Arrival (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #68) [Czech Republic]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 15, 2017 (Standard) - April 19, 2017 (FAC)
Purchase links: Standard - FAC
Price: 699 CZK (Standard) - 899 CZK (FAC)
Note: Limited to 1000 numbered copies
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc

16665132_1649195895096958_2657487088027561466_o-jpg.292428

Arrival.JPG
film_23063_3.jpg film_23063_4.jpg

Is there going to be some sort of directors cut sometime ? ..... just asking because in the trailer you see the helicopters launching missiles in a salvo but can't for the life of me remember seeing it in the movie ?

I stopped watching trailers years ago and one convenient benefit is avoiding instances like that.

Front side of the slip is the only nice thing about this edition, otherwise it strikes me as a face-fest of Amy Adams :bored:, why they put her even on the collector´s card for christ sake? We all know she´s beautiful, but that doesn´t mean we need to see her all over the fullslip and stuff :facepalm:

Well, she does kind of carry the movie. And she did get snubbed by the Oscars this year. So I don't mind if she's all over the imagery. But that lenti just puzzles me. It's such an odd choice to have a flip-flop of the two leads in the suits.

Well, she does kind of carry the movie. And she did get snubbed by the Oscars this year. So I don't mind if she's all over the imagery. But that lenti just puzzles me. It's such an odd choice to have a flip-flop of the two leads in the suits.
Yes Im aware of that, but still don´t think her face should be so many times there. There is much more relevant stuff in that movie, what could be nicely utilized into a beautiful Fullslip. Just sayin´ :whistle:

• Thanks
Reactions: ethnosax
Yes Im aware of that, but still don´t think her face should be so many times there. There is much more relevant stuff in that movie, what could be nicely utilized into a beautiful Fullslip. Just sayin´ :whistle:
Sure, fair enough. Hopefully another retailer will give us a truly special edition steelbook. I've chosen the Kimchi lenti for now, but there's much room for improvement.

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz
Sure, fair enough. Hopefully another retailer will give us a truly special edition steelbook. I've chosen the Kimchi lenti for now, but there's much room for improvement.

Yea Kimchi Lenti is probably the best option right now, but Im still waiting for something better. I would be satisfied only with steelbook itself, but it must be something awesome, full glossy em/debossed etc. not that crap out there now :yawn:

Front side of the slip is the only nice thing about this edition, otherwise it strikes me as a face-fest of Amy Adams :bored:, why they put her even on the collector´s card for christ sake? We all know she´s beautiful, but that doesn´t mean we need to see her all over the fullslip and stuff :facepalm:

I TOTALLY agree with this @Hereticz, as I also said on this same thread earlier, on post #287 (see below).

I think that the picture on the lenti is extremely poor chose; to me that I know the movie "by heart", and I like it A LOT, this lenti tells me nothing, as it is a face of an actor, that could very simple be form any other movie that actor was in, but has NOTHING that say "Arrival" on it (and I don't mean written), none of the "emblematic" signs that distinct Arrival from any other movie, as I would think should the be the case with ANY props and designs specific for a "special-exclusive-limited" stuff.
I'm not an old connoisseur of the FAC or other "exclusives" but based on the pictures I saw with the old designs vs the new designs, I think as the other of you said, FAC is getting worst each time they come up with an "exclusive" FAC.
SO SORRY to see this, just now, when I started to know about that and I wanted to have some... SO SORRY ...:ugh::ohno::banghead:

There could be SO MANY MUCH more Arrival related images chosen for this Lenti, that it makes me SO SAD for this waisted opportunity on all editions until mow... sooo sad... :arghh:
Granted, Amy Adams is GREAT, but still, this image is so easy at a short look to think as another shot from some other of her latest movies...
Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 23.52.27.png

Could you imagine how GREAT could be a Lenti with just the ship hovering the earth with that "smoky" clouds near by, in FULL DEPTH?
something like this...
I think if they would use this image (that was used at the premiere), would had been WAY better, and no more bugging with the "missing I"
View attachment 292011
I think I would buy another edition just for that... but, I guess I have to do it myself if I want to have such a thing...