Back to the Future 30th Anniversary Poll

Would you be inbterested in 30th anniversary steelbooks with original artwork?

• Yes

• Nah

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

denizen

The Shadow Ninja
Premium Supporter
Nov 13, 2012
South Africa
2015 celebrates the 30th anniversary of Back to the Future and if there is one thing that I have wanted, is to see these great movies finally being released individually on steel book format with their original art. What are the chances with so many existing releases, right?

More so, what is your opinion? Are you game?
Back-to-the-Future edit.jpg

Robert Zemeckis (The director) actually stated that they had no intention of predicting the future because they knew it would be wrong.

So instead they decided to poke fun at it instead. Ironically though, a few things did surface.

Marty Jr's Flat screen TV did come true. They did that using a reverse projector. Just last month a Kickstarter campaign was successfully launched to develop real life hover boards! Link below:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/142464853/hendo-hoverboards-worlds-first-real-hoverboard

And this year Nike said they would be releasing those awesome shoes with self-lacing technology & lights. http://www.cnbc.com/id/102330455#.

Even the news drones are now becoming a reality with CNN authorising the use of these for news purposes! http://www.engadget.com/2015/01/12/cnn-and-faa-team-on-drone-news/

As for the rest? Well...you never know!

Besides! We are not in October 21st yet! The rest COULD come true! :hilarious:

Last edited:

They used the original artwork before on regular blus.
I would love to see an alternative artwork for the 30th Anniv steel.

Reactions: denizen
Right I'm going to be honest, I've selected "nah".
I love these films and grew up with them too BUT I've seen them too many times plus If zavvi were to release these (guaranteed to be them) they will be ridiculously over priced with the standard art which I've seen far too many times plus I own this really nice dvd box set. I'm Getting a bit sick of all these old classic releases being priced at £14.99 or higher (mostly higher) with bare bones extras and stuff.
Also at the moment I'd prefer rare classics that you wouldn't expect or new releases. They only way I would bite is rare artwork or even mondo which a few have mentioned. I can guarantee zavvi will release these soonish

Reactions: howiesteed
I would most definitely be interested in some Mondo artwork anniversary editions. The cinema release artwork is just a bit plain to warrant another purchase (as much as I love this trilogy).

I can't believe blue valentine has just got a steelbook and the awesomeness that is back to the future hasn't :(

I have always loved the original Drew Struzan artworks but the German releases were terrible with the foreign writing. can't we get these babies as original as they were to celebrate the 30th anniversary?

I am not against other artwork so long as it does it justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.