splax23

Premium Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
The D
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Avatar 2

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: James Cameron

Cast: Kate Winslet, Zoe Saldana, Sam Worthington, Sigourney Weaver, Oona Chaplin, Stephen Lang, Cliff Curtis, Giovanni Ribisi, CCH Pounder, Joel David Moore, Matt Gerald, Trinity Bliss, Britain Dalton, Jamie Flatters, Jack Champion, Filip Geljo, Duane Evans Jr., Bailey Bass, Chloe Coleman, Jemaine Clement

Release: 2021-12-15

Plot: A sequel to Avatar (2009).

Saw this today. The story is a little clunky and could have been slimmed down to a tighter more compelling story. The effects and visuals were amazing. In recent years we have gotten a lot of meh CGI clearly shot on a green screen on a sound stage (looking at you Marvel), so much that it can even take you out of the film. It’s a nice change of pace to see really cutting edge effects work again.

So the reviews I've read or heard are pretty much saying the same thing, bad screenplay and horrible dialogs, but very beautiful.
Taking it as 'pretty stupid'.

• Haha
Reactions: Billy Talent
Was expecting a bit more of this movie I have to say. After an hour I honestly wanted to leave, maybe because of the film, maybe because of the c**ksuckers behind us talking for 3 hours straight. Will probably watch it again when it comes out on disney+, maybe it'll grow on me.

• Haha
Reactions: Billy Talent
Did my second viewing tonight.
First time was IMAX 3D. But this time I did UltraAVX 3D & HFR.

Still loved it... But I gotta say... HFR SUCKS. I'm sorry but no movie should ever be released in HFR ever again. It's horrible.
In High Frame Rate the movie now looks like a video game cut scene. Please, if you haven't seen it yet, avoid any HFR screenings. its WAY better in regular 24fps.

Funny thing is, half the people who I was with tonight didn't notice. They had no idea what I was talking about. haha
But they are also the same people that don't notice the motion smoothness on their TVs at home.

Has anyone else watched this in HFR? thoughts? ...am I the only one with this frustration for it?

Reactions: 3Maters
Was expecting a bit more of this movie I have to say. After an hour I honestly wanted to leave, maybe because of the film, maybe because of the c**ksuckers behind us talking for 3 hours straight. Will probably watch it again when it comes out on disney+, maybe it'll grow on me.
Surprised you didn't say anything to the people behind you.

Seen it twice already, enjoyed the hell out of it. Bring on the bluray :thumbs:

Attachments

• 20221217_225716.jpg
    20221217_225716.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
  • 20230106_182102.jpg
    20230106_182102.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 30