Avengers: Age of Ultron (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: September 14th, 2015
Purchase link: Avengers: Age of Ultron (sold out)
Price:
£24.99
Notes: Limited to 4,000 copies.

11107173-1784313271831309.jpg

Pre-order date: April 23, 2015

Zavvi Marvel Day is April 23, chat here
ultron.jpg
marvel day.jpg

Last edited:
Well I completely disagree with you and read my message again.
It does when I've already paid for the steelbook! Just like the people who bought dredd or the pixar ones. They should of had priority over the poeple who ordered just pre ordered. It's nothing to do with buying a Zbox its to do with actually already paying for both.

People on here know how much I hate a Zbox and this one back in May was the final straw

For what it's worth mate, I got exactly what you meant the first time and I agree 100% first paid, first served and all that :thumbs:

Reactions: Flloydo
Is this worth getting a copy of? I already have both the Ultron and Vision Best Buy Steelbooks preordered for $19.99
The Zavvi version which I have a copy preordered is $39.73. Is this steelbook really worth $40?
I regret canceling CA2 even though I have 3 other versions, I love Marvel but I am not seeing what makes this worth getting,

Everyone is fighting over it and I kind of forgot about this for some reason. Does it have some different embossing, spot gloss, or something I am missing because other than the Best Buy versions this is the only other version in the 1st couple pages of the Blu-ray SB forum, where are all the others like the 19 different Ex Machina and MadcMax Fury edituons?

Reactions: charleybusko
I have this on pre-order with a zbox deal and have already paid. I have a completed order, will they send me a steelbook who knows. Will they do what they did to me with the retro zbox hope not. Try to talk to there customer service, get cut and paste replies that don't make sense. The joys of being a zavvi customer. (n)

• Informative
thread has really gotten interesting over ordering discussions that serve no purpose
I'm looking forward to in-hand photos, but I'm happy with the BestBuy versions which are far cheaper and have title on their spine
the only "unknown" is if Zavvi (WWA) will be gloss and if North America will get cheap matte
I have this on pre-order so I'll just wait it out :)

Cheers

Completely agree, I really feel for the guys who bought previous Zbox bundles with steelbooks and paid £40+ and got the Zbox but months down the line didn't get the steelbook and zavvi being really sh*tty with the customer over it.

It did not occur to me at the time I ordered this about how there systems work with already paying for the whole bundle but your order showing complete until the fiasco with some members not recieving dredd or even a dispatch emal and thats why I messaged them to find out what goes on in that situation.

Thanks

It is not the fault of the customers who pre-order individually that they are not charged at the point of pre-order. As far as I know, there is no option to pre-pay for pre-orders. So you're saying even if someone was the very first person ever to pre-order this steelbook (through an individual pre-order), they should not get it because someone else much later decided to buy a ZBox bundled with said steelbook and the later person happened to get charged before the steelbook is released? That seems grossly unfair because it seems like there is nothing the former could have done differently to ensure they get one. That essentially means that to guarantee a steelbook, one must buy the ZBox and get charged first. I fail to see how that makes sense.

It is not the fault of the customers who pre-order individually that they are not charged at the point of pre-order. As far as I know, there is no option to pre-pay for pre-orders. So you're saying even if someone was the very first person ever to pre-order this steelbook (through an individual pre-order), they should not get it because someone else much later decided to buy a ZBox bundled with said steelbook and the later person happened to get charged before the steelbook is released? That seems grossly unfair because it seems like there is nothing the former could have done differently to ensure they get one. That essentially means that to guarantee a steelbook, one must buy the ZBox and get charged first. I fail to see how that makes sense.

I agree with your statement. Companies usually have a standard policy of first come, first serve. So if you were the very first guy or gal to order this, it will be shipped out to you first. But we are talking about Zavvi here so anyhing is possible :D

I agree with your statement. Companies usually have a standard policy of first come, first serve. So if you were the very first guy or gal to order this, it will be shipped out to you first. But we are talking about Zavvi here so anyhing is possible :D

I have never heard of any Steelbook company implementing a first purchased 1st shipped rule with steelbooks so I would probably not expect that to happen, probably ever, but I get it your pissed its cool.
That essentially means that to guarantee a steelbook, one must buy the ZBox and get charged first. I fail to see how that makes sense.

I didn't have to buy a giant Zbox full of junk in order to receive my preorder of Avengers. You have very few posts which means your most likely a new steelbook collector. I get it your feeling ripped off but you learned a valuable lesson, Zavvi only packages the "sold out" steelbooks, which are normally the most sought after, with Zboxes. Most of the time that steelbook will come back in stock at somepoint. They are very rarely sold out usually they are just holding back stock in order to sell there Zboxes because no one is going to buy those any other way. I remember them doing this trick with the Anniversary collection: Who Framed Rodger Rabbit(Gold Version) not that long ago, I think that is still in stock at Zavvi for about $20. Cinderella was "sold" out for 3-4 months and all of a sudden it magically reappears. Just don't feel pressued to buy any Zavvi SB because in most cases they always come back in stock. GL, and preorder anything you think you might want because you can always cancel your order, this works very well.

I have never heard of any Steelbook company implementing a first purchased 1st shipped rule with steelbooks so I would probably not expect that to happen, probably ever, but I get it your pissed its cool.

Well, it would be kind of weird if someone ordered something 2 months before me and I would've gotten the order before him, right? Companies usually have that policy but it's questionable if they uphold that policy or not.

And I'm not pissed at all. I couldn't care less :rofl:

Well, it would be kind of weird if someone ordered something 2 months before me and I would've gotten the order before him, right? Companies usually have that policy but it's questionable if they uphold that policy or not.

And I'm not pissed at all. I couldn't care less :rofl:

Has nothing to do with what is right. All the major Asian, European, and any other countries do not send there steelbooks or blu-ray copies faster to the customers that were first to make a preorder. The one item a lot of companies do is give the first person to place a preorder the lowest number if you are buying a numbered exclusive. Maybe someone knows a company that sends preorders by the time orders were purchased. The only time I've ever seen orders go out based on purchase date are Group Buys, this happens enough but it doesn't happen with every GB, only happens occasionally.

Think I will cancel mine, it matches the first one perfectly but as I don't have the complete set (I have both Caps (HMV for the first), Guardians, IM3 and the first avengers in steelbooks) I don't feel compelled to get the rest.

Also between Film Arena, the constant Arrow boxsets and my new job giving me less takehome cash my funds are pretty far stretched these days and something has to give

Sent by: Zavvi UK.

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch about the pre-orders which you have on our site.

I am afraid that we are unable to guarantee that this order will be sent out as we do have chance for oversell, I hope that this has helped you today with your query.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Zavvi.com Customer Service Team

Perhaps it's time Zavvi stopped paying a monkey a bag of peanuts a month to do their inventory control - I'm beginning to suspect they still run their systems on an old 386 running DOS...

I ordered this with a Zbox when I got home from the triple bill of Avengers Assemble > Winter Soldier > Age of Ultron and was pleased it meant I could order at 4am when I got home and and not wait for the steelbook to go live at 12pm as I would quite possibly still be asleep...at the time, buzzing from that triple-bill (IMAX as well, man it was good) it felt like a good idea.

Now...the usual "Zavvi trepidation" has set in!!

I just canceled my order completely...
Think my hunger for this movie has slowed down a bit lol
Only sticking with a few different steels of AoU now, with Zavvi's not beeing special enough to be one of them obviously.

Reactions: Steelselecta
For what it's worth mate, I got exactly what you meant the first time and I agree 100% first paid, first served and all that :thumbs:

Cheers mate, hope your all good? I can't believe certain people can't understand the point! It's strange. And theres a certain miss on here I can't be bothered to even reply to or talk to about it.
Anyway I hope their systems are up to scratch and I hope customers who ordered with the Zbox don't get a problem, I'll be emailing them at the start of next week to make sure people who have already paid for this with the marvel steelbook are priority as they have already paid. Really looking forward to watching this again

Reactions: popeye and PKAVFC
Cheers mate, hope your all good? I can't believe certain people can't understand the point! It's strange. And theres a certain miss on here I can't be bothered to even reply to or talk to about it.
Anyway I hope their systems are up to scratch and I hope customers who ordered with the Zbox don't get a problem, I'll be emailing them at the start of next week to make sure people who have already paid for this with the marvel steelbook are priority as they have already paid. Really looking forward to watching this again

All good here mate (hope all good with you too)

There will always be a few that want to "agree to disagree" just for the sake of it. Although I am not a fan of the Z Box, its up to the person what they spend there hard earned ££££ on and if they purchase it with the steel before the individual release, then its common sense you get yours first.