On Air Arrow (Season 7) [The CW]

cyberef

Time Travel Ninja
Premium Supporter
Oct 11, 2011
Sweden
L1Yod.jpg

Arrow is an American action-adventure television series developed by Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim, and Andrew Kreisberg. It is based on the fictional character Green Arrow, a superhero who appears in comic books published by DC Comics. It premiered in North America on The CW on October 10, 2012,[1] with international broadcasting to take place in late 2012.[2] The series follows billionaire playboy Oliver Queen, portrayed by Stephen Amell, who returns home to fight crime and corruption as the vigilante "Arrow" after being stranded on a deserted island for five years. Arrow will also feature appearances by other DC Comics characters. To assist in promotion, a preview comic book was released to tie into the television series.

I watched the pilot, quite a good show! Seems promising!

Last edited by a moderator:
@jitstark @Lakerone Was a pretty crazy episode.

But I am a little sad about...
Artemis. As a fan of the Young Justice tv series. I'm not happy with how they have done the character.
At first I was sad when she was killed by Prometheus. And then finding out it was a fake-out.... I don't think there is any way to redeem her after this.

I'm also getting a little tired of the flashbacks. I just want it to catch up to season 1 so we can be done with them haha.

I'm also getting frustrated at the team. They need to be smarter.
Chase likes to brag and rub it in their face that he is 10 steps ahead of them, yada yada. Why are they not secretly recording these conversations? It would be enough to put him away.

anyways I'm sounding like I'm not enjoying this season. I am. Its much better then the last 2 for sure.

• Thanks
Reactions: Lakerone
So guys? What did you think of the finale tonight and the season as a whole?

Some quick thoughts:
Thought the finale was great!
To be honest... This show NEEDS more Slade. Every moment he was on screen I was excited. And I was pumped that he was "good slade" again (Even though they tried to trick us a couple times, making it seem like he switched sides). I loved the first two seasons and that is partially because of him.

I know Manu Bennett is shooting Shannarah Chronicles, but I hope they can make room for him next season (assuming everyone survived the explosions).

They desperately need to change some things up next year. Do something a little different. Make things feel fresh again.
I HOPE they are finally done with the flashbacks as they were really starting to get annoying.

Anyways, I thought Chase / Prometheus was a good villain...
He could have been better if they had done a more intelligent cat and mouse game with him and Oliver. So many times I got frustrated with how stupid the team responded or how chase's plan made little sense.

Also they're were story threads that never got answered or just forgotten. Like Vigilante. I remember a time when I thought Vigilante might have been Chase as well, and he had a split personality (Fight Club style). THAT would have been a cool way to go. But no... Seems like the writers just forgot about him. Also Ragman, thought we might have seen him again? nope.

So my season rankings from best to worst:
2,1,5 & 3(Tie),4

• Thanks
Reactions: Lakerone
I loved it. Much better than the Flash finale which was a mess. I wrote this on the avclub about what I think of the finale:

Good god that was amazing. Everything you wanted in a finale. Pure action and what actually felt like the culmination of 5 years of work. The punch cuts were incredible and the action never felt overly long as it kept cutting to different fights.

It had a Dark Knight Rises feel to it at the end and I kept wishing that Oliver would shout 'WHERE IS HE?!' when he was punching Chase repeatedly. Not a bad wish considering the parallels between this show and Batman.

As for Chase. He was a great villain. Well written and even in the end had the upper hand. It's a shame he died as he could have become the Joker to Oliver's Batman.

Special mentions to:

- Manu Bennet as Slade Wilson. - It's been too long and wasn't long enough. Loved seeing him back in action and hope he isn't dead.

- Detective Lance and his catharsis; 'You didn't have to do that' 'I did, for so many reasons!'

My order for best seasons would be: 2, 5, 1, 4, 3.

The Vigilante switch got me because I thought I could see it coming as I knew who he was in the comics. I'd be great to find out who he really is.

• Thanks
Reactions: Lakerone and kaw
Finale was GREAT, can't wait for next season...

Like everyone has stated, missed Slade sooooo much, almost want to go back and watch the seasons when he was highlighted...
Got a little tired throughout the season with Oliver's whining about I'm good, I'm bad, get away from, come help me, I love to kill, I don't love to kill.....it's like watching a teenagers mood swings....

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
Late as always here in Germany but Netflix released Season 5 last week and i binged my way trough it.
Absolute Awesome Season. Prometheus was one of the best enemies in Arrow History. Loved it and the comebacks from all the old enemys like Malcom Merlyn and Slade Wilson. Damn.