Avengers: Infinity War (4K+2D & 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: September 3, 2018
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 3D+2D
Price: £32.99 (4K+2D) - £24.99 (3D+2D)
Notes: Title on spine. Debossing around Thanos, the gauntlet and the Infinity stones w/ spot gloss.

03.jpg

11743005-1714593696194796.jpg
02.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite like this artwork...Not too bothered whether it matches the first two as we all know, it will be done again with other artwork down the line

The first releases of the UK editions didn't have titles on the spines so that still wouldn't have matched. Keeping the 'A' theme would still have been better though.

Even the forthcoming 4K releases have the 'A' logo, albeit with faces around it. It doesn't help that this design just looks off with the gauntlet not central, Thanos off to one side and a load of dead space.
I never cared about spine titles or not(and display many steelbooks face forward) so where a continuity image is set on front, like here and with the Jurassic films, it NEEDS to be kept, moving forward.
But looks like we’re getting shafted in the continuity department on both instances this year :(

Quite like this artwork...Not too bothered whether it matches the first two as we all know, it will be done again with other artwork down the line
But will ANY of them use the matching A logo?

any infos if the come back from zavvi ?
No word yet, but they sometimes re-add any cancellations around release date, so probably best to keep an eye on this thread for any updates - might be best to actually 'Watch' the thread (you can find this option above the top right of the OP), just in case!

• Thanks
Reactions: muibonita1971
No word yet, but they sometimes re-add any cancellations around release date, so probably best to keep an eye on this thread for any updates - might be best to actually 'Watch' the thread (you can find this option above the top right of the OP), just in case!

Theres definitely one cancellation! MINE! lol

Yeah, cancelled too as I’m not extremely fond of the WWA and will try for Blufans anyway. Should be a restock close to release but you never know, didn’t happen with The Last Jedi to my knowledge.

Yes, regarding front display on a shelf - or in a Zavvi/HMV steelbook frame - won't go with some of the others in the "Big A" family . . . but at least goes OK with no. 2 in the franchise - one of the ULTRON releases (the one w/ the lenti) . . . although might have to keep the O-rings on for uniformity (ULTRON with front title and INFINITY WAR without … allegedly) :-
160013_large.jpg
1531585222156.png

But . . . can still fit in reasonably OK with the rest of the "Big A" family by simply rotating 180 degrees for shelf display or steelbook framing (no title on the front anyways on any of them … IW allegedly):-
1531584726941.png
1531584536613.png
1531585554652.png

Last edited:
any infos if the come back from zavvi ?
I have 2 on order incase of damage - dont trust zavvi one bit.
If the second arrives ok, you are welcome to have mine(its the 3d version btw) for cost + postage.

Yes, regarding front display on a shelf - or in a Zavvi/HMV steelbook frame - won't go with some of the others in the "Big A" family . . . but at least goes OK with no. 2 in the franchise - one of the ULTRON releases (the one w/ the lenti) . . . although might have to keep the O-rings on for uniformity (ULTRON with front title and INFINITY WAR without … allegedly) :-
160013_large.jpg
View attachment 383688

But . . . can still fit in reasonably OK with the rest of the "Big A" family by simply rotating 180 degrees for shelf display or steelbook framing (no title on the front anyways on any of them … IW allegedly):-
View attachment 383686 View attachment 383685 View attachment 383690
that was going to be my plain, initially, until we get the correct, matching purple A logo.

I think it looks good, personally. I would have preferred a title but once again we can't expect everything from these WWA releases. The rear is a nice touch and this release is definitely an improvement over Black Panther.
Would I have preferred the big 'A' design? Initially yes just for continuity, but now I'm not that fussed. I think it will look great for display purposes.

Need better pictures. But it looks like we are having some kind of double embossing here like Maleficent?
The gauntlet is embossed. And then the infinity stones are "embossed" on the gauntlet too?