Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: December 11, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (pre-order Saturday, November 11 @ around 6PM GMT)
Price: £15.99

11526672-7004510730274666.jpg

11526672-1794510730401926.jpg

Last edited:
Unlike most on here . . . I kind of like #1and find it very smart . . . good value + goodies, discreet spot-gloss and triple de-bossed treatment to boot . . . but maybe not groovy/funky/psychedelic enough on the front compared to this new one for example:-

Anyway, another and closer look at the unloved INTERNATIONAL MAN OF MYSTERY that people like to slag off:-
Austin-Powers-International-Man-of-Mystery-Zavvi-Exclusive-Limited-Edition-Steelbook-Blu-ray-6.jpg
Austin-Powers-International-Man-of-Mystery-Zavvi-Exclusive-Limited-Edition-Steelbook-Blu-ray-4.jpg
Austin-Powers-International-Man-of-Mystery-Zavvi-Exclusive-Limited-Edition-Steelbook-Blu-ray-5.jpg
Austin-Powers-International-Man-of-Mystery-Zavvi-Exclusive-Limited-Edition-Steelbook-Blu-ray-11.jpg
Austin-Powers-International-Man-of-Mystery-Zavvi-Exclusive-Limited-Edition-Steelbook-Blu-ray-12.jpg
Austin-Powers-International-Man-of-Mystery-Zavvi-Exclusive-Limited-Edition-Steelbook-Blu-ray-1.jpg

Austin-Powers-International-Man-of-Mystery-Zavvi-Exclusive-Limited-Edition-Steelbook-Blu-ray-13.jpg

Austin-Powers-International-Man-of-Mystery-Zavvi-Exclusive-Limited-Edition-Steelbook-Blu-ray-14.jpg
upload_2017-10-19_17-8-31.png

Austin-Powers-International-Man-of-Mystery-Zavvi-Exclusive-Limited-Edition-Steelbook-Blu-ray-16.jpg
Austin-Powers-International-Man-of-Mystery-Zavvi-Exclusive-Limited-Edition-Steelbook-Blu-ray-3.jpg

Austin-Powers-International-Man-of-Mystery-Zavvi-Exclusive-Limited-Edition-Steelbook-Blu-ray-19.jpg
Austin-Powers-International-Man-of-Mystery-Zavvi-Exclusive-Limited-Edition-Steelbook-Blu-ray-18.jpg

Reactions: poldergal
Unlike most on here . . . I kind of like #1and find it very smart . . . good value + goodies, discreet spot-gloss and triple de-bossed treatment to boot . . . but maybe not groovy/funky/psychedelic enough on the front compared to this new one for example:-

Anyway, another and closer look at the unloved INTERNATIONAL MAN OF MYSTERY that people like to slag off:-

Only problem is mate is that is the ‘Three Wolves’ studio release, it has been known to be a horrible transfer full of judder.

The previous release from Optimum is not without its flaws but a better transfer than the later release.

Both Versions are uncut though unlike the USA bluray releases for this movie.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: virkia
This is much better art than the first one

I wanted the first but hated the art. Might get this and hope for a better re release for the first film

Love the art, but will not be buying unless they release a new version of the first film with a matching style, my OCD can't handle terrible art like the first one next to a great one like this.

upload_2017-10-19_22-55-15.png

Yes, even though the above image for the steelbook is nicked from Exit Plan Escape Adventure Room concept advertising - where participants are given an hour to find clues, solve puzzles, decipher codes and work as a team to complete a variety of tasks in order to find a way out of the room - I find it to be an interesting choice of artwork, a one-off even, and one of the most original in my collection

As for the fact it looks nothing like #1 . . . so what.
#1 Judged on its own merits - de-bossing etc. - anyone can see it's a thoroughly original and a perfectly decent steelbook as well as being as far away from the usual Pop Art/Illustrated Art/floating heads etc. artwork steelbook as it's possible to be.
. . . and anyway who's not fascinated by the grandeur, mystery and beauty of safes with their intricate locking systems and doors that can weigh 6 tons or more . . . equivalent weight of a full-grown African elephant.
DM6c6K3U8AA3XiG.jpg:large

Last edited:
even though the above image for the steelbook is nicked from Exit Plan Escape Adventure Room concept advertising
It's not nicked from Exit Plan advertising, it's a widely-used generic stock image.

#1 Judged on its own merits - de-bossing etc. - anyone can see it's a thoroughly original and a perfectly decent steelbook
Okay, at this point I'm pretty much convinced that you're trolling.

. . . and anyway who's not fascinated by the grandeur, mystery and beauty of safes with their intricate locking systems and doors that can weigh 6 tons or more . . . equivalent weight of a full-grown African elephant.
I'm sure safe- and elephant-trivia-enthusiasts are very excited about the Steelbook.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: tanokike
virkia said:
#1 Judged on its own merits - de-bossing etc. - anyone can see it's a thoroughly original and a perfectly decent steelbook

Okay, at this point I'm pretty much convinced that you're trolling.

haters-mickey.gif

Let me just understand this - if one likes a steelbook and others don't one is "trolling"? Words fail me.
giphy.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: thewoe and spookz
Unlike most on here . . . I kind of like #1and find it very smart . . .

What the actual hell are you talking about?! What is smart about a fricking vault door that has absolutely nothing to do with any of the Austin Powers films??? What specifically is clever about it?

Sorry, but when people praise utter crap that took about 30 seconds to throw together in Photoshop it really winds me up.

What the actual hell are you talking about?! What is smart about a fricking vault door that has absolutely nothing to do with any of the Austin Powers films??? What specifically is clever about it?

Sorry, but when people praise utter crap that took about 30 seconds to throw together in Photoshop it really winds me up.

Maybe difficult to understand but what I'm saying is that the actual steelbookis nicely executed with the de-bossing and the spot-gloss selectively applied to various parts of the safe.
Well priced too with extra "goodies" that are not usually supplied with regular steelbooks.
Different to normal steelbook art . . . maybe not to the extent of the two-tone FURY ROAD: BLACK AND CHROME . . . but different and original enough to make it an interesting purchase nonetheless.
As for the safe and what relation it bears to this or any other Austin Powers film I have no idea as have not checked out the films yet (too many films . . . not enough time LOL).

You hate it . . . I like it.
Maybe best to agree to disagree on this example of steelbook art . . .:)

• Thanks
Reactions: poldergal