Baby Driver (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #88) [Czech Republic]

Which disc configuration do you prefer?

• UHD Blu-ray movie + Blu-ray movie + 2xCD soundtrack (4 discs)

Votes: 57 30.2%
  • UHD Blu-ray movie + Blu-ray movie (2 discs)

Votes: 36 19.0%
  • Blu-ray movie + Blu-ray bonus features + 2xCD soundtrack (4 discs)

Votes: 54 28.6%
  • Blu-ray movie + Blu-ray bonus features (2 discs)

Votes: 42 22.2%

• Total voters

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 29, 2017
Purchase link: FilmArena
Price: CZK 1,499
Notes: 4K UHD + Blu-ray + Blu-ray Bonus Disk + CD Soundtrack Limited to 1001 copies.

Karel Group Buy
Price CZK 1710

23737988_1587527331364237_2330650980459503645_o.jpg

19959370_10158877924785461_5489671771345363047_n.jpg

Last edited:
Yup. Not feeling that artwork at all.

I was just talking to @Wreck about Baby Driver on the last podcast and how I was really hoping for a release with Rory's artwork. That said, I kinda feel like they probably didn't ask him if this was okay. Then again, he was commissioned directly by the studio, so maybe he doesn't have a say when it comes to this release. o_O

I had heard from paul earlier in thread that aniv got involved with rory on facebook ... so i take it they found out it was ok.

And on the commission you are close. A certain major design agency commissioned rory for that artwork and also did other creatives for the campaign. Either way studio owns it. its been too pimped for that artwork not be on the steel at some point. even if not in first round in 2nd. I highly suspect it'll show its face tho. This edition (FAC) might be worth getting in combination to a rory steel. Or maybe someone else puts out a better total package ....... the waiting game.

I had heard from paul earlier in thread that aniv got involved with rory on facebook ... so i take it they found out it was ok.

And on the commission you are close. A certain major design agency commissioned rory for that artwork and also did over creatives for the campaign. Either way studio owns it. its been too pimped for that artwork not be on the steel at some point. even if not in first round in 2nd. I highly suspect it'll show its face tho. This edition (FAC) might be worth getting in combination to a rory steel. Or maybe someone else puts out a better total package ....... the waiting game.

Yeah, waiting game indeed. I was overall disappointed with Baby Driver, but I truly love Rory's artwork, so I'd probably still get it.

I love that fullslip. Knew it'd be that crappy steelbook. Bit of an error on the BS of the lenti, would be nice to see what the transition is. Most likely the bullet moving up....

For a FAC title that was announced just a little over a week ago (which they hadn't planned on doing originally) they sure produced a package and beauty shot mighty fast.

Still waiting on updates on Kong Skull Island, Hacksaw Ridge and Ghost In The Shell etc.....that were announced months ago :confused:
The full slip artwork they likely had contact with the artist who did the poster artwork so getting approval with the film studio would more than likely been quicker than it usually takes

I love that fullslip. Knew it'd be that crappy steelbook. Bit of an error on the BS of the lenti, would be nice to see what the transition is. Most likely the bullet moving up....

Lenti transition........

1sb7ib.gif

Is there a defect on the gun there? What's all the ink like drops near the end of the gun?

EDIT

OK I know what it is now, and it looks like it shouldn't be there. I take it they'll clean that up for the final product.......

3oKIPmSitUHq46j6rm.gif

Yeah, waiting game indeed. I was overall disappointed with Baby Driver, but I truly love Rory's artwork, so I'd probably still get it.

It was a fun watch .... but the 99% RT and stuff prior really does make you think you are about to see a masterpiece.

But it does seem like a film that might be an easy pleasurable multi viewing movie. So that's good.