Arrow Films-Steelbook Retailer Chat Thread

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA

Arrow Films.jpg

Feel free to discuss any policies or experiences regarding this retailer here.

http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
10171654_778465012187495_4974691667378397007_n.jpg

This June, Arrow Video will be celebrating its 5 year anniversary with a host of special announcements being made in the coming weeks to commemorate its 5th birthday!

To kick the celebrations off, 6 x specially re-packaged SteelBooks will be released exclusively via Zavvi starting on 23rd June with the release of Maniac Cop and followed by Day of the Dead on the 30th June. Shortly thereafter Arrow Video will release Black Sunday, Inferno, City of the Living Dead and Phenomena as part of this special commemorative SteelBook re-issue.

In one of these Limited Edition SteelBooks, we will place a Golden Ticket, for which one lucky fan will win the entire Arrow Video back-catalogue and all upcoming 2014 titles*.

This will be followed throughout the year with a host of further celebrations including talent-led fan-events, unique merchandise and exciting interactive competitions for fans to take part.

Stay tuned for further announcements and some very exciting content in the coming weeks!

*Where titles are still in-print

With this golden ticket competition along with the current 'friday the 13th' sale.. Arrow are certainly looking to shift a lot of old stock at the moment..

Lets hope this isn't a sign of the times for them. The industry really needs them to keep flourishing.

Any thoughts?

With this golden ticket competition along with the current 'friday the 13th' sale.. Arrow are certainly looking to shift a lot of old stock at the moment..

Lets hope this isn't a sign of the times for them. The industry really needs them to keep flourishing.

Any thoughts?

I think the Golden Ticket is just a smart marketing ploy, while they regularly have sales like the one at the moment. I often wish I'd just waited to purchase all of my steels from Arrow in a sale, would have saved quite a few quid. ;)

I think the Golden Ticket is just a smart marketing ploy, while they regularly have sales like the one at the moment. I often wish I'd just waited to purchase all of my steels from Arrow in a sale, would have saved quite a few quid. ;)

I try and get all my arrow releases in the regular sales, plus by filling your boots there you get points off later - The burbs cost me £5

I'm a massive fan of Arrow and there's a few Steelbooks they have which are a lot cheaper or not available anywhere else. I'd like to buy direct from them, but there's a lot of mixed feedback about their packaging in this thread though. I'm in Australia so yeah, it's a bit of a trip from the UK. Do you think their packaging is good enough to make it safely to me, or should I stick with places like Amazon/Zavvi?

I'm a massive fan of Arrow and there's a few Steelbooks they have which are a lot cheaper or not available anywhere else. I'd like to buy direct from them, but there's a lot of mixed feedback about their packaging in this thread though. I'm in Australia so yeah, it's a bit of a trip from the UK. Do you think their packaging is good enough to make it safely to me, or should I stick with places like Amazon/Zavvi?

They use a card mailer similar to the Entertainment Store retailer on play.com, I no longer have the packaging or I would post pics, I can tell you the card mailer is not the flimsy A1 Mailer kind, with no protection, it's custom made for some impact and they put some bubblewrap around the steelbook.

I had bad luck with my first steelbook, definitely TNT's fault, another private mailing company that held on to my order a while, before it was sent to Royal Mail for delivery. My replacement steelbook came quickly and in mint condition, after I returned the damaged one, very good customer service from Arrow, can't fault them really.

I would ask them directly at Arrowfilms as well, their customer service is friendly and they respond quickly usually, maybe they have different packaging for overseas.

As for Zavvi and Amazon, I would look at their threads, their packaging has not been good the last few times I have used them, maybe check with other overseas buyers as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Futurhythm
Arrow have announced a US based label . They plan to release titles simultaneously coded A& B ( including steelbooks) both sides of the Atlantic. But it isn't straightforward, they require start up money. They have set up an indie go go campaign to raise the necessary funds https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/arrow-video-usa so if any US based ninjas want to help them out (it's not open to the UK) ...

• Informative
Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
Arrow Video Facebook
Last May some of you may remember that we launched our Golden Ticket comp! (If you don't have a clue what we are talking about you can find out more here: http://bit.ly/1pEdmgT) So far nobody has come forward to claim the prize which suggests that the ticket may still be out there...

Soooo, the hunt is still on! To make things easier we can reveal that the ticket was packed inside a copy of Maniac Cop! If you have a sealed copy of this one sitting on your shelf now may be a good time to open it.

Good luck everyone!

Hi, I have never bought from Arrow before and I was just wondering if someone could tell me how their points system works please? :thumbs:
Like, if I bought something for £10, how many points does that get me and how much does that get me off my next order???
Thanks a lot!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Hi, I have never bought from Arrow before and I was just wondering if someone could tell me how their points system works please? :thumbs:
Like, if I bought something for £10, how many points does that get me and how much does that get me off my next order???
Thanks a lot!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
1 Reward Point = £0.01
Collect 100 points and you've got yourself £1 cash back
So on your next purchase you will see in checkout the amount of reward points you have to spend
you can use all or part of your available rewards points

Purchase an item examples below
£10.00 = 100 reward points
£15.99 = 150 reward points
£18.79 = 180 reward points
£30.77 = 307 reward points
Points can be redeemed on any purchases that you make from our online shop
100 points = £1.00 off your next purchase
370 points = £3.70 off your next purchase

Note that reward points are only issued against the 'cash paid' part of an order. If you paid for your order in full with points no further points will be awarded. Part paid reward points/cash orders will be awarded pro-rata.

Note that in sale periods owing to a technical limitation on the site reward points purchases are redeemable against the original price of the product only not the discounted price - don't worry however we offer double points on all purchases at these times

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: William