English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
French: Dolby Digital 2.0
Spanish: Dolby Digital 2.0

English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
French: Dolby Digital 2.0
Spanish: Dolby Digital 2.0 (less)

Subtitles

English SDH, English, French, Spanish, Portuguese
English SDH, English, French, Spanish, Portuguese (less)

Discs
50GB Blu-ray Disc
Six-disc set
Bonus View (PiP)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry for reviving this thread, but I think my question fits in here well.

As @jcm has explained in post #19, there were two different Band of Brothers tin boxes. Recently I bought the second edition (see post #16), which kinda looks and feels like corroded sheet metal. I didn't know there were differences between the first and the second batch, at all.
So my question is, does this also hold true for the The Pacific tin box? Is there a first edition with a smooth finish? Did it ever get a second print run?

I wouldn't mind if The Pacific had a textured surface. In fact, I think it looks pretty cool at the BoB tin. I just want the tins to be in the same style.

Any answers are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I'm sorry for reviving this thread, but I think my question fits in here well.

As @jcm has explained in post #19, there were two different Band of Brothers tin boxes. Recently I bought the second edition (see post #16), which kinda looks and feels like corroded sheet metal. I didn't know there were differences between the first and the second batch, at all.
So my question is, does this also hold true for the The Pacific tin box? Is there a first edition with a smooth finish? Did it ever get a second print run?

I wouldn't mind if The Pacific had a textured surface. In fact, I think it looks pretty cool at the BoB tin. I just want the tins to be in the same style.

Any answers are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Not sure if there were two runs of the Pacific, next time I'm in Best Buy I'll check the tins they have and post on here whether it is the same and the 2nd run of BoB

Reactions: CleverLoginName
Alright, thank you. I'm looking forward to your findings!
I did a little bit of research myself and came to the conclusion that there was just one print run/design for the The Pacific tin box, which is the "corroded style". But I happily stand to be corrected. ;)

Last week I acquired the first print run BoB tin; here's a close up showing the difference in the surfaces between first edition (BoB) and the only (second?) edition of The Pacific:

up05.jpg

up06.jpg
Tins: DVD, Blu-Ray (1st ed.), Blu-Ray (2nd ed.), The Pacific Blu-Ray (only ed.?)

I love the digipaks in all editions: :drool:

up09.jpg
(BoB DVD, Germany)

up07.jpg
(BoB Blu-Ray, 1st ed., Germany)

up08.jpg
(The Pacific Blu-Ray, Germany)

Reactions: jcm
Alright, thank you. I'm looking forward to your findings!
I did a little bit of research myself and came to the conclusion that there was just one print run/design for the The Pacific tin box, which is the "corroded style". But I happily stand to be corrected. ;)

Last week I acquired the first print run BoB tin; here's a close up showing the difference in the surfaces between first edition (BoB) and the only (second?) edition of The Pacific:

View attachment 279844

View attachment 279842
Tins: DVD, Blu-Ray (1st ed.), Blu-Ray (2nd ed.), The Pacific Blu-Ray (only ed.?)

I love the digipaks in all editions: :drool:

View attachment 279847
(BoB DVD, Germany)

View attachment 279845
(BoB Blu-Ray, 1st ed., Germany)

View attachment 279846
(The Pacific Blu-Ray, Germany)

Also confirmed at Target and Best Buy, you are correct about The Pacific with the corroded/canon ball finish

• Helpful Post
Reactions: CleverLoginName