Release date: October 5th, 2015
Purchase link: Back to the Future
Price: £14.99
Note: Limited to 3,000 copies

Part of the Back to the Future Trilogy set:
Part I | Part II | Part III

11151007-1194311460920693.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
disappointing :( thanks for the photos :thumbs: @BluSteel2012 @paulboland @chunk the BTTF Movies need some special treatment , hopefully in the future :whistle:
Maybe a long way in the future. This will be it for a good long while. I don't see Uni licensing this title to boutique companies...and if they do, Mondo etc. would make a product with art far removed from the BTTF graphic iconography we are wanting/expecting. This is as close as it gets.

Thanks for the tag @luke98 :notworthy::thumbs:

Thanks for the photo's @MCMXCII :notworthy::thumbs:

I cancelled these a week ago, thought I'd wait for pic's, I'm not sure what I think of this steelbook, the sides being cut off makes it look a bit odd front and back.. I don't know if I'll be getting the single steels.

Reactions: XCII and luke98
Cor blimey! Those steels look naff! Does anybody say naff anymore??

Glad I went for target trilogy now, hopefully a bit of bossing and gloss too!

Reactions: chunk
It's true about the sides for which I can no good reason design-wise.

However the tromp l'oeil effect of the title IS clever :thumbs:

Will hopefully pick these up for about GBP 8.99 each in the not too distant future.

Last edited:
Reactions: lights

Apparently you still say Naff. :hilarious:

But yes, I ultimately settled for the Canadian box set which includes the cartoon series too. So its not a total loss. I like the steels but that silver border bothers me too.

:writing:

Good question: Does anyone say "Cor blimey!" anymore (let alone "naff") although the shortened form of "May God blind me" - as an exclamation of surprise - is more often contracted still further to 'corblimey'.
I'd put this in the same bracket as STREWTH (God's truth), GORDON BENNETT, CRIKEY / CRUMBS (Christ), CODSWALLOP, HOLY MACKEREL (Holy Mary), STONE THE CROWS, SWEET FANNY ADAMS, GOSH / GOLLY / BY GEORGE (God) & GADZOOKS (God's hooks / Christ nailed to the cross) et al.
There is a 2000 film apparently called 'Cor, Blimey!' - a dramatisation of the love affair between Sid James and Babs Windsor . . .
It is of course in the lyrics of "My Old Man's a Dustman" :-
"My old man's a dustman,
He wears a dustman's hat,
He wears cor-blimey trousers
And he lives in a council flat . . . "

Reactions: Steelselecta
Happy I skipped these and I don't care what they do with the back and inside, still horrible the way they cropped the famous movie posters, they should send these back in time to get lost.

I prefer the Target 30th Anniversary Trilogy Steelbook to these individual Zavvi Steelbooks or the Zavvi Trilogy 30th Anniversary steelbook

I did have both the Zavvi individual and trilogy steelbooks on pre order but I cancelled them last week

I'm only going with the Target 30th Anniversary Trilogy Steelbook and the Flux Box Set from Canada and the Back to the Future: The Ultimate Visual History Hardcover Book

If Back to the Future individual Zavvi steelbooks drop in price to around £8.99/£9.99 I might get them but I'm more than happy with the Target/ Steelbook/USA/Canada Flux Box Set/Visual Book

Reactions: luke98