aod.jpg

picture.php

View attachment 70817

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 695
Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers for this advise mate, will get this when I've got some free cash. :thumbs:

Is the directors cut footage in HD too? I know the German boxset is the best overall for extras and the like but I don't really need all the additional cuts of the film - all I'm after is a great directors cut version to go in my Steelbook.

I watched some of the first 35 minutes of the director's cut (the film looks bonkers by the way, I love that) and yes, it is in HD, it is 1080p with DTS-HD 5.1 sound, no seamless branching (each version has its own master), BUT some scenes did feel dated, like one where Ash is being fed grapes by servants (interior scene at night, lit by candles/torches), a few 'white dots' appeared.

Overall, the image is pretty good and the sound is consistently great, but they haven't done a remaster of the DC — all the tests I've been reading for the past few minutes state that it could have been better, but given the circumstances (low-budget, some shots that just couldn't be 'fixed') and what's offered (3 differents cuts on one disc), it's quite alright. Also, it's region B locked and this seems to have forced French subtitles (though some people here seem to have tricks to get around that).

comparmyofdarkness03.jpg

Here are the specs:

— 96-minute cut (Director's Cut):

MPEG-4 AVC Video / 17991 kbps / 1080p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / High Profile 4.1
English / DTS-HD Master Audio / 5.1 / 48 kHz / 2084 kbps / 16-bit (DTS Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 16-bit)
English / Dolby Digital Audio / 2.0 / 48 kHz / 192 kbps

— 89-minute cut (International cut - the amaray states that it's 86 minutes, but it's 89):

MPEG-4 AVC Video / 18021 kbps / 1080p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / High Profile 4.1
English / DTS-HD Master Audio / 5.1 / 48 kHz / 1841 kbps / 16-bit (DTS Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 16-bit)
English / Dolby Digital Audio / 2.0 / 48 kHz / 192 kbps
French / Dolby Digital Audio / 2.0 / 48 kHz / 192 kbps

— 80-minute cut (American cut):

MPEG-4 AVC Video / 19866 kbps / 1080p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / High Profile 4.1
English / DTS-HD Master Audio / 5.1 / 48 kHz / 1622 kbps / 16-bit (DTS Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 768 kbps / 16-bit)
English / Dolby Digital Audio / 2.0 / 48 kHz / 192 kbps / DN -4dB / Dolby Surround

Hope that helps ;).

I got both my copies and have to say its awesome.

Im presuming that its completely sold out now and the november release date is an error by zavvi, perhaps a mod can confirm one way or another?

[QUOTE="wayne71, post: 1164432,

Im presuming that its completely sold out now and the november release date is an error by zavvi, perhaps a mod can confirm one way or another?[/QUOTE]

Has there ever been a Zavvi release that did not come back up for preorder at least very briefly! Can DB or Wreck or apsmith please put us out of our misery!

Is there anyone doing/plan on doing late group buy for the cancelled orders when they come back in stock? I'm stuck away from home with barely any internet time to be looking for this, and I need a copy real bad if someone else can secure one

Well this is what I see when I watch the director's cut (on the disc released in March 2013) : the choice between the original version with subtitles in either DTS-HD or Dolby Digital, and that's it, no option to remove the subtitles from that menu as far as I know.

1412008268-dsc01613.jpg

Did you try pressing the subtitle button on the remote whilst the film was on? Sometimes an 'off' option can be hidden that way.

Oh, indeed, I just did that and I can confirm that you can remove the subtitles on the director's cut :) (and probably the other two versions too)!

I wasn't aware of that technique (I usually keep the subs on, and when I want to remove them I go in the menu, it was indeed "hidden" in that regard). Thanks for the tip.

Still does not take into account multiple credit cards and multiple IP addresses, and don't forget the pre-paid credit cards. Between that, I can have more than 30 IP addresses, 20-30 credit cards and between my friends, 20-30 delivery addresses. How does that stop the scaplers?
You're not listening Vlad.

I did say at the outset - only one of each would be accepted, and they must all be linked to each other and to the same address.

i.e. if you attempt to use 2 IPs with two cards at one address then no sale, or any other variation you care to mention. Clearly any -pre-paid type of card would have to be refused. Los endos :)

Rule would obviously be: 1 IP, at 1 Address, with 1 credit card at that address in the same name throughout.

As I said before, you can't get round it.

Now, any word from Zavvi as to what the hell is going on with this steel?