May 15, 2013
GA
Release date: October 10, 2017
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $29.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

6073208_sa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Without going into a lot of mumbo jumbo: Yes.
Think of a blu ray as a container. What matters is the source (the transfer elements).
If plants pressed faulty blu rays they simply would not work. It would not show up as a degraded picture, washed out image, bad sound, etc. - all of that has to do with transfer elements.
If a European disc came from a different master, then it would be different. But the majority of high profile major motion pictures will all be from the same elements regardless of country.
(The studios want uniformity of quality).
Some discs may offer more (adding languages, Atmos track, etc.) but that again, is simply just putting more stuff into the "container".
(And bit rates, are largely an issue of the past)
The face of the disc might have different art!
But quality wise - they should be identical.

Thank You so much for taking the time to explain it simply(so I can understand and not get lost :hilarious: ) and very well, you rock :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
The ATMOS mix in this release is amazing. Besides the usual directional effects, the details in the ambient sounds and music were mixed by masterful sound geniuses. They added new color to scenes in each repeat viewing. Such a great movie!

• Thanks
Reactions: Drum18 and dfoles
They still had a bunch of copies of this at my Best Buy. Usually the 4k steelbooks go fast. I passed on it though. Someone gave me the UHD digital copy code and I think that will be good enough for me. I need to be more selective on my steelbooks (I have way too many) and I'm not thrilled with the artwork on this.

They still had a bunch of copies of this at my Best Buy. Usually the 4k steelbooks go fast. I passed on it though. Someone gave me the UHD digital copy code and I think that will be good enough for me. I need to be more selective on my steelbooks (I have way too many) and I'm not thrilled with the artwork on this.

I agree I dont like the art on this either. Looking forward to the UK edition.