Horror-TV Ash vs. Evil Dead (Season 3) [Starz]

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Starz Greenlights Ash Vs. Evil Dead Starring Bruce Campbell!
ashboomstick.jpg

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=125005

"All right you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! Starz has officially greenlit the long-awaited follow-up to the classic horror film franchise "The Evil Dead" which will be titled "Ash Vs. Evil Dead" and reteam the original filmmakers, director Sam Raimi, producer Rob Tapert and star Bruce Campbell.

Bruce Campbell will reprise his role as wisecracking hero Ash in 10 half-hour episodes which will air sometime in 2015. This comes on the heels of his seconds-long cameo at the tail end of the 2013 remake, and the rumblings from this summer's Comic-Con that the long-planned follow-up to 1993's Army of Darkness would be a show rather than a movie.

Here's the synopsis for the series: Ash, the stock boy, aging lothario and chainsaw-handed monster hunter who has spent the last 30 years avoiding responsibility, maturity and the terrors of the Evil Dead. When a Deadite plague threatens to destroy all of mankind, Ash is finally forced to face his demons – personal and literal. Destiny, it turns out, has no plans to release the unlikely hero from its "Evil" grip.

"Starz first worked with Sam and Rob on 'Spartacus,' and we are thrilled to be back in business with them," said Carmi Zlotnik, Managing Director of Starz. "With Sam writing and directing and Bruce Campbell returning to the screen, we are certain the show will give Evil Dead fans around the world the fix they’ve been craving."

"Evil Dead has always been a blast. Bruce, Rob, and I are thrilled to have the opportunity to tell the next chapter in Ash’s lame, but heroic saga. With his chainsaw arm and his 'boomstick,' Ash is back to kick some monster butt. And brother, this time there’s a truckload of it," said Sam Raimi.

"I'm really excited to bring this series to the Evil Dead fans worldwide - it's going to be everything they have been clamoring for: serious deadite ass-kicking and plenty of outrageous humor," said Bruce Campbell.

Raimi will direct the first episode. "Ash Vs. Evil Dead" was written by Sam Raimi, Ivan Raimi and Tom Spezialy. Raimi will also serve as executive producer, along with Rob Tapert and Bruce Campbell. Ivan Raimi will co-executive Produce and Aaron Lam will serve as producer."

popcorn2.gif

Last edited:
All I can say is... YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's face it, another Evil Dead movie with Ash was never going to happen, if it was we would've seen it by now. Evil Dead 4 has always been touted by Sam and Bruce and every year they say they're gonna make it, but IMO they have just done this to keep the fans happy with no news being 'official'.

To see this announced by Starz is confirmation we will see Ash back battling the Deadites and I am hugely excited!! Look at what the likes of 'The Walking Dead' can get away with violence/gore wise, there's no reason why this won't be toned down and should be just as good fun as the previous 3 movies. My only small gripe, is that Raimi isn't directing the whole thing.

Ash is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really looking forward to this, from what iv'e been reading this is going to be half hour episodes without adverts, Starz will let them do all the gore they want and Raimi will be directing the first episode and there could be five series. Can't wait for this one.

The gore shouldn't be an issue, as Raimi was involved with Spartacus and that had plenty on Starzz. I'm actually liking the fact they made these 30 minutes. Makes it imply it's more comedy based, which is more Army of Darkness than Evil Dead 1. Which is better for More Bruce I'd say.

Poster and Teaser! :thumbs:
The STARZ Original series “Ash vs Evil Dead” released a first look motion graphic and teaser art for the 10-episode first season of the half-hour series today. The teaser will premiere on-air during the “Outlander” premiere on Saturday, April 4 at 9 PM ET/PT. “Ash vs Evil Dead,” which will film in New Zealand, is the long-awaited follow-up to the classic horror film franchise The Evil Dead and is set to premiere on STARZ in late 2015.

teaser_poster.jpg

popcorn2.gif

Reactions: ocielz and Asopp
That looked AWESOME!!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
evil-dead-o.gif

OMG! That's awesome! I'm a big fan of the Evil Dead movies and I'm big fan of Starz! That's brilliant! Thanks @bloodsnake007

I was so nervous and reticent about this...but that looks so great! Totally in keeping with the tone of Evil Dead II!!
Maybe acknowledging Ash's age is gonna be a plus!!
Very funny!
Thanks @bloodsnake007!
x9gDqy1.gif
HELL YEAH this is gonna be awesome! :woot: :notworthy:

O.P updated with the official trailer :thumbs: