Avengers: Age of Ultron (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: September 14th, 2015
Purchase link: Avengers: Age of Ultron (sold out)
Price:
£24.99
Notes: Limited to 4,000 copies.

11107173-1784313271831309.jpg

Pre-order date: April 23, 2015

Zavvi Marvel Day is April 23, chat here
ultron.jpg
marvel day.jpg

Last edited:
I say release all of them.

With titles on the spine, the Marvel logo at the top (removing the Universal and Paramount logos where applicable), having quality artwork in portrait (not landscape - looking at you Hulk movies) and generally just looking amazing as a set.

I already have every MCU movie in a steelbbok, but I'll replace them all with better versions. I'd like to see Daredevil, Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter get the steelbook treatment too.
I must admit... a full matching set would be hard to resist. Only problem is, future releases would soon mess it up as they'd probably have random/unmatching artwork, and then we'd be back to square one. I can't see Zavvi releasing all of them on steel anyway, being as though they only did Thor and Cap Am a year or two ago. I wouldn't be surprised if Iron Man is a big possibility for them however.

Reactions: C.C. 95
I must admit... a full matching set would be hard to resist. Only problem is, future releases would soon mess it up as they'd probably have random/unmatching artwork, and then we'd be back to square one. I can't see Zavvi releasing all of them on steel anyway, being as though they only did Thor and Cap Am a year or two ago. I wouldn't be surprised if Iron Man is a big possibility for them however.
Ha, ha! In other words- do you really wanna be that guy who bought the newest box set of Harry Potter movies after every new film?!! I am not gonna go into a huge buy/sell/rebuy cycle for eternity! I'll just do my best to judge it as they come. It's already too much. I can't mortgage the house just because of Marvel. There are other steelbooks to be bought! And, of course, the elephant in the room is- Marvel is gonna make some bad movies that you don't want in your collection. (For me, despite the MCU story connections, IRON MAN is one movie. 2 and 3 are shite)
Keep in mind, too, that this is Disney. The most cutthroat marketing movie machine on earth. They will pry every last dollar from you they can. (And the rest in 'princess' money from the little ones!!):p

I would not be surprised if Disney decide to re release most of the Marvel Cinematic Universe as steelbooks or other special edition packaging

Its most likely that in the UK a re release of Iron Man and Iron Man 2 Steelbooks and possible another Iron Man 3 will happen its only a question of when they decide to do the re releases
When this does happen IMO they need to make sure both Iron Man and Iron Man 2 are 2 Disc versions and not exclude the extras disc

Zavvi of course have already done steelbooks Thor and Captain America but these were released under Paramount before the rights went to Disney
So its possible that Disney could decide to do these again at a later stage and they would sell with ease

I know steelbooks are brilliant but for a change what I think would be amazing is if all of the main Marvel Cinematic Universe titles got Neo Pack releases as they could look fantastic

I hope they do re release phase one steelbooks as I missed out on all of the orignal phase one UK steelbooks apart from the avengers. I actually remember picking up the Thor and cap hmv steelbooks in store and putting them back as I wasn't really in to steelbooks back then, what a dumb ass move that was :facepalm:

@C.C. 95 @paulboland Definitely! The Marvel films will receive rerererererereleases until the end of eternity... Disney/Marvel and Zavvi are a match made in heaven. :greedy:

I agree 100% Paul... Neo Packs are the future! :notworthy:
I'm not sure Neo Packs are the future...
I'd love to see someone do a breakdown of steel/metal versus Neo Pack.
I know one thing- Neo Packs scratch if you even breathe on them...
(Seriously, just putting them in a plastic slip scratches them)

I hope they do re release phase one steelbooks as I missed out on all of the orignal phase one UK steelbooks apart from the avengers. I actually remember picking up the Thor and cap hmv steelbooks in store and putting them back as I wasn't really in to steelbooks back then, what a dumb ass move that was :facepalm:
I have no problem with re-releases. I know some collectors feel that it's sacrilege, and damages the value and rarity of their original steels. (I personally think that if you think of your steelbooks as a financial investment, you're in the wrong game). The original release steelbooks will still be a Mark One release, and re-releases allow those who were previously not collecting, to be able to jump in the game without getting gutted by eBay scalpers. I collect for the love of movies, and could care less if 2000 people have the same steelbook as me.
But that's just me. (And you'll find a lot of different opinions on the subject). But as @Noodles pointed out- this is Disney/Marvel here...and they are gonna ride the re-release Pony to eternity!:LOL:

I'm not sure Neo Packs are the future...
I'd love to see someone do a breakdown of steel/metal versus Neo Pack.
I know one thing- Neo Packs scratch if you even breathe on them...
(Seriously, just putting them in a plastic slip scratches them)
The marks come off with a fibre cloth its not actually scratches its the texture of Neo Pack
I have 7 of them all are perfect but at first they can look as if they scratched but that's easily corrected with a clean

Reactions: C.C. 95
Be ready for zavvis Incredible Hulk as well as Iron Man in a few days...

That would be really good for the folks who missed out on the first issues and need them to complete their collection. :thumbs:

God I hope so!!
Had to sell mine a few months ago, no way paying fleabay prices for them now.

I hope this is true because I need these. I can imagine next Thursday being an expensive day for me. With Zavvi preordering do you pay the full amount upfront?

I did the exact same mate

You should be aware that Zavvi have on occasion brought the dispatch date forward with no prior notice, so best advice is to have the money laid away just in case.

Or do what i do, all preorders.. preorder using a credit card, this way there will always be money to come out then just put the money back on it when you get paid.