Audition (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

May 30, 2014
Release date: 29th February 2016
Purchase links:
Arrow Films (Sold Out OOP)
Amazon UK
Zavvi
HMV
Price: £14.99 (Zavvi) - £15.99 (Arrow) - £19.99 (Amazon) £14.99 (HMV)

image.png

SteelBook (2 discs)
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS:
•Limited Edition Steelbook
•Brand new 2K restoration of original vault elements presented in High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD
•Original 5.1 audio (DTS-HD Master Audio on the Blu-ray)
•Optional English subtitles
•Audio commentary with director Takashi Miike and screenwriter Daisuke Tengan
•Brand new commentary by Miike biographer Tom Mes examining the film and its source novel
•Introduction by Miike
•Ties that Bind – A brand new interview with Takashi Miike
•Interviews with stars Ryo Ishibashi, Eihi Shiina, Renji Ishibashi and Ren Osugi
•Trailers
•Gallery including behind-the-scenes images
•Booklet featuring new writing on the film
•More to be announced!

RRP: £19.99 £15.99
Region: 2/B
Rating: 18
Cat No: FCD1208
Duration: 115 mins
Language: Japanese
Subtitles: English
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
Audio: 5.1
Discs: 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Just hope Ichi the killer and visitor q come next ...:drool:

Visitor Q perhaps, Ichi... Not likely (in the UK at least). Arrow are unlikely to release cut films and the bbfc still has a massive issue with sexualised violence, which Ichi obviously has an abundance of. Wondering if it will turn up in the US only release tomorrow...

Reactions: aLLu
When I do buy an Arrow release, it's nearly always just for the disc content, which is always fantastic. I wish so badly that their artwork was of the same caliber. Or even in the same ballpark.

Keep in mind the booklet will only be available in the steelbook for this release - if you like your Arrow booklets.

Think i passed my J-horror phase to be honest

a solid release of a superbly filmed movie but it didn't have any rewatch factor for me

Visitor Q perhaps, Ichi... Not likely (in the UK at least). Arrow are unlikely to release cut films and the bbfc still has a massive issue with sexualised violence, which Ichi obviously has an abundance of. Wondering if it will turn up in the US only release tomorrow...

Visitor Q does have a lot of sexualised content, perhaps even worse than ichi, although it isnt as visual as the second one. :) i´ll keep fingers crossed , that someone releases those 2, wether uk or not

From Arrow Video Facebook
Signing off on AUDITION SteelBook proofs today! Shiny... don't forget to pre-order yours! The SteelBook is limited to 4000 copies for those who have been asking!

View attachment 199811
Looks like it will be a matte finish then with possible spot gloss on title or just metallic effect. Still not sure on this artwork yet.

Looks like it will be a matte finish then with possible spot gloss on title or just metallic effect. Still not sure on this artwork yet.
Hard to say for sure they have used spot gloss on Blood and Black lace and the Voices was a gloss finish but not high gloss

The image posted is the artwork proof for scanavo to use so it won't show the finish if it's gloss or matte at this stage
They do quote Shiny in the message so we will just have to wait until actual images of the steelbook to know if the steelbook finish is a matte or spot gloss or full gloss finish

Print run of 4,000 I can't see this selling out quickly in my opinion but will keep an eye out for any updates on stock % sold to know better

Reactions: Sigill