Price: £22.99

11369772-2024460982730011.jpg

11369772-1854460982800934.jpg

11369772-1204460982859977.jpg
11369772-1434436648891913.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheapest looking Steel ever? :wtf::wtf::wtf:

upload_2017-3-16_13-53-35-png.300943

Jeez, perhaps it's someone at eOne saying "we need a steelbook but I'll only pay for artwork, no painting". Hence Seven Pyschopaths, Nightcrawler and this...

As for cheapest ever steelbook, I'm not sure the play.com Source Code will ever be beaten.

^ "Source Code", "Fast and Furious Pimp My Ride 1-4 Collection" and "The Adventures of Adele Blanc-Sec" = all bare metal 'stickerbooks' (made-up word I know but still a steelbook and not a book(let) in which as children we used to place stickers back in the day) and should not be compared to the lovely bare metal U.K. steelbooks with art applied directly to the steel and not just stuck on that are out there and of which there are at least 15 different U.K. examples from "Transporter 3" onwards ("Transporter 3" NOT being one on the better ones).

Agreed. They literally couldn't have made less effort :(

Yes they could and have done previously :censored:

Jeez, perhaps it's someone at eOne saying "we need a steelbook but I'll only pay for artwork, no painting". Hence Seven Pyschopaths, Nightcrawler and this...

As for cheapest ever steelbook, I'm not sure the play.com Source Code will ever be beaten.

I kind of disagree though Source Code does come very close

^ "Source Code", "Fast and Furious Pimp My Ride 1-4 Collection" and "The Adventures of Adele Blanc-Sec" = all bare metal 'stickerbooks' (made-up word I know but still a steelbook and not a book(let) in which as children we used to place stickers back in the day) and should not be compared to the lovely bare metal U.K. steelbooks with art applied directly to the steel and not just stuck on that are out there and of which there are at least 15 different U.K. examples from "Transporter 3" onwards ("Transporter 3" NOT being one on the better ones).

This is the worse offender as you had to actually put the stickers on yourself - it was bare steel with a slip and a page of DIY stickers (n)

Yes they could and have done previously :censored:

I kind of disagree though Source Code does come very close

This is the worse offender as you had to actually put the stickers on yourself - it was bare steel with a slip and a page of DIY stickers (n)

Wow I didn't get that one, but that's even worse haha!

I've literally just received mine and I don't think I've ever been more disappointed with a steelbook. You can BARELY tell that the image is metallic on the promo shots. So misleading. I know it makes more sense for it to be grey with the fog etc but they've advertised it as being white all this time and like you've all said the white looks better. The black isn't embossed either sadly. Maybe I can learn to love this since I can't stand the standard blu-ray artwork, but I kinda wish I'd gotten the French steelbook despite the translated title and no English subtitles. Ah well. Still one of my favourite films.

Received mine also and would obviously prefer it to be white, but I can understand why they went the metallic route (other than being cheap :p) for "creative" purposes... they clearly wanted to imitate the alien tank, so I guess they thought bare metal would give the best effect for achieving that. Not the best steelbook, but certainly not the worst if you ask me... I actually kind of dig it. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: JCC
Received mine also and would obviously prefer it to be white, but I can understand why they went the metallic route (other than being cheap :p) for "creative" purposes... they clearly wanted to imitate the alien tank, so I guess they thought bare metal would give the best effect for achieving that. Not the best steelbook, but certainly not the worst if you ask me... I actually kind of dig it. :)

Haven't received this yet, but I agree with you. I don't see what the fuss is all about. White is always classier, but overall this looks fine to me. It's not going to win any awards, but it's certainly not the worst steelbook. I saw the movie in theaters and agree that the metallic background fits the movie better than a white background. I still like it better than the WWA steelbook design.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Spain Steelbook
France/Germany/Czech Steelbook will be the same with only difference is the Jcard and Disc Title lanugage
Unboxing Video with Title in Spanish on Jcard and Disc

I have the UK Steelbook on it's way but I'm glad I also went for the Film Arena FAC release as that will be the steelbook in the above video

ARRIVAL arrived today and pretty good it is too . .. perfectly representative of the film and decidedly cool and elegant.

I like it, anyway, particularly the understated title treatment on the spine - so much more elegant than on the other edition :):thumbs:

Gloss finish with variegated shades of grey background which have not showed up well in previous pics so felt obliged to hunt down better (images courtesy another forum) and which can be seen here:-
zMeXucW.jpg

ty4hLu2.jpg

DIq5HV0.jpg

Quarter slip data sheet:-
2ebEV9L.jpg

Haven't received this yet, but I agree with you. I don't see what the fuss is all about. White is always classier, but overall this looks fine to me. It's not going to win any awards, but it's certainly not the worst steelbook. I saw the movie in theaters and agree that the metallic background fits the movie better than a white background. I still like it better than the WWA steelbook design.
Pics don't really do it justice to be honest (although @virkia's photos above show it off pretty well) as it looks better in hand IMO. The bare metal actually adds some depth between the smoke and the background too, which is cool. I also much prefer this to the WWA art steel, but I can understand why some don't... neither of them are perfect though to be fair. Hope yours arrive soon anyway! :)

Reactions: JCC