Arrival (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #68) [Czech Republic]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 15, 2017 (Standard) - April 19, 2017 (FAC)
Purchase links: Standard - FAC
Price: 699 CZK (Standard) - 899 CZK (FAC)
Note: Limited to 1000 numbered copies
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc

16665132_1649195895096958_2657487088027561466_o-jpg.292428

Arrival.JPG
film_23063_3.jpg film_23063_4.jpg

Well, everyone was complaining about them putting the giant faces on the front of every slip...:rofl:

Edit: All jokes aside, I really love the front of the slip.

Last edited:
maybe it's a typo and the person hit the space bar a few times by mistake......
Definitely some interesting kerning. :)

I do think the slip is quite nice, though. Is there going to be a lenti, too? This slip would work as a double-sided lenti, actually...

Not sure how I feel about the title placement on the front... the ship acting as the 'I' looks a bit tacky IMO.

As for the rest of the artwork, I like it! It's an official wallpaper though, so Film Arena didn't actually design this one and therefore can't be to blame for the "big heads" this time. :LOL:

arrival.jpg

I also used it for my steelbook concept...

#79 Arrival (SC).png

You should be saying "Damn that's a big ass "I"... " ;)
There you go. :) From a design-logic standpoint, I look at it and wonder, Why should I imagine that the movie title is behind the spaceship? I mean, the spaceship is waaaay back in the distance. If the letters end up being embossed, then it gets even worse, because then it's like the letters are right in my face...and also waaaay back there behind the spaceship.

#overthinkingit

Not sure how I feel about the title placement on the front... the ship acting as the 'I' looks a bit tacky IMO.

As for the rest of the artwork, I like it! It's an official wallpaper though, so Film Arena didn't actually design this one and therefore can't be to blame for the "big heads" this time. :LOL:

View attachment 291438

I also used it for my steelbook concept...

View attachment 291439
#GimmeBackMyVowel

There you go. :) From a design-logic standpoint, I look at it and wonder, Why should I imagine that the movie title is behind the spaceship? I mean, the spaceship is waaaay back in the distance. If the letters end up being embossed, then it gets even worse, because then it's like the letters are right in my face...and also waaaay back there behind the spaceship.

#overthinkingit
I guess it COULD be worse with the title....
IMG_0296.JPG
:p