Assault on Precinct 13 (1976) (40th Anniversary Blu-ray Edition) (Second Sight Films) [UK]

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Release date: November 28th , 2016
Purchase link: Amazon UK - Zavvi
Price: £19.99

14203146_819568701510898_1910691267492668263_n.jpg

ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13 40TH ANNIVERSARY LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY BOX SET released November 28th.
With newly commissioned artwork by Martin Ansin this strictly limited edition box will feature a host of extras, the soundtrack CD and 5 art cards.

EXTRAS:
  • Return to Precinct 13: A new interview with Actor Austin Stoker
  • Producing Precinct 13: A new interview with Executive Producer Joseph Kaufman
  • Filmmaking with John: A new interview with Art Director and Sound Effects Designer Lee Wallace
  • ‘Captain Voyeur’: John Carpenter student short
  • Do You Remember Laurie Zimmer
  • Interview with John Carpenter and Austin Stoker
  • The Sassy One with Nancy Loomis
  • Audio Commentary with John Carpenter
  • Audio Commentary with Tommy Lee Wallace
  • Trailer
  • Radio Spots
  • 5 Art Cards exclusive to box set
  • Bonus CD soundtrack disc exclusive to box set
  • English Subtitles for the Hard of Hearing
  • Feature presented in newly restored 1080p with DTS-HD Master Audio and Uncompressed PCM original mono audio options
  • The release will be available to pre-order from Amazon and other outlets within the next few days and will also be released on DVD. Region B/2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Down to £19.99 on Amazon now - but postga is £1.99 i think. How do Anazon post digipaks, anybody? Also, i called up Fopp the other day - their price of £25 isn't changing apparently, it's staying at £25 according to the guy i spoke to.

.........just spoke to Fopp in central London and at the moment these are £20. Saves the hassle of not knowing whether the digipak will be smashed to bits in the post,

Zavvi despatched
Price with discount code was lot cheaper than amazon

Hopefully I will have delivery on Monday and it arrives without damage

image.jpeg

Just picked my copy up from the Amazon locker, nice set, sturdy outer slipbox similar to the hellraiser or star wars saga box sets with a typical standard digipack inside. Printed ratings logos on the box and info on the back, no j card. Delivered in a standard Amazon card envelope but arrived unscathed.

Received mine today from Zavvi... in a small padded envelope. :angry:

There's no major damage, apart from two small indents down one edge that I may be able to press out, and it also looks like someone/something may have pushed down on it causing the spine of the digipack to crease slightly. Also, the soundtrack disc has a few scratches running through the artwork side... thankfully I can't spot any marks on the other side though, but I'll give it a spin in a bit just to make sure!

Hopefully everyone else's arrives ok! Think this will be the first and last time I order anything like this from Zavvi... I'd rather pay a few extra quid knowing I'll receive a mint copy from Amazon, and also receive better customer service (unlike Zavvi) if anything should go wrong.

Hopefully everyone else's arrives ok! Think this will be the first and last time I order anything like this from Zavvi... I'd rather pay a few extra quid knowing I'll receive a mint copy from Amazon, and also receive better customer service (unlike Zavvi) if anything should go wrong.
Sorry to hear that bud. Now I feel better missing out on zavvi's sale on The X Files compete season set.
Zavvi now have this at a pretty good price at £59.99.
Dang it! Amazon UK just dispatched my order.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Sorry to hear that bud. Now I feel better missing out on zavvi's sale on The X Files compete season set.
I've actually ordered quite a few bigger box sets from them before, which they pack reasonably well... in a fair sized box with those air pack things to stop it from sliding around.

This had no protection whatsoever though, so there's no wonder mine has some slight damage. What annoys me most though is that there's even signs of damage inside my copy... firstly the disc scratches, and now I've just noticed that the compartment which holds the cards is torn a bit down one side, so it was obviously done whilst being manufactured.

I'd probably send it back if I could be bothered to deal with Zavvi's crap CS team, but everything looks peachy when it's just sat on the shelf, so I'll live with it.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: PunkNinja
Received mine today from Zavvi... in a small padded envelope. :angry:

There's no major damage, apart from two small indents down one edge that I may be able to press out, and it also looks like someone/something may have pushed down on it causing the spine of the digipack to crease slightly. Also, the soundtrack disc has a few scratches running through the artwork side... thankfully I can't spot any marks on the other side though, but I'll give it a spin in a bit just to make sure!

I got mine also it also has 2 small indents on the edge I would say it's not to do with the packaging but the manufacture of the slipcase

Amazon not the best now when it comes to delivery in Rep of Ireland there is huge amount of complaints on a daily basis now as they are using carrier Asendia and lot of orders not arriving at all as in lost in the post or arrive extremely late and with bad damage
Free Shipping with amazon UK to Ireland is high risk option at the moment unless they dump the carrier asendia they also removed the complaints on Amazon UK Help Community there was that many of them they have deleted all mention of complaints about Asendia

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill and Noodles
I got mine also it also has 2 small indents on the edge I would say it's not to do with the packaging but the manufacture of the slipcase

Amazon not the best now when it comes to delivery in Rep of Ireland there is huge amount of complaints on a daily basis now as they are using carrier Asendia and lot of orders not arriving at all as in lost in the post or arrive extremely late and with bad damage
Free Shipping with amazon UK to Ireland is high risk option at the moment unless they dump the carrier asendia they also removed the complaints on Amazon UK Help Community there was that many of them they have deleted all mention of complaints about Asendia
Oh? You must be right then Paul if both our copies have the same thing... how disappointing. (n)

Reactions: paulboland
I just got mine from Amazon. It was packaged in a card mailer but appears to have arrived safely. I have just checked it now and there are 2 small dings on the edge. Is it the same as those in bobthesubs pics, it looks like a manufacturing issue @Noodles, @paulboland.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
I just got mine from Amazon. It was packaged in a card mailer but appears to have arrived safely. I have just checked it now and there are 2 small dings on the edge. Is it the same as those in bobthesubs pics, it looks like a manufacturing issue @Noodles, @paulboland.
Yes same dings on the edge
Looks more like a manufacture issue than something caused by packaging and postal service
Be hard to notice the dings when kept sealed
They not that big of an issue with me to be honest

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
Glad to hear yours arrived safe and sound mate. :)

Yep, mine are exactly the same as in @Bobthesub's photo... very odd and disappointing that multiple copies have the issue!

• Thanks
Yes same dings on the edge
Looks more like a manufacture issue than something caused by packaging and postal service
Be hard to notice the dings when kept sealed
They not that big of an issue with me to be honest

Yeah it's dissapointing but they aren't massive. I didn't notice them at first so they can't be too bad! Lol.

Glad to hear yours arrived safe and sound mate. :)

Yep, mine are exactly the same as in @Bobthesub's photo... very odd and disappointing that multiple copies have the issue!
Thanks mate! Yep it looks like they all have these marks. I'm guessing they will all may have the same issues with the scratched disc aswell. It's a shame but it is a nice edition apart from these few issues!:)

• Thanks
I noticed the 2 dings on the edge of the slipbox last night, I didn't notice them when it was wrapped, I unwrapped it, took the photo and put it on the 'to watch' pile I was too busy looking for bashed corners than any damage to the edge, if other copies have the same issue it looks like it's a manufacturing/packing prior to dispatch problem than a retailer issue.

• Thanks