Avengers: Infinity War (4K+2D & 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: September 3, 2018
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 3D+2D
Price: £32.99 (4K+2D) - £24.99 (3D+2D)
Notes: Title on spine. Debossing around Thanos, the gauntlet and the Infinity stones w/ spot gloss.

03.jpg

11743005-1714593696194796.jpg
02.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you'll find I wasn't comparing amaray prices to steelbook, or 3D to standard blu-ray!!!! I was compare amaray 3D and 4K prices, which in most cases is identical; therefore I don't see why there should be a difference between 3D and 4K steelbooks.

I know I don't have to buy it, it was an opinion, is that not allowed then?

If you look at standard amaray pricing it's usually around £15 for blu-ray, £20 for 3D and £20 for 4K. Therefore there is no justifications to charge more for the 4K compared to the 3D, IMO, let alone £8 more!!

The above is literally what you said, Why compare amaray prices when we're talking about steelbooks if you're not comparing them to steelbooks?

I don't even know why this is a debate or why you cannot get your head around it.

Marvel 2d/3d amaray £18-20
Marvel 2d/3d steelbook £25

Marvel 4K amaray £25
Marvel 4k steelbook £32/33

Its virtually the exact same price hike. There are no brand new releases of Marvel Disney UHD amarays going for £20...anywhere, so that comparison is mute..you are looking in the £25/27 range in which case you're spending the same amount on a 4k steelbook than a 3d steelbook relatively speaking.

Who said you can't have an opinion? You're acting like and I quote, Disney are "ripping us off" when they aren't and i've stated the reasons why

• Thanks
Reactions: lgans316
I think you'll find I wasn't comparing amaray prices to steelbook, or 3D to standard blu-ray!!!! I was compare amaray 3D and 4K prices, which in most cases is identical; therefore I don't see why there should be a difference between 3D and 4K steelbooks.

I know I don't have to buy it, it was an opinion, is that not allowed then?

4K amaray is £7 more than 3D at Amazon. I agree that Disney 4K prices could be lower, but when you compare only Disney/Marvel releases the mark up is almost the same. For years I've had to pay for a 3D disc I won't use (Not trying to start a 4K vs 3D debate) so the difference is actually less for me, plus if you managed to use a discount code the difference in mark up is about 19p compared to 3D with discount.

I hate the whole 4K/3D debate, it's so unnecessary.

I buy 4K over 3D but I EXPECT to pay more because it's a newer technology. It's like a newly released movie over an older movie, it's always going to be more.
When making a comparison about steelbooks, 3D priced less than 4K for the same steelbook... once again the 4K is going to cost more.
3D isn't worse than 4K, it's a different technology and in some ways more enjoyable for people. It's not my thing but I appreciate its advancement.

New = more.

Debate = over.

This isn't a debate over the technology as seen here many times before. It's someone having the fact that the price difference between an amaray version and a steelbook version of one format is the same as the other explained to them.

images

• Thanks
Reactions: hoppusdelonge
i just wish a thread be created for this whole 4k 3d bull and the thread cleaned up and everyone can go talk about it there instead of every steelbook thread filled up with this pain in arse of the last week that it has become, it is now getting very very old.

23438564-empty-road-with-dead-body-in-the-middle-at-night.jpg

@cooey @Wreck @apsmith21

now back on topic the steel please

basil :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: St4rlord
It's a shame some people don't take the time to read comments and put them into the actual context they are being discussed in.

NO ONE IS COMPARING 4K RESOLUTION TO 3D

We are talking about PRICING of this STEELBOOK...both 3D and 4K which this thread covers does it not?

What can we talk about in threads these days? When Star Wars came out we couldn't talk about the film itself, so talking of the actual film is not allowed, we can't talk about 3d vs 4k, we can't even talk about the pricing of the 3d or 4k steelbooks to which this thread is for so what can we talk about, literally the artwork and J card and thats all?

It's a shame some people don't take the time to read comments and put them into the actual context they are being discussed in.

NO ONE IS COMPARING 4K RESOLUTION TO 3D

We are talking about PRICING of this STEELBOOK...both 3D and 4K which this thread covers does it not?

What can we talk about in threads these days? When Star Wars came out we couldn't talk about the film itself, so talking of the actual film is not allowed, we can't talk about 3d vs 4k, we can't even talk about the pricing of the 3d or 4k steelbooks to which this thread is for so what can we talk about, literally the artwork and J card and thats all?

well say this nice as i can so you get the jist

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH STEEL NOW CAN IT:stop:

is that clear enough:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: St4rlord
well say this nice as i can so you get the jist

THIS AINT FOOK ALL TO DO WITH STEEL NOW CAN IT:stop:

is that clear enough:rolleyes:

ITS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE STEEL, WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE PRICE OF 2D/3D INFINITY WAR STEELBOOK VS THE 2D/4K INFINITY WAR STEELBOOK

And I ain't gonna "can it" on your account, I dare say the thread will be cleaned up pointlessly soon enough.. afterall you did tag 3 moderators over nothing

• Thanks
Reactions: lgans316
@Apollon

I agree. I'm not jumping in on conversations trying to dictate what people can and cannot discuss or getting arsy about a debate that isn't even happening. I'm not running to moderators either trying to stifle discussion because "I" don't like it