Avengers & Iron Man Steelbooks questions

Dec 28, 2017
Hi there. I'm new to the site, and just have a quick couple of questions I hope someone can help me with.

I'm in the UK and have been getting the MCU films on blu ray ever since Iron Man was released. I built up the full set, many of which were gifts, but I ended up with a bit of a mixed bag - The Incredible Hulk on Korean steelbook DVD (I think), the US blu of Avengers, a couple of UK steelbook blus and the rest being special edition or standard UK blus.

Recently, I decided to stop asking for these films as gifts and take matters into my own hands. I began upgrading where necessary, with the twin aims of getting each of the MCU films on steelbook blu ray, and getting the most complete versions (i.e. all extras).

After a protracted buying spree, I now have everything on UK steelbook up to Spider-man Homecoming, with the following exceptions:

- Iron Man 1 - UK Ultimate 2-disc Edition in amaray case.
- Iron Man 2 - UK 2-disc Special Edition in amaray case.
- Avengers - UK Zavvi steelbook (missing extras / cut) and US blu ray with lentic slipcase (includes extras, but not steelbook).

So... can anyone advise which releases of these 3 films I ought to seek out to complete my collection?

- Must be steelbook (or similar).
- Must include all extras (e.g. Building a Dream doc and Whedon commentary on Avengers)
- Must include English audio and subs on film and audio on all extras.
- Prefer to avoid foreign text on steelbook cases.
- Prefer to avoid any big non-removable certification labels like those on Australian and German releases.

I realise I'm probably going to have to fork out a fair bit of money for these, especially at this late stage, and my requirements might seem a little OCD (but I think I came to the right site for people to understand that).

Thanks!
G

Hi there. I'm new to the site, and just have a quick couple of questions I hope someone can help me with.

I'm in the UK and have been getting the MCU films on blu ray ever since Iron Man was released. I built up the full set, many of which were gifts, but I ended up with a bit of a mixed bag - The Incredible Hulk on Korean steelbook DVD (I think), the US blu of Avengers, a couple of UK steelbook blus and the rest being special edition or standard UK blus.

Recently, I decided to stop asking for these films as gifts and take matters into my own hands. I began upgrading where necessary, with the twin aims of getting each of the MCU films on steelbook blu ray, and getting the most complete versions (i.e. all extras).

After a protracted buying spree, I now have everything on UK steelbook up to Spider-man Homecoming, with the following exceptions:

- Iron Man 1 - UK Ultimate 2-disc Edition in amaray case.
- Iron Man 2 - UK 2-disc Special Edition in amaray case.
- Avengers - UK Zavvi steelbook (missing extras / cut) and US blu ray with lentic slipcase (includes extras, but not steelbook).

So... can anyone advise which releases of these 3 films I ought to seek out to complete my collection?

- Must be steelbook (or similar).
- Must include all extras (e.g. Building a Dream doc and Whedon commentary on Avengers)
- Must include English audio and subs on film and audio on all extras.
- Prefer to avoid foreign text on steelbook cases.
- Prefer to avoid any big non-removable certification labels like those on Australian and German releases.

I realise I'm probably going to have to fork out a fair bit of money for these, especially at this late stage, and my requirements might seem a little OCD (but I think I came to the right site for people to understand that).

Thanks!
G
Welcome to the forum @Gelf!:)
It's quite difficult to know exactly which versions you should go for as there's so many with these films! I know there was a UK Steelbook from Play.com for Iron man 1 and 2 but they are not cheap now and they are single disc releases I believe.
A lot of the time the Steelbooks don't always get the best editions and discs/ content are usually missing. They know we are buying for the packaging so they don't always include everything! Hopefully someone else might be able to chime in and tell you which is the best edition for you to get.:)