Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: December 11, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (pre-order Saturday, November 11 @ around 6PM GMT)
Price: £15.99

11526672-7004510730274666.jpg

11526672-1794510730401926.jpg

Last edited:
Looks pretty good. Now why oh why didn't they just release all 3 films around the same time with the same style. I'd love to get this but there's no guarantee they'll do the other two.
Different film distributors is why
Steelbook already done for Austin Powers International Man of Mystery

Steelbooks releases are decided by the film distributors and also the artwork design not Zavvi

UK
Austin Powers International Man of Mystery distribution is with Three Wolves Ltd
Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me distribution is with Warner (Was previously EIV)
Austin Powers: Goldmember distribution is with EVI but it's possible it might return to Warner

Different film distributors is why
Steelbook already done for Austin Powers International Man of Mystery

Yeah and it was crap. See this is what I mean, who wants steelbooks from different studios that all look completely different? There's no really no point in even releasing this if you ask me.

Steelbooks releases are decided by the film distributors and also the artwork design not Zavvi

Jeez, at least wait until someone actually mentions Zavvi before you leap in with your standard copy & paste defence on their behalf :rolleyes:

Looks really good in this unboxing with its glossy title and other strategically placed glossy bits . . . metallic reflections can also be seen in this excellent German-language unboxing.

A perfect example of a steelbook with a raised title that does away with the friggin' framing border :thumbs: . . . which so happens to be the main downer for me on the recent otherwise lovely LOST IN TRANSLATION steelbook with its unnecessary framing border cutting down through Scarlett's face.
I say leave framing borders for embossed artwork only . . .

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: robbodoc
Looks really good in this unboxing with its glossy title and other strategically placed glossy bits . . . metallic reflections can also be seen in this excellent German-language unboxing.

A perfect example of a steelbook with a raised title that does away with the friggin' framing border :thumbs: . . . which so happens to be the main downer for me on the recent otherwise lovely LOST IN TRANSLATION steelbook with its unnecessary framing border cutting down through Scarlett's face.
I say leave framing borders for embossed artwork only . . .

There is no raised title.
Steel is FLAT as a pancake
Please don't spread misinformation.

I'm glad steelbooks don't have raised title without the border. I don't want my embossing to scratch another steelbook or get crush being place on the shelf with other steelbooks

• Thanks
Reactions: StifflersDad
There is no raised title.
Steel is FLAT as a pancake
Please don't spread misinformation.

Oh, OK, very good, thank you for that.
Looks raised and should have been raised . . . like these below . . .

I'm glad steelbooks don't have raised title without the border. I don't want my embossing to scratch another steelbook or get crush being place on the shelf with other steelbooks

FYI some do . . . and not just but also raised artwork.
Just a few examples of the art of creative embossing without the use of a framing border:-
GHOULIES 1 & 2-------------------------------------------------------- THREE AMIGOS ------------------------------------------------------------- GANG RELATED
upload_2017-12-15_21-47-49.png
upload_2017-12-15_21-38-38.png
upload_2017-12-15_22-23-1.png
upload_2017-12-15_21-40-25.png
upload_2017-12-15_21-52-49.png

Last edited: