Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

bigfub

Dreaming Dredd Ninja
Premium Supporter
Sep 13, 2012
Warwick, UK
Release date: 22nd of June, 2015
Purchase links:
Zavvi
Amazon UK (Releases 5th of October, 2015)
Price: £14.99 (Zavvi) - £22.36 (Amazon)
Notes: Limited to 2000 Units - Debossed on Front Cover - Includes an Exclusive Poster & Art Cards

PACKAGE.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine today, steelbook looks pretty decent but just put the disc in and yes it doesn't look pretty that's for sure, the weird frame skip is very noticeable.

Thanks for the pics. I'm glad they fixed the "20th anniversary" blunder. Overall this looks nice, I don't think Wolf Films have released a Steelbook before, so definitely a good first effort.

"Austin Powers" didn't need to be written everywhere though. ;)

Received mine today too, liking the Steelbook and watching it now :)

Got mine today, steelbook looks pretty decent but just put the disc in and yes it doesn't look pretty that's for sure, the weird frame skip is very noticeable.
Picture quality looks a little better than an upscaled DVD, but I'm certainly not having any frame skip.

The Steel looks decent, the debossing is nice and the extras are a nice touch. Is this a new transfer from the original Blu-ray or is it the same as the EIV old one?

Reactions: digitalbabe
Received mine today too, liking the Steelbook and watching it now :)

Picture quality looks a little better than an upscaled DVD, but I'm certainly not having any frame skip.
The frame skip is there definitely. Its a low bit rate. I have contacted Three Wolves and they are looking into it, and House on Haunted Hill

Chances are not as its reported by other people..but hey
Have you considered that all of them might be using the same bluray player? etc.

Just because you have an issue doesn't mean it's there in every case. 0 frameskip on my Dell U2414H monitor. Uploading a video of it playing back now to prove it.

Have you considered that all of them might be using the same bluray player? etc.

Just because you have an issue doesn't mean it's there in every case. 0 frameskip on my Dell U2414H monitor.
Sorry forgot to mention that I tried it in my PS4 and also my samsung 3d blu ray player and the same hooked up to 2 different TV's Sony and Samsung...same in both skipping...they also did it with House On Haunted Hill...hence them investigating it.

Sorry forgot to mention that I tried it in my PS4 and also my samsung 3d blu ray player and the same hooked up to 2 different TV's Sony and Samsung...same in both skipping...they also did it with House On Haunted Hill...hence them investigating it.
Weird, here's a quick video (I took using my phone) of my screen to show I don't have the issue:

(Watch directly on Youtube in 1080p for best quality.)

Reactions: luke98
Thanks for the video, but I want to see pics of the steelbook
The light is pretty poor here this evening, so please excuse the dark photos.
At the top the text "Austin Powers" (and the outline of him) are debossed. At the bottom "Top Secret" is debossed too. Other than that, a Matte finish.
The art card (the two bottom pictures) is double sided, with the left & right bottom pics showing the back/front of it.

High-res pics (3264x2248) available here (along with a few more not shown), but here's an overview of a bunch of them combined:
Overview.png

Last edited: