UK
Release date: December 4, 2017
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £17.99

02-3949.jpg

03-3949.jpg
01-3949.jpg

Last edited:
It isn't terrible but some of the faces look really good and others don't. It also seems a bit lob sided with everything on the right. It would have looked better with different positioning of the charcaters.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and harry
Finish : glossy, with metallic reflection in colored parts. It said for french edition, but it seem to be international release. Source : steelbookpro.fr

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo
I like illustrated Steelbooks, but I don't like this at all. It looks like a bad Photoshop Filter, especially on the girl in the bottom corner.
Yuck.
I liked the art originally, but after seeing it close up I've now gone off it for the same reason as you... I'm not a fan the Photoshop filter they've applied over the top.

• Thanks
Reactions: Darth toffeeman
Official Illustrated Art posters for the film certainly out there . . . although the green 'n' black used on the steelbook appears to be a new design specifically for the steelbook . . . and anyway always liked mint choc chip ice-cream.

Which of the Illustrated Art designs is better - official or unofficial? Who's to say . . .
upload_2017-10-30_12-27-55.png
upload_2017-10-30_12-29-39.png
upload_2017-10-30_12-39-28.png

As with all of these Illustrated Art steelbooks they all look better in the flesh than on paper and when the mock-up for the US WONDER WOMAN steelbook appeared I seem to remember people were not best pleased . . . but when the steelbook was actually released people warmed to it - no doubt helped by the glossy finish.
I expect the same will happen here.

I would love to know which exec looked at all the possible artworks available and looked at this one and went “Yes, that is awesome”.

With all these bizarre to terrible choices we have been seeing for the past year or so I truly believe that all Marketing people are complete and utter asshats!

Yeah, poor choice on artwork especially when there's a lot better out there. Seems the Studio went with cheap and produce zillions...Not the best way for us collectors

I would love to know which exec looked at all the possible artworks available and looked at this one and went “Yes, that is awesome”.

With all these bizarre to terrible choices we have been seeing for the past year or so I truly believe that all Marketing people are complete and utter asshats!

no question they ask always without fail which is the cheapest to produce.
and get a gradute art student to do it at the studio and then pat themselves all on the back as job well done and on to the next pile of rubbish.

problem is this rubbish still sells out eventually so therefore they see no problem.

its a real shame @zesty and @Noodles don't work in the studio steel art think that put some cats among the piegons and show grads right up a treat:naughty::D

basil :thumbs:

The problem for releases like this is that I'm forced into either buying a premium version with decent exclusive art (at extra cost and probably a lengthy wait) or to simply forget about the steelbook altogether.

To be honest I really don't see why I should have to pay £45 apiece just because studios can't be bothered to put time and effort into their WWA releases any more. This is one of the main reasons why my steelbook purchases have slowed to a trickle this year.

• Thanks
Reactions: zesty