Feb 28, 2011
UK
Released: 27th July, 2016
Purchase: HMV
Price: £22.99
HDN Group Buy Hosted By: Naughtius Maximus

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, we just don't seem to get Anime series in steelbooks here although we get pretty much everything else . . . including live action TV series and wrestling.
Just trying to remember Anime steelbooks and can only think of films (such as AKIRA, GHOST IN THE SHELL, NINJA SCROLL. 6 from Studio Ghibli, HARLOCK SPACE PIRATE, RUROUNI 1-3 and BAYONETTA).

Agreed . . . but then you'd loose the wonderful front artwork on Part 2 unless they used it for back art on a 2 disc steelbook combo release.

Anyway, a big WOW to the front artwork on both parts - impressive or what :thumbs::thumbs:

. . . but GBP 22.99 for each is almost as shocking to me as it is for 10 CLOVERFIELD LANE . . .

According to Scanavo:-
"Release Date
27 Jun 2016
  • Locations
    United Kingdom
  • Formats
    Blu-Ray
  • Genres
    Movies + TV
  • Finishes
    ZERO
  • Publisher
    Manga Entertainment"

Wow :thumbs:
That's one good-looking steelbook but the price of this and Part 2 will just HAVE to be adjusted to something a bit more equitable - even to THE MERMAID price which would almost do the trick for me.
N.B. Not Matte

According to Scanavo we can expect a ZERO finish which will looks so much better than a plain matte finish in this case:-
"Specs
  • Release Date
    27 Jun 2016
  • Locations
    United Kingdom
  • Formats
    Blu-Ray
  • Genres
    Movies + TV
  • Finishes
    Zero
  • Publisher
    Manga Entertainment"
Check out the professional clip on Scanavo's website and have a butcher's.

That's one good-looking steelbook but the price of this and Part 2 will just HAVE to be adjusted to something a bit more equitable - even to THE MERMAID price which would almost do the trick for me.
N.B. Not Matte

According to Scanavo we can expect a ZERO finish which will looks so much better than a plain matte finish in this case:-
"Specs
  • Release Date
    27 Jun 2016
  • Locations
    United Kingdom
  • Formats
    Blu-Ray
  • Genres
    Movies + TV
  • Finishes
    Zero
  • Publisher
    Manga Entertainment"

Matte finish is dissapointing it wouldn't hurt them for some gloss :(
Yes also price needs to heavily reduce, say at most £12.99 each maybe

N.B. Not Matte

"Specs
  • Release Date
    27 Jun 2016
  • Locations
    United Kingdom
  • Formats
    Blu-Ray
  • Genres
    Movies + TV
  • Finishes
    Zero
  • Publisher
    Manga Entertainment"

I've got much more better thicker matte steels then zero finsh steels in my collection. Only a handful of them looks okayish.
Zero finsh make its looks washed out most the time. Same as awful metalic finishes

Most arrow matte steels are better than any zero finish steel

Big fan of matte steelbooks as I've mentioned countless times before and to repeat "IN THIS CASE" - and with this artwork - a Zero finish is the way to go . . . indubitably.
Gloss is less satisfactory on "busy" or fine detailed steelbooks - as in this case - because some of said fine detail can be "lost".

Last edited:
Speak of the Devil . . . now in a "2 for 25 quid" promotion only about 10 days after release.
Now, same for Part 2, please, and I'll be in there in a Flash.

That's odd I posted earlier with a link to the steelbook on hmv reduced but the post is gone?