Avengers: Age of Ultron (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Nova Exclusive #14) [Korea]

WhiskeyInTheJar

Premium Supporter
Jun 1, 2015
Release date: August 18, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Full Slip C - Quarter Slip - One Click - (Pre-order July 28 at 10 PM Korea time) - ALL OOS
Price:
$47 (Individual) - $155 (One Click)
Group Buy: Hosted by Aniv One Click - Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Full Slip C - Quarter Slip
Notes: 2000 numbered copies (300 Full Slip A - 300 Full Slip B - 300 Full slip C - 200 Quarter Slip - 300 One Click).
- Boxset gift: production notes 128 page booklet, magnet lenticular
- 36 pages booklet (English, Korean)
- 9x character card
- 7x post card

20017894_1002408549862917_3016988616798064763_o.jpg20024023_1002408553196250_1434045646595967476_o.jpg 19956264_1002408556529583_2099889422090374789_o.jpg19800598_1002408769862895_5158680989545264231_o.jpg19956248_1002408786529560_3084446838496120301_o.jpg
img_3346-jpg.322140

Last edited by a moderator:
They are no different to Zavvi but hey unconditional loving fanboys will still rave about it. This is only the start. Expect Asian retailers to re-release the entire MCU. One fine day we will have 2000 quid worth of MCU Steels of just 12 films.

Nova has just turned into zavvi retailer re-releasing the same movies again. Flooding the overcrowded market again to compete with Blufans.

Reactions: lgans316
They are no different to Zavvi but hey unconditional loving fanboys will still rave about it. This is only the start. Expect Asian retailers to re-release the entire MCU. One fine day we will have 2000 quid worth of MCU Steels of just 12 films.

With all due respect they do differ to Zavvi if only in one way - a quality product. That recent Zavvi AOU is a travesty.

Should they do ANOTHER Ultron? Nope. But will it be a great quality high-end product? Most likely.

Reactions: Pj30
was hoping they release premium for Iron Man 2, 3 since those 2 have one..

With BF 's WEA Ultron and their previous Nova Choice I think this release is not the best choice for their next exclusive ..almost all possible art work has been exhausted. Curious on what they will use

Guys, even if Nova have done this before... just don't buy it.
I for one am glad they are doing another release. I liked both their previous fullslip and lenti releases and the steelbook itself wasn't bad at all,
having a zavvi version of it to open. If this release is the same steelbook as the recent zavvi version ( with the lenti that wasn't very good) then fantastic
because the steelbook art itself was nice (well, the front was anyway) and so Nova can now do it better with their slip cover art.
This isn't a bad thing for collector's. The more the merrier and if the market is flooded then so what? Steelbooks in general flood everywhere now so
you might as well just embrace it and if you don't want these releases then you have lost nothing anyway.
I am in agreement though that this could have been done at a later stage and instead a different film such as Iron Man 2 or 3 that we are seriously lacking.

Let me give you a count of my most releases from different retailers...

8 Winter Soldier steelbooks
6 GotG steelbooks
6 Avengers Assemble steelbooks
5 Age of Ultron steelbooks

skip the others to the lowest....

2 Iron Man II steelbooks
2 Iron Man III steelbooks

So yes, even though they aren't the best films in the MCU we could really do with more of those instead.

I think the problem is the companies not putting out the steelbooks with the actual poster artwork to begin with. Guardians, Avengers, Ant Man, Age of Ultron off the top of my head all had steelbooks that divided collectors and have all had superior rereleases be it from Nova or Blufans that have been amazing, all with the poster artwork.

I'd like to see whether Nova goes with this as all artworks/promo images that are any good have been used in one form or another. They surely can't reuse artworks they have used prior so scratch them out, I think the steelbook will be blufans lenticular image, we'll get the multiple fullslips with different characters on each again, as for the lenticular... I just dont know, I think the original nova choice one was perfect as is.

• Thanks
Reactions: bobberino and harry
Huh totally forgot I've got this already, I'm going to hold out judgement until I see what they do, thing is Marvel steels sells so I can see why they released this

If they just release just the Steelbook minus the goodies for 24.99 with the white full slip artwork, I might buy this. Overall it does look like a pointless release.

I was just thinking about what art they could go with and that popped to mind. The White poster art on the steel.
That would probably sway me to cave in so I really hope it's not that because I really don't need a 3rd WEA in the space of a month and although I can pass on buying, if it's completely different to what we've already got and i mean completely different (white art) then i just know I'll be weak.

Also I wonder if this will be the same price as a brand new NC edition or more because it's a WEA package or less because the films older and been done to death?
That's the other factor that matters at the because their NC line is too expensive for me at the mo

Last edited:
I consider myself something of a Nova media completest, at least in terms of lenticular releases and Marvel releases, I'm going to find it very hard to justify all that money for a secondary release of the same movie from Nova, though saying that, the completest in my will pony up the cash lol

So all the collectors that spent dollars supporting their releases and for them to pop another out lol. Of course Disney are always going to re-release but the first I have seen for a premium steel by the same retailer. If they did this for Guardians I can imagine the uproar from that. Oh wait I forgot, there be collectors that have 'missed out' on the original...

Reactions: lgans316
I was just thinking about what art they could go with and that popped to mind. The White poster art on the steel.
That would probably sway me to cave in so I really hope it's not that because I really don't need a 3rd WEA in the space of a month and although I can pass on buying, if it's completely different to what we've already got and i mean completely different (white art) then i just know I'll be weak.

Also I wonder if this will be the same price as a brand new NC edition or more because it's a WEA package or less because the films older and been done to death?
That's the other factor that matters at the because their NC line is too expensive for me at the mo

and been a long time since seeing a bright and shiny white Steelbook lol.

That white full slip artwork as Steelbook artwork would look Stunning. Unless the print run is under 3,000, Nova are going to struggle selling these.

Maybe they can do a Steelbook case only edition for 15. Would happily buy that but sadly this will cost around 50.

Reactions: Flloydo
Ultron was so cool in the theaters .... but its really turned into a weak link in the franchise. Hard to want to watch Ultron over other films in the 'chise. yes, I said chise.
And i read that as "chi-seh" :banghead: thanks :squint:

Anyway, if this is Nova Exclusive, then we're gonna have another WEA...hmm :coffee:
I wonder if they'll use the same lenticular though.