Release date: September 24, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £27.99

11812056-1954593636533739.jpg

11812056-1124593638270778.jpg
11812056-5794593636656163.jpg
11812056-1794593653886738.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i really like this one, i have no steelbook for this, i dont count the combo from zavvi, premiums are so expensive right now, so having this and Ultron for less than 80 bucks, no brainier

Omg! Finally! The wait is over! Never thought i would see an avengers steelbook! Bargain price too!

:rolleyes:

I’m surprised the Matt Ferguson art steels were never announced in the U.K.

Mind you, with these also being announced in the US it won’t surprise me if the U.K. announce the Ferguson art in the next few months too!

Omg! Finally! The wait is over! Never thought i would see an avengers steelbook! Bargain price too!

:rolleyes:
This release is all about the 4K, it's not really surprising that they'd do another steelbook, I wish they'd used the Matt Ferguson art though. Price isn't great but current Amazon price for the amarays is £25.99 and I expect it will be a while before they're included in any offers (n), we're all used to Disney price gouging by now.

I’m surprised the Matt Ferguson art steels were never announced in the U.K.

Mind you, with these also being announced in the US it won’t surprise me if the U.K. announce the Ferguson art in the next few months too!
That's the only way they'd get me to re-buy Marvel movies... love me some Matt Ferguson art! :drool:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I wonder if the 4k version will be the uncut version or not

The problem with these 4k steelbooks is that they aren't going to match the Infinity War 4k steelbook which they're selling and can't really see an Infinity War version of this steelbook coming out so once again you're left with an mismatched set of steelbooks. If they did these down the road with a re-released Infinity War steelbook then okay but can't see it happening personally

I wonder if the 4k version will be the uncut version or not

The problem with these 4k steelbooks is that they aren't going to match the Infinity War 4k steelbook which they're selling and can't really see an Infinity War version of this steelbook coming out so once again you're left with an mismatched set of steelbooks. If they did these down the road with a re-released Infinity War steelbook then okay but can't see it happening personally
From the item description:

UHD disc contains the original UK theatrical version of the film, not previously released.

It's was uncut in cinemas, so I assume that is what they mean.

Reactions: Covcraig
So it’ll show Loki’s stick of destiny AND Coulson ?
I haven't seen confirmation on the usual censorship sites yet, but there are only two released versions of the film I'm aware of so that's the only way I can see to interpret that statement.

Unfortunately it's highly unlikely Disney will ever release the R rated cut.

Kevin Feige:
When we submitted The Avengers, the first couple cuts of it came back from the MPAA rated R. That happened twice. So we went back and had to make adjustments. Well, whenever you impale somebody from their back and the blade comes out their chest, there are issues.