Avengers Assemble (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (Lenticular) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: April 6 May 30 April, 2015
Purchase link: Avengers Assemble (SOLD OUT)
Price: £24.99
Notes: Lenticular magnet cover, debossed border, embossed title, matte finish

01.jpg

02.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg

pic1.gif
00.jpg 03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, that was a little funny but let's move on now.

Remember there are always new members and collectors who are not familiar with the way zavvi list their titles prior to them going live. These jokes will create confusion for said members. Thanks all.
Well Said...

Still no word on Whedon's commentary or missing doc??
(or is nobody interested in the UK getting boned a 2nd time?...)

100% sure we are going to be disc shafted...
I don't know why but I keep thinking this is gonna have the 3D disc. I hope they add all the extras, it'll be such a waste if this is the 1 disc release:(
edit.. lol.. just seen the op, it is 3D, yea! Getting confused after reading so many threads :) doesn't take much at my age :)

Last edited:
Reactions: harry
They won't. It'll be the exact same disc that has been available in the UK for 2 years. Disney will be too cheap to print brand new discs with the original omitted bonus features restored.

The original steelbook is 2D only. This will be 2 discs, but yes I expect it will be the same 2d and 3d discs currently available with the missing extra's, Zavvi would certainly have promoted the extra's if given the chance to add those the UK got screwed on.

No info on print run yet.

For extra's, it's listed on Zavvi website:
2D Blu-Ray Special Features:
•Deleted Scenes
•Gag Reel
•Marvel One-Shot: Item 47 A Visual Journey: Go behind the scenes for a look into the amazing sets, groundbreaking visual effects, and stunning cinematography to discover how this Super Hero team-up of a lifetime was brought into breathtaking reality. Learn about key visual moments in the film, the creation of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Helicarrier, and the massive undertaking to bring some of the most iconic characters to life​
Thanks, just looked that up :sorry: But only 1 disc? Wow, there's another con. I'm sure there's enough extras to include a separate "Bonus features" disc :dunno:. Even the 3D amaray I picked up for $10 had 4 discs :meh:

A Steelbook contains media in a steel case.
emoji2.png
emoji106.png

I'm comparing "back catalogue".
Which would you prefer?
A 3d Marvel or a grainy outdated D day film with a few bits of card thrown in?
Indeed :thumbs:, a "steelbook" contains a movie in a special packaging :drool:.
But you weren't simply comparing catalogue title vs another catalogue title. They are different "releases". HDz sells a "whole package". That's why I said it's unfair to compare releases that are not equal. We're not paying just for a steelbook with HDz. We're also paying for the "few bits of cards", a unique sticker specific to that release, etc; because those little things also take time and cost money to make. Add to that, Avengers will be 1 disc with whatever extras they can fit vs SPR will have a separate 2nd disc for all the bonus features they can find. And last but not least, we're paying for creativity. Consider the finish on the SPR steel. So when you take all this into account, it makes sense to pay more money. Others were complaining about the price on Avengers because Zavvi is not providing us with any of this but still expect us to pay the same? I definitely wouldn't. If HDz released Saving Private Ryan, without any of the extras, I would expect the price to be similar to other steelbook releases around the world. If not, I simply wouldn't buy from them. :D

But at the end of the day, I guess it depends on what kind of collector you are. Different people have different collecting needs/requirements :thumbs:

Oh and which one I prefer? I like both type of movies, so it doesn't matter the movie. Whichever is more unique and collectible. So in this case I prefer the outdated D day film ;)

They're gonna milk every single marvel film fan (inc myself) with many re-releases over the next couple of years. It's just a choice of which version do you want.

I was doing the math yesterday, i've spent in excess of £3000 on my steelbook/bluray collection within the space of 12 months and for what, a piece of metal that no one is impressed by other than myself.

I was doing the math yesterday, i've spent in excess of £3000 on my steelbook/bluray collection within the space of 12 months and for what, a piece of metal that no one is impressed by other than myself.

Yep, done it many times over with vinyl and rare retro games. Nature of the beast. :LOL:

They're gonna milk every single marvel film fan (inc myself) with many re-releases over the next couple of years. It's just a choice of which version do you want.

Don't work out how much you've spent on steelbooks , I did that and my missus saw how much to say she wasn't happy was an understatement !!!!!. At least I had some peace for a couple of days while she didn't speak to me .

Don't work out how much you've spent on steelbooks , I did that and my missus saw how much to say she wasn't happy was an understatement !!!!!. At least I had some peace for a couple of days while she didn't speak to me .

Haha ... It's worrying seeing your bank balance reduce so much without any BIG number as a focal point on the statement. Just lots of £19.99, £14.99 and £24.99's ... it all adds up in the end. Zavvi knows it, all the other retailers know it. If I carry on i'll need to join a Steelbook Anonymous club for group therapy sessions.