Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Batgirl

Genre: Action, Adventure, Crime

Director: Adil El Arbi, Bilall Fallah

Cast: Leslie Grace, J.K. Simmons, Brendan Fraser, Michael Keaton, Ivory Aquino, Jacob Scipio, Rebecca Front, Corey Johnson, Ethan Kai

Plot: Batgirl - a.k.a. Barbara Gordon - must face-off against a deadly threat to Gotham City; Garfield Lynns, the arsonist known as Firefly.

Hmmm I wonder who they will cast.
Just hope she's hot. Her and catwoman should always be incredibly sexy. And in the suits too lol

I like that it's whedon too even though I hate buffy and Angel

How the **** did you find Cabin in the woods average? :wacky:

It's genius with one of the best final acts ever.

I mean don't get me wrong, it's kinda standard before all that but that's the point. Some cliché horror in a cabin but really they make fun of that element so well that even that's genius.
And not to mention the cuts to the control room. So funny

Wow nick, you shocked me on that one

(Whedon only wrote that though and was producer)
I guess I'll just post my review from when I first watched it back on release which pretty much sums up my feelings...

This is a film which basically pokes fun at the long list of horror movie cliches that have long since made the genre stale. It was all very tongue-in-cheek and that's what I enjoyed about it the most. However, because the first hour or so followed the same routine as most modern horrors, this led to it being quite predictable. The last half hour is where it all kicked off for me though - it was weird and absolutely ridiculous, because they completely chucked the horror rule book out of the window. I was also surprised to see a certain actress appear towards the end, which immediately boosted the films enjoyment for me. Overall, I found it fairly average, yet it's definitely a refreshing entry into the horror genre, which I'm usually not a big fan of.

Like I said before though... I probably need to rewatch it, especially as I now seem to be coming around to liking horror more. :D

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I guess I'll just post my review from when I first watched it back on release which pretty much sums up my feelings...

This is a film which basically pokes fun at the long list of horror movie cliches that have long since made the genre stale. It was all very tongue-in-cheek and that's what I enjoyed about it the most. However, because the first hour or so followed the same routine as most modern horrors, this led to it being quite predictable. The last half hour is where it all kicked off for me though - it was weird and absolutely ridiculous, because they completely chucked the horror rule book out of the window. I was also surprised to see a certain actress appear towards the end, which immediately boosted the films enjoyment for me. Overall, I found it fairly average, yet it's definitely a refreshing entry into the horror genre, which I'm usually not a big fan of.

Like I said before though... I probably need to rewatch it, especially as I now seem to be coming around to liking horror more. :D

That's fair enough

I found the first parts predictable but then they turn it on its head with the whole control room controlling the mood of them and directing them to the basement, placing bets, the other scenes around the world (the Japanese girls turning ghosts to frogs had me in bits)

Also the whole whatever you pick the horror that relates to it follows was awesome. Love that the guy just wants to see a merman lol.
Love that the stoner is immune to it all and the dumb blonde is actually quite intelligent.
The humour is very well done too.

But the last 20 mins is one of my favourites in modern horror followed by an even crazier ending.
Had a lot of balls plus Thors death was pretty awesome

I have noticed you are getting into them a bit more.

Maybe check out the autopsy of Jane doe, see it the other day (I did mention to tridon and bloodsnake in the thread but I never got a reply lol) thought it was great. Emile Hirsch and Brian cox were top notch in it.

You possibly seen this and it's a tough one to place in genre because it's horror and psychological plus add hitmen in the mix - kill list (we might of already spoken about this) Seriously underrated film. One of my favs from the past few years.
Acting is incredible from smiley and Maskell and it's wheatleys best film IMO. Suspense and mystery is intense and excectued perfectly

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Ok guys. lets get back on track here. @Noodles totally derailed this thread with his "Joss sucks" antics. haha

The real question for this tread right now should be. WHO DO YOU CAST IN THIS!!!!????
I want some good options. who ya got?

Ok guys. lets get back on track here. @Noodles totally derailed this thread with his "Joss sucks" antics. haha

The real question for this tread right now should be. WHO DO YOU CAST IN THIS!!!!????
I want some good options. who ya got?
How dare you?! :bored: :p

But yeah, I think we've pretty much clarified that he sucks now anyway. :giggle:

As for who should play Batgirl... my mind's blank at the moment. I don't really know the character too well if I'm honest, so I'd only be going by looks if I were to suggest anyone.

Who would you cast dude? :)

How dare you?! :bored: :p

But yeah, I think we've pretty much clarified that he sucks now anyway. :giggle:

As for who should play Batgirl... my mind's blank at the moment. I don't really know the character too well if I'm honest, so I'd only be going by looks if I were to suggest anyone.

Who would you cast dude? :)

Haha. Don't start it up again...

A lot of sites have been doing their "who they think should play the part" articles.
I've seen some weird ones like GINA RODRIGUEZ... I'm sorry, but What? really? no...

I think someone like Zoey Deutch would be great!
She's a rising star and totally has the look of Barbara Gordon:

Zoey+Deutch+Long+Hairstyles+Ponytail+llRCQXZK3_vl.jpg

Or what about someone who Joss has somewhat worked with before... maybe Kristen Connolly from Cabin in the Woods???
14094253_ori.jpg

Haha. Don't start it up again...

A lot of sites have been doing their "who they think should play the part" articles.
I've seen some weird ones like GINA RODRIGUEZ... I'm sorry, but What? really? no...

I think someone like Zoey Deutch would be great!
She's a rising star and totally has the look of Barbara Gordon:

Zoey+Deutch+Long+Hairstyles+Ponytail+llRCQXZK3_vl.jpg

Or what about someone who Joss has somewhat worked with before... maybe Kristen Connolly from Cabin in the Woods???
14094253_ori.jpg
WHAT?! She certainly ain't no Batgirl. :wtf:

Had no idea who Zoey Deutch was until I Googled her and realised she's the hot girl from Everybody Wants Some... looks-wise she'd be perfect!! :hungry:

Not so sure about Kristen Connolly, although she'd be a much better match than Gina Rodriguez. Funnily enough an image of Kate Mara popped up in the Google results when I searched Kristen... she could make a decent Batgirl IMO.

kate.jpg
mara.jpeg

@Noodles Kate Mara definitely needs something to wash the Fant4stic out of her superhero resume. She would work very well.
Haha agreed! I keep seeing a lot of people on social media saying they want Emma Stone for Batgirl... personally I think she'd make a better Poison Ivy.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and kaw
Great shout with either Zoey Deutch, Rebecca Ferguson (would like her to play her personally or catwoman) and Emma stone

But I also think Emma would be a better poison ivy

Massive no to Kate Mara though

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
Joss Whedon No Longer Making Batgirl Movie

Source: ComingSoon

The Hollywood Reporter brings word that after nearly a year in development, writer/director Joss Whedon has stepped away from the Batgirl movie at Warner Bros.

“Batgirl is such an exciting project, and Warners/DC such collaborative and supportive partners, that it took me months to realize I really didn’t have a story,” Whedon said in a statement. “I’m grateful to Geoff and Toby and everyone who was so welcoming when I arrived, and so understanding when I… uh, is there a sexier word for ‘failed’?”