Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £22.99

11369772-2024460982730011.jpg

11369772-1854460982800934.jpg

11369772-1204460982859977.jpg
11369772-1434436648891913.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
how do you get a student discount?

UniDays, just register a college email there & once an hour you can get a 10% discount code that can be redeemed on the Zavvi site. Its worked for I'd say 99% of the steelbooks I've ordered from them for the last 4 years.
Funny thing is I finished in May but because the university don't reset your email till the start of the new uni year, which was the 15th of September, I was able to go on on the 12th & renew my UniDays account for another year. So I've got the discount for another year at least.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Drumass
UniDays, just register a college email there & once an hour you can get a 10% discount code that can be redeemed on the Zavvi site. Its worked for I'd say 99% of the steelbooks I've ordered from them for the last 4 years.
Funny thing is I finished in May but because the university don't reset your email till the start of the new uni year, which was the 15th of September, I was able to go on on the 12th & renew my UniDays account for another year. So I've got the discount for another year at least.
wow. thanks!

I have seen Arrival at the theater last night - what a captivating experience this was! Loved it from beginning to end.
I'm really looking forward to the steelbook now. Whilst being TBC, the current artwork fits well to the movie, and I'd be okay with it. However I'd prefer something different, such as the mock-ups by @JCC (click) and @Noodles (click).

What do you think the chances are this will be picked up by one of the "premium" retailers? They certainly had something interesting in their hands to work with if they were to acquire the rights.

Cheers

I have seen Arrival at the theater last night - what a captivating experience this was! Loved it from beginning to end.
I'm really looking forward to the steelbook now. Whilst being TBC, the current artwork fits well to the movie, and I'd be okay with it. However I'd prefer something different, such as the mock-ups by @JCC (click) and @Noodles (click).

What do you think the chances are this will be picked up by one of the "premium" retailers? They certainly had something interesting in their hands to work with if they were to acquire the rights.

Cheers

I also saw it. I really like it. Maybe Kimchi, FAC, Hdzeta, Manta lab might release it. We just have to wait and see buddy

Cheers
I'd say chances are very high. Villeneuve is really hot right now, and there were a number of options for Sicario. With Blade Runner coming next year, I assume all the retailers are going to want in on his titles.

• Thanks
Reactions: CleverLoginName
Anyone know if the artwork is confirmed?
I know Zavvi still says tbc...
French steelbook
comment_74784_attachment_images_4.jpg

comment_74784_attachment_images_3.jpg

comment_74784_attachment_images_1.jpg

comment_74785_attachment_images_1.jpg

comment_74785_attachment_images_2.jpg

comment_74784_attachment_images_2.jpg

Looks to me like a Satin finish with no sign of 'bossing (?) and whilst maybe not an A+ definitely a solid B.

Anyone not liking the steelbook will not have their feelings changed or improved by the slipcase on offer through a certain retailer as it's not great despite being an adaptation of one of the original poster designs:-

Don't know if anyone else has mentioned the reference to the 2011 Italian film THE ARRIVAL OF WANG after looking at that poster . . . :naughty:

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: AlienKing and K.i.T
Looks like it's WEA?

Have to say I prefer the Film Arena one. This just looks like a Scanavo employee left his coffee mug down on a blank steelbook and they went with that! :p

Can cancel my order for this now.

• Thanks
Reactions: K.i.T
If this ends up being brushed steel with a spot glossed black blob, it will look horrendous!

eOne's previous UK steelbooks have been pretty decent though.