aod.jpg

picture.php

View attachment 70817

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 695
Last edited by a moderator:
lol zavvi really are lacking in many departments. how can many people be without a copy and yet some are hording dozens? what has happened to all the cancelled orders?

it seems to me that Zavvi have released the copies to people who maybe only ordered ONE steelbook???......i ordered one and received mine the week before last!!...

has anybody here received more than one??

if so it seems that Zavvi have stuck a BIG middle finger up to all the scalpers here who hogged this title in the hope of fleecing people on fleabay...

in my opinion...about bloody time too!!!!!!

it was about time these people got it up them big time....promising people pre-orders at inflated prices....where are your copies now??? HA!!

if it is the case....WELL DONE ZAVVI...and i rarely rarely say that about them!!!:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Oh, how I'd like that to be the truth.

If they adopt my formula of one IP, one CC, one Steelbook, then that's an end to scalping, period!

This was very much wanted release and was only £17.99
It sold out in 2 hours when it went live originally
It was not zavvi pretending it was sold out

If any of you were expecting lots of stock to suddenly become available on Zavvi that was never going to happen
It was a limited release of 2000

When you have a very wanted release 2000 is tiny amount especially if a lot ordered 2 copies and some would have ordered 5 and some using different accounts and address to avoid orders getting cancelled
Adds up very quickly to 2000

Zavvi ship worldwide and not all who buy steelbooks are members of web forums
If there was any cancellations I would say it was very tiny amount

If a lot who ordered did not get their order dispached then there is something wrong and its possible they only got a small delivery and reason for release date change been 17th of Nov is for the rest of the stock to arrive as there was mention of some catalogue problem

??????????
1)Simple question did anyone who ordered not get a dispatch email
Do any of you have awaiting dispatch still on your order

2)If all who ordered got their orders dispatched
Then its simply sold out

Last edited:
Mine came in today. I love this steel, great art, great finish, no title needed on the front, but there is one on the side.
image.jpg

Got mine while I was out of town. Why is the one I really wanted to make it in tact the one that gets damaged. Don't get me wrong. I want them all to come undamaged but this one is out of stock so I'll likely have to live with it. Something seemed off about it when I got it. There seemed to be extra space under the shrink wrap. I opened it and under the cardboard the very bottom of the case is slightly caved in. I was able to pop it back out but there's still a tiny dent. Hardly the worse damage I've had but still.......

I received my steelbook on Monday, very happy with it.

Some people out here (not necessarily in this thread) seem paranoid (talking about mind games, false print runs... come on) and think that Zavvi is the Devil with free shipping: personally I've never grown accustomed to constantly bad-mouthing them and I'm always happy with my steelbooks (never received any damaged steels from them other than spine slashes on 3 Disneys and perhaps a couple of tiny dings here and there), so maybe there's a connection :wtf:.

Anyway, about the film in itself, the UK disc seems pretty poor (and doesn't have any subtitles), that's why I bought the French Blu-ray (€20 for this + the Benjamin Button and the Sweeney Todd digibooks at my FNAC store, that's a bargain) and here are the specs :) :

0.png

Yep, all cuts are available in HD on that disc: the US cut (81 minutes), the International cut (86 minutes) and the Director's Cut (96 minutes), all in high definition. I switched the disc and now all I need to do is try to find some time to watch the trilogy in the near future :).

Last edited:
Reactions: Kizza
This was very much wanted release and was only £17.99
It sold out in 2 hours when it went live originally
It was not zavvi pretending it was sold out

If any of you were expecting lots of stock to suddenly become available on Zavvi that was never going to happen
It was a limited release of 2000

When you have a very wanted release 2000 is tiny amount especially if a lot ordered 2 copies and some would have ordered 5 using different accounts and address to avoid orders getting cancelled
Adds up very quickly to 2000

Zavvi ship worldwide and not all who buy steelbooks are members of web forums
If there was any cancellations I would say it was very tiny amount

If a lot who ordered did not get their order dispached then there is something wrong and its possible they only got a small delivery and reason for release date change been 17th of Nov is for the rest of the stock to arrive as there was mention of some catalogue problem

??????????
1)Simple question did anyone who ordered not get a dispatch email
Do any of you have awaiting dispatch still on your order

2)If all who ordered got their orders dispatched
Then its simply sold out

I think you're wrong, and I think that the remaining copies which haven't been shipped will either: A) briefly reappear at some time in the future for last minute pre-orders; or B) Zavvi will hold back 500 or so which they will gradually sell at a slightly inflated price on eBay via Zavvi Outlet, as they have done with several other popular titles which apparently sold out

I do not believe for one minute that Zavvi have taken steps towards restricting scalpers, and many people have a legitimate reason for purchasing two / three / four / five copies at once other than selling for a profit (such as ordering for family and friends as soon as pre-orders go live in order to secure the order in time). I admit that some people do abuse this, but at the end of the day Zavvi are only interested in making money and they don't care who it comes from so long as they are making their quota of profit from the sales. They would much rather sell half a dozen to a scalper than restrict everyone to one copy per customer and be left with a stockpile of items they were unable to sell. Plus Zavvi are really not that smart to implement such a thing.

I do not believe for one second that Zavvi have shipped 2,000 out of 2,000 Army Of Darkness SteelBooks, and I would bet that their distribution centre has a stockpile of several dozen of these stashed away.

It also does not make sense to go to the effort of changing a release date (twice in one day, I might add), and then start dispatching some customers' orders a few days later. This leads me to suspect that the intended release date was changed at the last minute, but this information did not get communicated to the distribution centre in time, which resulted in some customers' orders being dispatched for the former release date

Reactions: axldelarge
I received my steelbook on Monday, very happy with it.

Some people out here (not necessarily in this thread) seem paranoid (talking about mind games, false print runs... come on) and think that Zavvi is the Devil with free shipping: personally I've never grown accustomed to constantly bad-mouthing them and I'm always happy with my steelbooks (never received any damaged steels from them other than spine slashes on 3 Disneys and perhaps a couple of tiny dings here and there), so maybe there's a connection :wtf:.

Anyway, about the film in itself, the UK disc seems pretty poor (and doesn't have any subtitles), that's why I bought the French Blu-ray (€20 for this + the Benjamin Button and the Sweeney Todd digibooks at my FNAC store, that's a bargain) and here are the specs :) :

View attachment 103680

Yep, all cuts are available in HD on that disc: the US cut (81 minutes), the International cut (86 minutes) and the Director's Cut (96 minutes), all in high definition. I switched the disc and now all I need to do is try to find some time to watch the trilogy in the near future :).
Cheers for this advise mate, will get this when I've got some free cash. :thumbs:

Is the directors cut footage in HD too? I know the German boxset is the best overall for extras and the like but I don't really need all the additional cuts of the film - all I'm after is a great directors cut version to go in my Steelbook.