Feb 28, 2011
UK
Released: 27th July, 2016
Purchase: HMV
Price: £22.99
HDN Group Buy Hosted By: Naughtius Maximus

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Easy pass. This is a really poor adapation filled with some awful acting.

I saw this at an film fest last year, full of fans of the anime. the audience were openly mocking & laughing at it as it was so bad.

• Informative
Reactions: K.i.T
I'm not a big anime fan and haven't watched much since being a teenager (except for Ghibli) but watched this with my daughter who's into it and really enjoyed it. Would be interested in this but nearly £50 for the set is a no go for me.

Reactions: Flloydo and harry
Mixed feelings. Loved the anime, not-so-loved the movie (not seen Pt2 yet).
Maybe after the price drop, if not sold out.

Mixed feelings. Loved the anime, not-so-loved the movie (not seen Pt2 yet).
Maybe after the price drop, if not sold out.

I'm an anime fan, but I havent watched the anime or the movie yet, but the steelbook looks awesome.
Please don't even waste your time. I wish I can un-see these movies.
Poor adaptation, and even worse as standalone films.

@TheCollector86 I strongly recommend watching the anime. One of the best in recent years :thumbs:

Interesting choice, not seen the film and although it don't look the best I'd still give them a go

But the price puts me off both so I'll wait for drops. Bound to happen

• Informative
Reactions: K.i.T
The original Manga is great, the Anime is great, but this live action adaptaion is just horrible. I`m a Fan of Attack on Titan but this is really bad trash :wtf: I`m happy that I know the movies already so it is very easy not to buy these Steelbooks, because it would be a real waste of money.

I know nothing about the anime series, but I thought the trailer for this looked epic. Is it because it doesn't stay faithful to the anime that people don't like this, or is it simply a bad film anyway?

I was expecting a cross between Pacific Rim and Final Fantasy, but perhaps I'm way off. As I say I know nothing about this series.

Reactions: Ricker
I know nothing about the anime series, but I thought the trailer for this looked epic. Is it because it doesn't stay faithful to the anime that people don't like this, or is it simply a bad film anyway?

I was expecting a cross between Pacific Rim and Final Fantasy, but perhaps I'm way off. As I say I know nothing about this series.
Waaay off :LOL:

Give the anime a watch. It's epic. If you're not hooked by the end of episode 5, then it's not your cup of tea.