Ask Wreck: SteelBooks Questions

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
I dont know how long I will do this, or if people have questions ... but I'll check this thread daily in case people have questions about steelbooks etc. I'll try to answer to the best of my ability from what I am allowed to say in some cases or just info you may not have seen me drop before in past threads.

Last edited:
Everything these days is just what one is willing to pay ... the aftermarket fluctuates a lot. Supply and demand and waiting to find the right buyer when it comes to older titles. It would seem somewhat high tho

Reactions: Xenomorph
Reactions: Xenomorph
@dfoles I'm not allowed to say ... but you can use your imagination and realize it's pretty big. As a collector and a Star Wars fan they are must owns for me. Tho as advice to my fellow Ninjas ... get them during a sale! So basically if you feel comfortable with this entry price then go for it as they are beautiful steels. If not perhaps wait maybe they'll go on sale before Xmas?

@Wreck You need to put some more words into peoples' ears about spine slashes pretty please. Seeing more and more pop-up these days in the US

Honestly I feel like I might have tried enough .... they put stickers on a lot of the boxes now mentioning whether the lower end employee at these distrib replicators actually adhere to this is another thing.

The bigger issue is kinda like how ultimately the industry views UltraViolet as a failure. Because they say that ultimately its too much of a hassle (tho I thought it was easier) and not all studios supported it. The latter being the kicker. In the world of distribution logistics and replicators the studios dont all use the same Company. So it's not like trying to beat down this one message to one warehouse ... there are many all over the world handling this middle tier task.

This can also be why some studios are better than others in this regard to their releases .... actuality is it just means the middle man Company has better attention to detail, quality control etc. Or maybe the grumpy grandpa or IDGAF teenager wasn't working that week. :p

Maybe we Ninjas should provide these warehouses with a ton of these or some other plastic only tool hahaha

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TRS3LG6/?tag=hidefnin-20

season 3? as in the Jumbo? How could that not be seen before ? should make that a slim-line. Should ask blu-devil to post a spine for everyone to print. ;)

Reactions: luke98
@Ricker you dont ... but he and im sure others before have got them printed on nice premium paper before. if you take a hair dryer to the INSIDE of the case of your spine it melts the glue allowing for you to take off the spine (if you dont care about the spine breaking , just take off ... otherwise gotta use real thin like credit card, (more so like a free shopping store card) ... anyways anything you put on the spine then will go on fine cause the glue can simply be reused.

I did this with the DE Jurassic Park trilogy long ago. Looked great.

If a guy wasnt too picky he could really just buy some premium paper from Office store and print on his own and do this. Same can be done on inserting inside art if a person wants to go all out.

Reactions: Ricker
@Wreck Since we managed to get the Ultraviolet effect on Zombieland slipcase

what are the chances of getting that same effect on a steelbook?

That would be a day probably very far away (perhaps).... unless custom and hand done manually.

@dfoles I'm not allowed to say ... but you can use your imagination and realize it's pretty big. As a collector and a Star Wars fan they are must owns for me. Tho as advice to my fellow Ninjas ... get them during a sale! So basically if you feel comfortable with this entry price then go for it as they are beautiful steels. If not perhaps wait maybe they'll go on sale before Xmas?
I'm guessing, at the lowest possible end, if there are 16 countries each doing these releases and each country has a minimum print run of 2000, that the lowest possible run on these is 32,000.
But I'm guessing countries like Canada, USA, the UK, France, and Germany probably have higher print runs than that.

Yo Señor @Wreck! :woot: :cool: :notworthy:

Best Buy released a Pop Art Steelbook Exclusive for 'The Raid Redemption', any chances we'll we seeing one for Part 2?

THANKS for your time Amigo! :thumbs:

Hello Wreck, I hope you can help me with the following
I would like to know if The Hobbit , the battle of the five armies extended edition steelbook UK , both the 3D and 2D discs have dutch subs.
on amazon.co.uk they list that there are dutch subs on the discs, but I know that for The Hobbit: the desolation of Smaug extended edition steelbook Uk
the 2D discs had dutch subs, but the 3D discs did not have dutch subs

I have asked it twice in the The Hobbit the battle of the five armies extended edition steelbook , but so far no answer

@Wreck

Hey man. Do Scanavo (or someone else you know) sell the plastic disc holders that are inside steelbooks separately? I've got steels where I've added the 3D disc but wanna swap out the inserts so I can covert it from a 1 disc holder to a 2 disc etc.

Reactions: C.C. 95