Arrow Films-Steelbook Retailer Chat Thread

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA

Arrow Films.jpg

Feel free to discuss any policies or experiences regarding this retailer here.

http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody know what these are like for despatching?

I ordered monday and still havent heard a peep from them, im from the uk so i cant see why it hasnt been posted yet. Their website is crap too, no order info on it at all. I see no reason to even sign up if the only proof of order is the email confirmation :p

They don't send dispatch emails or have order history on their site. Rest assured your package will have been sent though.

Received Foxy Brown from Arrow today, unfortunately only in a jiffy bag with a single layer of bubble wrap, and not in the cardboard cover they sent my Zombie Flesh Eaters in.

Bit disappointing this change in packaging wasn't a permanent, but it's still mint.

i just received "foxy brown" and "blow-out" steelbooks, ordered directly from arrow.

well, please see the pics, and make your own judgment...

2013-09-19 14.45.34.jpg

2013-09-19 14.46.01.jpg

for me, thats the first steelbooks ever that arrived damaged (apart from some quite usual minimal paint chips or a small spine slash)... and the reason for this is the most horrible packaging method for steelbooks i've ever witnessed in my life. even zavvi does it better.

i will wait for the answer to my claim now, and see how they manage to apologize for that. anyway, if there is no siginificant improvement of the packaging next time, i will not order from them again.

From Arrow's Facebook page: December titles are announced in full this Friday at 11am UK time. Don’t miss it!

Along with a photo of Big Trouble In Little China. Hopefully they'll have an early bird price like they've done with a lot of their new releases

Is it cheaper to buy directly from Arrow themselves?

Do they ship outside the UK?

Cool! Is it expensive?

Looked at a few order confirmation email messages: £3.00 for one steel (Air Mail), £3.65 for two steels, free shipping for orders above £50 (could be a limited time offer, not sure). These were to Finland, so I'd imagine shipping to Ireland would be less or the same.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Is it cheaper to buy directly from Arrow themselves?

Do they ship outside the UK?

They sell a lot of their titles at a cheaper price for the first 2-3 weeks, Invasion of the Body Snatchers was only £13.99 and not a steelbook, but their 3 disc Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 was £19.99.

They do ship internationally, it's probably worth mentioning though that they take payment immediately.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
i just received "foxy brown" and "blow-out" steelbooks, ordered directly from arrow.

well, please see the pics, and make your own judgment...

for me, thats the first steelbooks ever that arrived damaged (apart from some quite usual minimal paint chips or a small spine slash)... and the reason for this is the most horrible packaging method for steelbooks i've ever witnessed in my life. even zavvi does it better.

i will wait for the answer to my claim now, and see how they manage to apologize for that. anyway, if there is no siginificant improvement of the packaging next time, i will not order from them again.

Sorry to see that mate. Looks like ordering more than one steelbook at a time didn't get you better packaging in this case :(

Thinking about ordering Big Trouble in Little China Steelbook from them. The price is good but I'd rather not go through the hassle of the returns system for a few quid if it turns up looking like a banana.

I'm currently experiencing problems whilst trying to browse and shop on the Arrow website. Can anybody else please let me know if they are having similar issues? I am trying to figure out if it's just a technical problem on their end or a problem viewing the website using my current browser.

(Sidenote: New collector here. Hello to all.)

I decided I wanted to make a set with Jackie Brown & Foxy Brown Steelbooks.

Anyway the Foxy Brown came yesterday, it was packed in their custom card envelope and bubble wrap, which I can't fault but it came to me bent like a banana, inwards on the bottom. EEK! May have been TNT I think that did this, Royal Mail delivers to me from TNT, I think excess weight on my parcel has done this, as the parcel was damaged too, in the same corner or they decided to play football with it. :(

I contacted Arrow and they want it returned and will then send a replacement, I had to ask them if they would cover the return for the damaged Steelbook. Arrow say they will but want a scan of the return postage, never done that before but I'll get it done. :)