Release date: March 20, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £22.99

11369772-2024460982730011.jpg

11369772-1854460982800934.jpg

11369772-1204460982859977.jpg
11369772-1434436648891913.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that it's not just plain white, but has a kind of gradient shading to it, makes me think it's not going to end up being bare metal. We'll see...
You mean the cloudy/misty effect? If so, they've used a similar effect before on bare metal steels... one that immediately springs to mind is the Place Beyond the Pines steelbook. Hopefully you're right anyway!

You mean the cloudy/misty effect? If so, they've used a similar effect before on bare metal steels... one that immediately springs to mind is the Place Beyond the Pines steelbook. Hopefully you're right anyway!
I figured I'd be corrected, but it was worth hoping. ;)

Is that like mist or something on the top and bottom of the circle or is that just a blemish in the image?

Kinda, it's a close up of the alien screen from the film. You can see it on the other steel

I have an idea of that what symbol means because it's a big part in the film but confirmation would be cool

Only read if you have seen the film
I assuming it means "weapon" or possibly the title of the film "Arrival" (which I'm pretty sure is mentioned/ deciphered in the film) obviously in their language/ symbols

Kinda, it's a close up of the alien screen from the film. You can see it on the other steel

I have an idea of that what symbol means because it's a big part in the film but confirmation would be cool

Only read if you have seen the film
I assuming it means "weapon" or possibly the title of the film "Arrival" (which I'm pretty sure is mentioned/ deciphered in the film) obviously in their language/ symbols
oops! I didn't realize it was a spoiler, no I haven't seen the film so I can't read your spoiler. I'll take it at that and wait until I have it in hand to watch it and understand. Thanks. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
On the fence with the steelbook. As far as the movie. Without revealing any details, I enjoyed it but IMO the reviews were overly complimentary. It's a pretty heady and very ambitious story. I left feeling a bit unsatisfied. I didn't quite feel the profound sense of meaning I think the film was looking to elicit. I got the message but for me it kind of just missed the mark. I want to see it again. My opinion could change after a second viewing, up or down. It's happened to me before. Certainly a well made film and worth a watch.

• Thanks
Reactions: Brett_S
I guess it's quite normal for local distributors to lock their discs, since the discs are, you know, local (they're not produced for international market). It happens for Metropolitan discs in France, 01/RaiMovie and Eagle in Italy, I guess for Constantine FIlm or Concorde video in Germany as well