Avengers Assemble (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (Lenticular) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: April 6 May 30 April, 2015
Purchase link: Avengers Assemble (SOLD OUT)
Price: £24.99
Notes: Lenticular magnet cover, debossed border, embossed title, matte finish

01.jpg

02.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg

pic1.gif
00.jpg 03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So after sending back my crushed copy back at the beginning of last week they have now refunded me
I never really expected the idiots to send me a replacement despite requesting it and seeing all of those extra copies appear on Marvel Day but it still pisses me off and why did our Office of Fair Trading have to close down!

• Helpful Post
Reactions: spartan83
I ordered one at Marvel day and received it today. It's a nice steelbook. Yes, the lenticular magnet should have been better, but still I like this steelbook much better than the dull "A" steelbook.
The Novamedia steelbooks looks even better but is way to expensive, so this Zavvi lenticular steelbook will replace the "A" in my Marvel collection :thumbs:

Got mine today in the mail, the magnet was smaller than i expected as i thought it would cover the entire front. But it's ok. Excited to see the Nova.

Wanted to wait before I commented to make sure my praise for this steel book wasnt just initial excitement but its def held up.

Amazing steel, without checking I'd say this is a contender for best Matte Steelbook of all time. Usually I prefer Gloss but for the right release Matte can be better and I feel this is the case here. The scene depicted on the cover is perfect for the gritty, matte finish it got. A gloss finish may even have brought this down. Back art is great, you get the best of both steels with the big 'A' and an awesome front cover. Top contender for steel of the year so far IMO.

Shame that the Lenticular magnet doesn't quite match up but when you look at it straight on you don't really notice, at least I don't. This is my first Lenti magnet, couldn't have cared less before I got it but I love how it gives the cover added depth when looking at it, I'm down with them now.

As far as the 'which steel is better' question, love both covers but I think Zavvi takes it overall. Not a big fan of Loki as a villain but that Horn costume is just awful so the back totally ruins it for me. Looking forward to see the in hand pics of the glossy cover tho.

Can't see this steel book being a disappointment to any collector, esp a Marvel fan. Hope Age of Ultron gets a similar release but Im sure were getting the metallic 'A' first.

how can you compare the 2 steelbooks if you can't have one of them in hand?, or, do you??

Its better front art, its that simple. The novamedia front is just too stuffed. Call it my opinion or fact but like Greek said if you take away the lenti's and all the special do dads the zavvis artwork is way better.

Its better front art, its that simple. The novamedia front is just too stuffed. Call it my opinion or fact but like Greek said if you take away the lenti's and all the special do dads the zavvis artwork is way better.

Nah not agreeing with that, nova looks so much better. Plus it has the proper title on - Avengers ( no silly assemble). Not to mention Loki on the back, It looks stunning.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
I didn't know that! What exactly is censored?
Check spoiler....

The studio has been accused of censoring the death of Agent Coulson, who is speared in the back when confronting Tom Hiddleston's villain Loki in the film.

In the US version, the blade appears through the chest of Coulson, but in the UK version, the blade is missing.

Nah not agreeing with that, nova looks so much better. Plus it has the proper title on - Avengers ( no silly assemble). Not to mention Loki on the back, It looks stunning.

Well it is the proper title here in the UK, and Whilst loki is a welcome addition to a Avengers steel, the back is just bland and boring.

And the film itself isn't censored like the UK's.

Its only missing the spear going through Carlsons chest, no scenes are missing, no dialogue cut. Its how it was screened in the UK theatres, I have both the US & UK blurays and when i watch the UK copy its not something i loose sleep over when the ceptor tip is missing.

Last edited by a moderator:
@thewoe

I'm with you flower . Captain America was to prominent for me on the Nova .

Same steel 4 slip case's just a collectors being a cash cos to be milked .

Ohh and thanks for letting me know the missing bit your right no biggie that is missing :) .

Reactions: snooloui