Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: November 30, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £34.99
Note: 2 films, 4 discs (including 3D versions) - Limited to 4000

11189459-1684337864226639.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked it up cheap too. I like the front, would be hard to combine any other aspect of the two films into a single image for a double pack cover. The back is just non-existent in terms of design, but again I would struggle to suggest a design that represents both films. Worth the £18 because it has all the discs as well, saves opening the steels from the individual films.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo
I picked it up cheap too. I like the front, would be hard to combine any other aspect of the two films into a single image for a double pack cover. The back is just non-existent in terms of design, but again I would struggle to suggest a design that represents both films. Worth the £18 because it has all the discs as well, saves opening the steels from the individual films.

They could have done avengers on the front of the steel and avengers age of ultron on the back.

It is a good price for both films plus 3D discs, with the discount it's only £16.20 and its probably close to the price of amarays for both films.. I think it's worth picking up at that price:)

• Thanks
Reactions: lenticularis
Yes, the back is a bit of a let-down with just that "MARVEL" logo and I'm thinking there must be a good reason for it being like that . . . something anyway not unique to this particular steelbook - AGENT CARTER and so on.
images

. . . but then again not found on other Marvel steelbooks where the artwork is on both sides - AGE OF ULTRON, CIVIL WAR and so on:-

upload_2016-9-11_12-57-59.jpeg
upload_2016-9-11_13-8-15.jpeg

If I could choose different artwork for the BACK, and which had to be separate artwork to what's on the front, I'd choose something like one of these:-

(1) Future Avenger steelbooks could have this symbol on the BACK with the characters from the film incorporated in it. . . but then what happens to the full picture spine - it would be redundant (LOL)?
..............................................................................................................................................................

(2)

(3)
ibFP2H.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:drool: Less than half the pre-order price!
4 discs including 3D for both films!
Conclusion: no excuse not to pick this up :happy:
avengers_double_1-622x320.jpg

:thumbs:
135255_front.jpg

(n)
135254_front.jpg

Love the split image artwork as seen here on the steelbook and on the premium Amaray slipcover release mainly because the COMPLETE SYMBOL is shown unlike on the previous two standalone steelbooks :thumbs:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also love the divided image as seen in CIVIL WAR and don't for example like what we ended up with on the covers of the gimmicky BATMAN VS SUPERMAN steelbook (1) . . . and would have preferred this as the front of the steelbook (2):-
(1) -------------------------------------------------------- (2)
upload_2016-9-11_13-25-3.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes, the back is a bit of a let-down with just that "MARVEL" logo and I'm thinking there must be a good reason for it being like that . . . something anyway not unique to this particular steelbook - AGENT CARTER and so on.
images

. . . but then again not found on other Marvel steelbooks where the artwork is on both sides - AGE OF ULTRON, CIVIL WAR and so on:-

View attachment 264002 View attachment 264024
If I could choose different artwork for the BACK, and which had to be separate artwork to what's on the front, I'd choose something like one of these:-

(1) Future Avenger steelbooks could have this symbol on the BACK with the characters from the film incorporated in it. . . but then what happens to the full picture spine - it would be redundant (LOL)?
..............................................................................................................................................................

(2)

(3)
ibFP2H.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

135255_front.jpg

(n)
135254_front.jpg

Love the split image artwork as seen here on the steelbook and on the premium Amaray slipcover release mainly because the COMPLETE SYMBOL is shown unlike on the previous two standalone steelbooks :thumbs:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also love the divided image as seen in CIVIL WAR and don't for example like what we ended up with on the covers of the gimmicky BATMAN VS SUPERMAN steelbook (1) . . . and would have preferred this as the front of the steelbook (2):-
View attachment 264025
I think the back looks extremely cool beautiful black sheen with centralised marvel logo!
It's all good!

Thanks for the pics just saved me £17.99
My pleasure!
2 films (4 discs - both films with separate 3D discs) in smart, elegant steelbook packaging . . . ideal for those that missed out on the original steels . . . all for just over 16 quid (at the time) - less than half the GBP 34.99 pre-order price . . .
Well, anyway, I suppose if you don't like it you don't like it . . . or you don't think that's a great deal . . . then so be it .
For me it's a . . .

. . . and cheaper than the 2 film 3D amaray:-

ZAVVI
Avengers Age Of Ultron / Avengers Assemble 3D Doublepack Blu-ray
£19.99
Save: £17.00

BASE
Avengers Age Of Ultron/Avengers Assemble Doublepack (3D Blu-ray + Blu-ray)
Release Date: 14 September 2015 | Certificado: Suitable for 12 years and over
GBP 33.09
PVP 37.99

AMAZON
Avengers Age Of Ultron/Avengers Assemble Doublepack [Blu-ray 3D] [2015] [Region Free]
GBP 19.99

Temporarily out of stock.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT 14th Sep.
Double steel now back up to GBP 29.99.
Avengers Double Pack 3D (Includes 2D) – Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray
£29.99
Save: £11.00

Last edited:
I placed an order for this when the price was down to £17.99 and used the ZAVWEL54 10% discount code to bring it down even further to £16.19 a real bargain price for this really great duo pack :)
14344701_10153916988935665_8917340187998561467_n.jpg

I placed an order for this when the price was down to £17.99 and used the ZAVWEL54 10% discount code to bring it down even further to £16.19 a real bargain price for this really great duo pack :)
14344701_10153916988935665_8917340187998561467_n.jpg
Got mine yesterday.. it's quite a nice steel for the price with 4 discs too

images

View attachment 264002 View attachment 264024

(2)

(3)
ibFP2H.jpg

135255_front.jpg

(n)
135254_front.jpg

View attachment 264025
:coffee::naughty::woot:Having the Character faces on the Avenger logo on the back or inside is a better idea than on the spine, and the same experience should be made for the other face on spine steelbook idea :whistle::whistle::whistle::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::cool:

Now £13.99 and bought. Looks nice on pics and I own neither movie. I also think the Marvel logo looks sweet on the back.

Sorry for those who pre-ordered at £35 :s