splax23

Premium Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
The D
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Avatar 2

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: James Cameron

Cast: Kate Winslet, Zoe Saldana, Sam Worthington, Sigourney Weaver, Oona Chaplin, Stephen Lang, Cliff Curtis, Giovanni Ribisi, CCH Pounder, Joel David Moore, Matt Gerald, Trinity Bliss, Britain Dalton, Jamie Flatters, Jack Champion, Filip Geljo, Duane Evans Jr., Bailey Bass, Chloe Coleman, Jemaine Clement

Release: 2021-12-15

Plot: A sequel to Avatar (2009).

What are the chances of FIVE of these actually getting made? They should have just done a sequel first to see if people are still interested.
I have a feeling the interest in Avatar has died down a fair bit.

Such a shame that Cameron has wasted so much time on these unnecessary sequels when he could have been focusing on making better/original ideas... the first Avatar was more than enough for me and I've no interest in revisiting that world. He used to be one of my favourite directors, but I feel his talent is being wasted here.
I absolutely love the 1st Avatar :drool: And I was extremely excited for the 2nd... but now, not so much :meh: I know I'll be at theater when it's eventually released. I just think parts 4 and 5 are overkill :stop: A trilogy would've been perfect. Tell Jakes and Neytiris story, then maybe in another 10 years revisit Pandora and tell a new story possibly about their children (4 and 5), I dont know... :confused: Sorry, I got a bit carried away with my brainstorming :p

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I absolutely love the 1st Avatar :drool: And I was extremely excited for the 2nd... but now, not so much :meh: I know I'll be at theater when it's eventually released. I just think parts 4 and 5 are overkill :stop: A trilogy would've been perfect. Tell Jakes and Neytiris story, then maybe in another 10 years revisit Pandora and tell a new story possibly about their children (4 and 5), I dont know... :confused: Sorry, I got a bit carried away with my brainstorming :p
I enjoyed the first one back when it was first released and agree that a trilogy maybe would've been a good idea at the time, but I reckon many folks will have lost interest in it now (myself included)... or at least that's the impression I get from people I follow on social media anyway. Cameron has become a bit of a joke now though if you ask me... his recent comments on the state of the Alien movies is laughable when you consider what's happened with Terminator - Prometheus itself beats the last three Terminator films hands down IMO, and Proms wasn't even that great either to be fair. Still, I'll happily eat my words if they deliver something amazing with the Avatar sequels, but I 110% agree with you dude... five movies is definitely overkill! :smashed:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
@elle82 @AlienKing @Drum18 It's about fu**ing time! :mad: :banghead:

Avatar Sequels Begin Motion Capture in August
Source: ComingSoon.net

It is about f*cking time

I love the first film, granted the story isn't the most original but it's a visual extacy feast treat for my eyes. Everything about it is epic and glorious to watch.

I've been waiting years to enter Pandora again and it's possible surrounding moons, it better be worth the wait

I can only watch the collectors extra special directors cut etc etc etc and gave it watch last week. Still just as good

• Helpful Post
Avatar 2 Will be a Family Saga, Says Sam Worthington
Source: ComingSoon.net
Actor Sam Worthington (Clash of the Titans, Hacksaw Ridge) has talked to We Got This Covered about filming the upcoming Avatar 2 (as well as 3, 4 and 5), revealing that it will find Jake Sully years down the road from the 2009 original and focus on his offspring.

“They’re going to be shooting concurrently,” said Worthington. “The plan is to have some time in between, I think, but these things are always ambiguous until they start. We’re still set to start in the summer, though. James needed time to perfect the scripts. Whenever he says jump I go because he’s the man. I’ve read all the scripts, they’re great. This is going to be Jake eight years later, and he’s got a family now. This film is going to be like nothing you’ve ever seen. The world is bigger than the first one, but essentially, it’s a movie about family. Jake will still have that essence of a kid seeing the world for the first time, but he’s been living in the world for a while now, so what’s this world he’s seeing now for the first time? The film will explore that within this family dynamic.”

• Thanks
Reactions: elle82
20th Century Fox and Lightstorm Entertainment have announced the release dates for all four of the films via the official Avatar Facebook page along with a photo of James Cameron and his cast and crew!

“Great to be working with the best team in the business! Avatar takes flight as we begin concurrent production on four sequels. The journey continues December 18, 2020, December 17, 2021, December 20, 2024 and December 19, 2025!"

james-cameroooon.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Drum18 and elle82
20th Century Fox and Lightstorm Entertainment have announced the release dates for all four of the films via the official Avatar Facebook page along with a photo of James Cameron and his cast and crew!

“Great to be working with the best team in the business! Avatar takes flight as we begin concurrent production on four sequels. The journey continues December 18, 2020, December 17, 2021, December 20, 2024 and December 19, 2015!"

View attachment 307342
God 2020??? I guess better late then never......lol

The journey continues December 18, 2020, December 17, 2021, December 20, 2024 and December 19, 2025!"
Wow... and the wait continue... guess they never heard of the word "momentum" right...

Oh well... Cameroun prooved to a LOT of people that his vision worked with Avatar... let's wait to see how big those 4movies will be before judging...

• Helpful Post
I just wish he would finish at least one sequel...I remember hearing about a sequel to Avatar a short while after the first came out....and now he wants to do 2,3, 4 and 5...

I do wonder if it will be Cameron doing them all or if he will take a back seat for the others

I wasn't a huge fan of Avatar 1, so unless the sequels have something really special I doubt I'll watch them

• Thanks
Hahahha

Love the first but it's just crazy planning 4 like this lol

But I'm still looking forward to them

‘Fear The Walking Dead’s Cliff Curtis Signs On For Lead Role

Source: Deadline.com
shutterstock_6927514as.jpg

Deadline has confirmed that Fear the Walking Dead‘s Cliff Curtis is boarding all four of James Cameron’s upcoming Avatar sequels in a lead role. The New Zealand-born actor will play Tonowari, who is the leader of the Metkayina, the reef people clan (Cameron has said in interviews that the Avatar world in future installments will take place underwater).

Avatar Flight of Passage launches each guest on an exhilarating, wind-in-your-face experience on a winged mountain banshee over the awe-inspiring world of Pandora. Guests will actually feel the banshee breathe beneath them as they soar through the forest and past floating mountains. What was a rite of passage for Na’vi in Cameron’s film becomes a multisensory experience for guests seeking the ultimate adventure – a faceoff with the most feared predator of Pandora, the Great Leonopteryx.

• Thanks
Reactions: Drum18
Game of Thrones’ Oona Chaplin Joins Avatar Sequels
OCAVATAR.jpg

Source: ComingSoon
The Hollywood Reporter brings word that former Game of Thrones actress Oona Chaplin (Talisa Maegyr, the brief wife of Robb Stark in the series) has joined the cast of the four upcoming Avatar sequels. She will play the role of Varang, described as a strong and vibrant central character who spans the entire saga of the sequels.