Arrival (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #68) [Czech Republic]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 15, 2017 (Standard) - April 19, 2017 (FAC)
Purchase links: Standard - FAC
Price: 699 CZK (Standard) - 899 CZK (FAC)
Note: Limited to 1000 numbered copies
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc

16665132_1649195895096958_2657487088027561466_o-jpg.292428

Arrival.JPG
film_23063_3.jpg film_23063_4.jpg

Happy with this news! I'm actually quite pleased with the temp art for the Zavvi release, so I wouldn't even mind if the premium outlets just take that steelbook and spruce it up with some lenticular slip goodness. Could be a very cool, elegant set for a very cool, elegant movie.

I was told because I loved Interstellar & Contact, I will absolutely love this film too ... I ain't seen it yet but I'm defo blind buying the best premium steel I can.

I was told because I loved Interstellar & Contact, I will absolutely love this film too ... I ain't seen it yet but I'm defo blind buying the best premium steel I can.
Similar, but I found Arrival much more satisfying than either of those. Slow, meditative, reflective, and in the end leaves as many questions as answers (in a good way). I think you'll enjoy it, and it's worth a blind buy.

I've loved all of the Director's last 3 films (ignoring Enemy), Prisoners, Incendies and Sicario. Not seen this yet, but probably going to be a blind-buy for me

giphy.gif

I just straight up, didn't like it at all. I wanted to, but couldn't. The others though are easily some of the best films I've seen in recent years, Prisoners 8.5/10, Incendies 8/10, Sicario 9/10.
I agree that Enemy wasn't everybody's cup of tea...
But when I saw it, I realized what a master director he was. The film is super subtle in its genius. His control over TONE throughout the film was incredible. (He had scenes where you would be nervous or uncomfortable with no rational reason to be...that's a hell of a trick). The staging, music and Cinematography were just incredible.
Maybe give it a shot again sometime.:thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: davhyl and Noodles
But when I saw it, I realized what a master director he was. The film is super subtle in its genius. His control over TONE throughout the film was incredible. (He had scenes where you would be nervous or uncomfortable with no rational reason to be). The staging, music and Cinematography were just incredible.
Agree. Or research the story a bit more on a few forums and watch it again. It's a multiple watch film that you'll pick up on something different each time.

First time I watched it I was like, WTF? But I couldn't stop thinking about it afterwards. I love those type of films.

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95 and Noodles
Enemy was awesome!

But when I saw it, I realized what a master director he was. The film is super subtle in its genius. His control over TONE throughout the film was incredible. (He had scenes where you would be nervous or uncomfortable with no rational reason to be...that's a hell of a trick). The staging, music and Cinematography were just incredible.

Agree. Or research the story a bit more on a few forums and watch it again. It's a multiple watch film that you'll pick up on something different each time.

First time I watched it I was like, WTF? But I couldn't stop thinking about it afterwards. I love those type of films.
Completely agree with all of the above. Easily my favourite film of his so far! Although I do still need to check out this one (Arrival).

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95