Avengers Assemble (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (Lenticular) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: April 6 May 30 April, 2015
Purchase link: Avengers Assemble (SOLD OUT)
Price: £24.99
Notes: Lenticular magnet cover, debossed border, embossed title, matte finish

01.jpg

02.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg

pic1.gif
00.jpg 03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I have most of those and dozens more lenticular steelbooks and in comparison this lenticular is pretty good. I am not saying that this is the best I have ever seen but neither is it rubbish. If you can't see the depth in the lenticular on this then all I can say is "should've gone to specsavers"
There's depth sure - it's just not got the clarity with the depth; characters towards the back end up very low quality. Plus it jumps from one position to another compared to the smooth movements between images I've been used to with others.

It may not be the worst lenticular out there, but it's certainly the worst I've seen personally so far; I think the Steelbook looks much nicer without it on.

Reactions: Basil
Can I ask what exactly it is about the lenticular magnet apart from the misalignment that you don't like? It's reasonably bright and clear and has very good depth. Certainly a lot better than the crap gladiator lenticular.

well it has depth that i can't disagree with that clairty/clear thats another matter, i would have to disagree on that. i would say hulk, ca and samuel all very badly out of focus and blurry and also the buildings at the back are very blurry too. not what i would call a good lenti by an stretch of the imagination.

but add on top the image was resized to fit inside the border of the steel causing all the mis-alignment around edges its not a good look at all hence why on the freezer.
i except is was a first go but did no one do a full product check e.g. lenti on a steel before manufacturing them all its not that hard and yes i know zavvi did not manufature this, i'm just wondering if one company made the lenti then another the steel then they all just got slapped on there before being sealed up.
anyway what is done is done its not going to change a thing you would just think there would be more quality control in the making of a product.

compare the two, i know the pic below is not the best but put it in you hand and look at closely you will see what i'm on about
pic1.gif

avengers-lenti-jpg.153516

basil :thumbs:

The ebay flood has begun.

I don't believe it will be too long before the price starts to drop to below cost. Just as Maleficent has begun to as well.

Since I'm not really into Lenti's the only few I have to compare this with are a few Asian Marvel releases, Blufans/Nova/Kimchi and all are in a different league to this completely. I've seen better lenti's on the front of Empire magazine than this poor attempt.

I'm not forgiving of the poor excuse of "it was their first attempt" either! Plenty companies do them and it was a major selling point of this package, it's not a new technology. Steel itself is ok though although not worth £25.

Since I'm not really into Lenti's the only few I have to compare this with are a few Asian Marvel releases, Blufans/Nova/Kimchi and all are in a different league to this completely. I've seen better lenti's on the front of Empire magazine than this poor attempt.

I'm not forgiving of the poor excuse of "it was their first attempt" either! Plenty companies do them and it was a major selling point of this package, it's not a new technology. Steel itself is ok though although not worth £25.

You are correct. It is worth much more than that. This is a much nicer steelbook than the zavvi Thor and CA release. This one has 3D as well.

The Steelbook that went astray. Going for £30 odd on eBay. The grail that got away. I hope it resurfaces again some day. Be it Gumtree or landfill. I will strive for it still. Even if I have to climb a mountain or a turd doused hill. ~ Will.iam $hakes-beer

The lenticular is not that bad, think people are overreacting abit.

It is and they're not. It is without doubt the worst lenticular I've ever seen. I didn't know you could get a bad one until I saw this. A lenticular is supposed to give the impression of a 3D image where you are looking "around" static figures from each side, and to do it you need to create completely different images. In this case they simply couldn't be arsed to create different images so they just used the same image but slid it to one side slightly like they're all on an ice rink. To make it worse each of the characters slides left and right by different amounts. Oh and it doesn't line up with the main steelbook image.

Basically there is no defending the lenticular and I would have sent it back. But luckily the steelbook itself is near perfect - only a full gloss finish could have improved it for me.

Reactions: schrute farms
I've finally received mine and I'm with the majority, the lenti is poor but the steelbook is decent but not amazing, I prefer it to the HMV steelbook but it could have been better IMHO.

It is and they're not. It is without doubt the worst lenticular I've ever seen. I didn't know you could get a bad one until I saw this. A lenticular is supposed to give the impression of a 3D image where you are looking "around" static figures from each side, and to do it you need to create completely different images. In this case they simply couldn't be arsed to create different images so they just used the same image but slid it to one side slightly like they're all on an ice rink. To make it worse each of the characters slides left and right by different amounts. Oh and it doesn't line up with the main steelbook image.
Well to be fair they showed you all this in their gif beforehand...