Release date: March 20, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £22.99

11369772-2024460982730011.jpg

11369772-1854460982800934.jpg

11369772-1204460982859977.jpg
11369772-1434436648891913.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, so it appears to look like this ............................................................. instead of something like this (without the framing border and with a larger image) . . .
upload_2017-3-16_13-53-35.png
upload_2017-3-16_13-56-5.png

Either way doesn't look great (IMO) and the WWA doesn't look quite so much like the ugly sister anymore.

Anyway, my copy dispatched yesterday and hoping I'll learn to like it more over time . . .

Image on steelbook front
flat,550x550,075,f.u3.jpg
apparently translates to "EARTH" with image on back translating to "HEPTAPOD"
flat,800x800,070,f.u3.jpg

To avoid any misunderstanding I love bare metal w/ black . . . as a design choice . . . in the kitchen though where it belongs (LOL) . . .
. . . and I chose that particular finish for the hob, ovens, fridge freezer, Siemens small appliances (brushed aluminium w/ black) etc.

Last edited:
As I don't have it in hand yet, with due consideration I feel I've been a bit unfair to this steelbook . . . with a full gloss finish it could still look very nice indeed :thumbs:
Just taken the opportunity to check my shelves and noticed at least 15 bare metal U.K. steelbooks (some just black design on bare metal like this one) with some very nice indeed :thumbs:

I must be crazy because I actually like this. Wish it was embossed, but it makes sense that the steel would look the way it does based on the movie with the writing appearing from a gray-ish fog.
LOL. We had the same issue with the Zoom TMNT: OUT OF THE SHADOWS with some people hoping for a white background despite the fact that the turtles were clearly breaking through metal . . .

So who's getting this version?

image.png

Much prefer it out of the 2. Would sit well with ex machina

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry
The problem here is the minimalistic artwork and poor execution.

1. The Raid Play.com - was silver but it was an excellent looking Steel
2. Seven Psychopaths - was silver but it looked terrific.
4. Need for Speed - so-so due to minimalistic artwork
4. Nightcrawler - so-so due to minimalistic artwork
5. Monster's University (front of WWA Steelbook) - Poor execution completely ruined it.

Nothing wrong with silver but execution and the artwork matters.

Last edited:

1. Seven Psychopaths - was silver but it looked terrific.
2. The Raid Play.com - was silver and it is an excellent looking Steel

Exactly. The only silver steelbook I have is the UK Psycho from a couple years ago. That one really works because the metal gives a nice sheen to the black and white photo.

1. The Raid Play.com - was silver and it is an excellent looking Steel
2. Seven Psychopaths - was silver but it looked terrific.
4. Need for Speed - so-so due to minimalistic artwork
4. Nightcrawler - so-so due to minimalistic artwork
5. Monster's University (front of WWA Steelbook) - Poor execution completely ruined it.

Good examples (wasn't a fan of need 4 speed or monsters uni though but like you say because of the finish)

New turtles fits nicely in there too - I would put it on par with raid and 7P

Reactions: lgans316
Reminds me of the Sicario finish but at least you could maybe justify that by saying it's meant to look like a dodgy tattoo. This just looks cheap. Hope to have my opinion changed with a few more pictures as I'd originally had a pre-order in place and was hyped about its release until I saw the finish.

I must be crazy because I actually like this. Wish it was embossed, but it makes sense that the steel would look the way it does based on the movie with the writing appearing from a gray-ish fog.
Whether it's based on the movie or not it still looks like steaming pile of dog poop