Avengers: Infinity War (4K+2D & 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: September 3, 2018
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 3D+2D
Price: £32.99 (4K+2D) - £24.99 (3D+2D)
Notes: Title on spine. Debossing around Thanos, the gauntlet and the Infinity stones w/ spot gloss.

03.jpg

11743005-1714593696194796.jpg
02.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered 4k.

I do wish, what with Zavvi being the home of Steelbooks and all, that they would once in a blue moon, release a Steelbook of ridiculously limited proportions.

I mean, just think about ordering a random Steelbook on release, for it to go out of stock and be told only 300 copies were available? It would be like finding the Golden Ticket.

What that would do is spark interest in an otherwise sometimes predictable hobby. Over to you @zavvi ...

Ordered 4k.

I do wish, what with Zavvi being the home of Steelbooks and all, that they would once in a blue moon, release a Steelbook of ridiculously limited proportions.

I mean, just think about ordering a random Steelbook on release, for it to go out of stock and be told only 300 copies were available? It would be like finding the Golden Ticket.

What that would do is spark interest in an otherwise sometimes predictable hobby. Over to you @zavvi ...

Depends on why you collect, do you collect because you like the artwork used on the steelbook as well as steelbooks in general or because you want something ultra limited?

I think Blufans ticks both boxes but to be honest, if blufans runs were for 10k I wouldn't be bothered as long as I had the copies I wanted in my collection

Ordered 4k.

The problem is as WWA releases are part of a shared run while Zavvi could grab only 300 of a 5000 run and it will technically be limited due to the J-Card the actual Steelbook itself won't be

With a WEA release retailers cant afford to limit it to less than 1000 units due to the cost in producing it

The only way of getting truly limited releases these days are the WWA bells and whistles releases from the likes of Kimchi, HDZeta and the OAB line from Blufans

UK have upped their international shipping rates so i have to be more selective on my purchases however i have pre-ordered for now.

The problem is as WWA releases are part of a shared run while Zavvi could grab only 300 of a 5000 run and it will technically be limited due to the J-Card the actual Steelbook itself won't be

With a WEA release retailers cant afford to limit it to less than 1000 units due to the cost in producing it

The only way of getting truly limited releases these days are the WWA bells and whistles releases from the likes of Kimchi, HDZeta and the OAB line from Blufans
With Zavvi's buying power they could easily do it, even Entertainment Store managed an initial 500 edition release of Jack Reacher.

Obviously you wouldn't do it with a Marvel release like this, as too many collectors would miss out, but a lesser known title would work.

It would actually drive sales, as many collectors would live in hope of striking lucky.

With Zavvi's buying power they could easily do it, even Entertainment Store managed an initial 500 edition release of Jack Reacher.
There have been several runs of 500 copies of WWA steelbooks from Zavvi, e.g., American Made 4K UHD, Gladiator 4K UHD, Despicable Me 3 3D.

Obviously you wouldn't do it with a Marvel release like this, as too many collectors would miss out, but a lesser known title would work.

It would actually drive sales, as many collectors would live in hope of striking lucky.

Did they or was it a case with that as a small outfit they couldn't afford to commit to a larger run?

As for the top shelf pricing on the 4K + 2D steelbook - no doubt the result of Zavvi shifting their allocation of BLACK PANTHER steelbooks at pre-order for 33 nicker a pop ...
upload_2018-4-26_13-13-46.png

... and I thought those 4K + 2D HMV steels priced @ £29.99 were overpriced :rolleyes:

Very surprised to secure a copy of this as I had to get to work early so imagine my surprise at getting a copy at 7am I would have bet they would have been gone

Saw this last night... honestly, even as a huge fanboy, I think I've finally become jaded towards the MCU. Was basically a two and a half hour-long action scene, and I became kind of numb to it all halfway through. Some fantastic scenes but it's impossibly huge and totally overindulgent. Nice to finally have some consequences for once, though.

Saw this last night... honestly, even as a huge fanboy, I think I've finally become jaded towards the MCU. Was basically a two and a half hour-long action scene, and I became kind of numb to it all halfway through. Some fantastic scenes but it's impossibly huge and totally overindulgent. Nice to finally have some consequences for once, though.

796696366.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: Melv500 and Kizza
You cannot compare prices of standard non Disney/Marvel Amarays to steelbooks for several reasons. First of all, these are steelbooks, they are never gonna be the same price as Amarays. Secondly its Disney and they charge top dollar because people pay top dollar. Thirdly, if you can show me a preorder of any Disney/Marvel release on UHD that's £20 at release (Incredible Hulk and Spiderman Homecoming aren't Disney by the way) I'd be impressed, they are all £25, some preorders are at £27 so when you factor that in the cost of the steelbook on top then £33 isn't asking the World is it.

It's like saying why pay £25 for a Zavvi Marvel steel with 2d and 3d when the 3d Amaray is about £18 on release? Its exactly the same difference

Finally, no one makes you buy anything let alone steelbooks so if you don't agree with the price, don't pay it. Simple

I think you'll find I wasn't comparing amaray prices to steelbook, or 3D to standard blu-ray!!!! I was compare amaray 3D and 4K prices, which in most cases is identical; therefore I don't see why there should be a difference between 3D and 4K steelbooks.

I know I don't have to buy it, it was an opinion, is that not allowed then?