Base.com - SteelBook retailer thread

Dec 17, 2010
South west england
http://www.base.com

These guys have been reducing the prices on a few popular steelbooks, and a few questions have been asked about the packaging.

I thought it would be prevelant to start a discussion thread.

I received a steelbook from them in a cardboard mailer akin to the old zavvi and amazon mailers, it protected the steelbook although I had to return it anyway due to an issue unrelated to the packaging.

Delivery times and customer service have been very good from what I have experienced, the three orders arriving promptly. (two have been non steelbooks and were sent via next day DPD, all good there).

Last edited by a moderator:
only ordered from them once... they´ve shipped the SteelBook in a jiffy bag.. luckily it was ok.. how that happened is still a mystery to me..
unless they get some better packaging I won´t order a SteelBook (or anything easily damaged) from them again...

I've placed an order for Robocop, I will report on my findings regarding packaging etc. when received.

Received my White House Down today (order placed before Spiderman arrived). This time it was in a thin cardboard sleeve. Not even the bubbles of a jiffy bag for protection this time.

Again, though, perfect condition. We'll see how Bad Boys arrives (again, placed before Spiderman arrived) and then I'm definitely calling it a day with Base.

Has any one ordered a steelbook from base lately? I'm wondering if there packaging has improved at all? I've never ordered from them before, and I have just pre ordered a steel, but I don't think I'll keep it if they deliver steelbooks in jiffy bag's.

Has any one ordered a steelbook from base lately? I'm wondering if there packaging has improved at all? I've never ordered from them before, and I have just pre ordered a steel, but I don't think I'll keep it if they deliver steelbooks in jiffy bag's.

Last one I had was in one of those cardboard mailers, so one step up from a jiffy bag I guess?

• Informative
Reactions: chunk
Last one I had was in one of those cardboard mailers, so one step up from a jiffy bag I guess?
Thanks @zoneism, that's good to know.. I originally ordered the sound of music from zavvi with a 10% off deal but then I saw base doing it for £17.99.. I hate to say this but I think I will pay a little extra and stick with zavvi as they have slightly better packaging. I would have gone with base had they done packaging more like arrow or ES. Thank you, I'll be cancelling base today:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

After reading every post in this thread, I've decided that I will not order from base.com.
Wanted to order Enter The Dragon as the price is really competitive but the packaging kills it for me.

Thanks to everyone who reported about the packaging.