Possible steelbook: HMV JP Price: ¥5,980
Notes: Amazon JP 1500 print run.

51T6kewgwCL.jpg

51FpMcU9JkL.jpg

51titrdlc-L.jpg

51TR1GF68nL.jpg
51T6kewgwCL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So... basically this will be the same as the Kimichi one? It might have the same kind of print finish or it might be slightly higher quality because JP ones tend to be high quality. Either way, it's a winner... I'm going to pre-order it as the Korean one seems really expensive comparatively ($20 difference if not more).

But it's likely the same as the Kimichi one... and it is likely NOT going to be a poor finish. Unless you just don't enjoy matte steelbooks. It costs less than the other versions now floating around with back art.

Still expensive for a 1 disc Steelbook with poor finish and abysmal inside.

It's amazon.jp. It's to be expected. I'm speaking of price only.

and not Extended version.

That's why you get the extended cut if you're an Avatar fan ;)

I ordered this one as I missed on the Korean version. I'm hoping it has some type of slip, but I have a feeling we're going to be let down. I'll still keep the order though as I need an Asian 3D Avatar steelie. Also, got to love amazon.jp's gift wrapping option.

I love the Japanese steelbook, have collected especially the ones from Amazon, they make amazing J-card or bonus booklet, artwork... but Avatar has been out for so long, is it worth buying it just because it is Amazon japan ? I'd be getting it more because it's from Amazon...

will it keep it's value if unopened ?

I love the Japanese steelbook, have collected especially the ones from Amazon, they make amazing J-card or bonus booklet, artwork... but Avatar has been out for so long, is it worth buying it just because it is Amazon japan ? I'd be getting it more because it's from Amazon...

will it keep it's value if unopened ?

I wouldn't buy it if you'd only be buying it because it's from Amazon Japan and not for any other reason. If you don't have the film as a steelbook and want a steelbook edition though, I say go for it.

it's been for sale for over a months, or about a month, I thought it would sell quicker.

I thought this copy was an amazon japan exclusive o_0