Assault on Precinct 13 (1976) (40th Anniversary Blu-ray Edition) (Second Sight Films) [UK]

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Release date: November 28th , 2016
Purchase link: Amazon UK - Zavvi
Price: £19.99

14203146_819568701510898_1910691267492668263_n.jpg

ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13 40TH ANNIVERSARY LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY BOX SET released November 28th.
With newly commissioned artwork by Martin Ansin this strictly limited edition box will feature a host of extras, the soundtrack CD and 5 art cards.

EXTRAS:
  • Return to Precinct 13: A new interview with Actor Austin Stoker
  • Producing Precinct 13: A new interview with Executive Producer Joseph Kaufman
  • Filmmaking with John: A new interview with Art Director and Sound Effects Designer Lee Wallace
  • ‘Captain Voyeur’: John Carpenter student short
  • Do You Remember Laurie Zimmer
  • Interview with John Carpenter and Austin Stoker
  • The Sassy One with Nancy Loomis
  • Audio Commentary with John Carpenter
  • Audio Commentary with Tommy Lee Wallace
  • Trailer
  • Radio Spots
  • 5 Art Cards exclusive to box set
  • Bonus CD soundtrack disc exclusive to box set
  • English Subtitles for the Hard of Hearing
  • Feature presented in newly restored 1080p with DTS-HD Master Audio and Uncompressed PCM original mono audio options
  • The release will be available to pre-order from Amazon and other outlets within the next few days and will also be released on DVD. Region B/2.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's it...some artcards and the soundtrack

After the Hills have Eyes one I was really pumped for this, I thought they would have upped it with it being a much better film. I'll get it but they could have had some other goodies in it not just extras. Just been hyped up for so long I thought it would have came with something else. Even if it had that artwork in steelbook form or something

Oh well

Ordered from Amazon in the hope that it will come down some before release.
. . . and that music . . . :thumbs:

Certainly about time for a U.K. release - now where is PRINCE OF DARKNESS?

Steelbook would be nice but as this is a limited edition package with CD and Artcards I don't know if that's on the cards.
Of course Second Sight have given us some great steelbooks including RE-ANIMATOR, RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD, SCANNERS, TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE and the BASKET CASE trilogy and it would be great to have this one too.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: JackRegan
Zavvi Link added to OP
Price £19.99

Note
Zavvi sometimes miss the Cut of Date for second sight pre order releases As in Zavvi buyers somehow keep forgetting
Second Sight pre order stock orders to be guaranteed delivery for release date they have to be submitted before the cut off date second sight list

If a pre order stock order is sent after the cut off date the order gets cancelled and zavvi then have to wait until after release date to re submit the stock order problem with this is amount of stock available might not be enough to cover customers pre orders

I have had a few pre orders of second sight releases with zavvi take a few weeks to be shipped after release date and some orders was not processed at all and I ended up having to order from Amazon UK instead

Some of you might already noticed a lot of second sight releases don't come back available to order after release date on zavvi as in the listings gets removed on Zavvi website so don't be surprised if that happens again
Sometimes it's ok as in Zavvi don't miss the cut off date or second sight still have enough stock left to supply after release date

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
Hopefully the Amazon price drops before release!:)
Hopefully Amazon UK price will drop to £19.99
Be wary of Second Sight pre order releases with Zavvi I don't bother any more pre ordering with Zavvi any second sight releases
I use Amazon UK to make sure I get a copy of a release

I won't be surprised on release date the Zavvi listing gets listed as sold out and a week or 2 later vanishes completely from zavvi website

The only good thing with Zavvi is they take payment and dispacth before amazon do so if they got the order in time with second sight you will then have time to cancel amazon order before that order has payment taken

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: taher and Sigill
Ordered from Amazon in the hope that it will come down some before release.
. . . and that music . . . :thumbs:

Certainly about time for a U.K. release - now where is PRINCE OF DARKNESS?

Steelbook would be nice but as this is a limited edition package with CD and Artcards I don't know if that's on the cards.
Of course Second Sight have given us some great steelbooks including RE-ANIMATOR, RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD, SCANNERS, TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE and the BASKET CASE trilogy and it would be great to have this one too.

Yes Prince of Darkness next - please, please, please . . . . .

Ordered this (from Amazon; price will drop) :) - much underrated film :(

How "limited" is this? Antbody know the print run? Also, at the moment Zavvi pre-orded price is £19.99 but this edition is a digipak, so Zavvi will more-than-likely post this in a jiffy envelope..........and we know what happens to digipaks in jiffy envelopes, right? How would Amazon ship this?