Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: August 1, 2016
Purchase link: HMV - Xtra-Vision
Price: £22.99
HDN Group Buy: Hosted by Naughtius Maximus

Ireland
HMV Ireland - Xtra-Vision
Price: €27.99

01-288667.jpg 02-288667.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks bud but wanted to know if Satin is gloss or gloss like? This is getting worrying as TDKR original release with the broken cowl was horrendous and it was matte finish.
Satin finish is a half way house, it gives a slightly glossy effect but nothing like as good as full gloss. It's a lot better than matte though!

Zero Varnish means matte right? So looks like NA is getting a.superior finish. Please correct me if am wrong.

Just the way I see it . . . and for accurate descriptions a message to Scanavo is the way to go.

ZERO VARNISHED = POLISHED MATTE
Best of both worlds (IMO) and used ideally for fine detail steelbooks to give that extra kick that plain matte Matte may not provide - at the same time keeping all the fine detail which might be "lost" if a full Gloss varnish is applied.

https://translate.google.com/transl...ro-finish-de-certains-steelbooks/&prev=search for a brief, interesting article - with pics - of the differences between Matte and Zero.

SATIN VARNISH = MATTE GLOSS
Almost as if a Matte steelbook has been given a layer of Gloss varnish followed by a layer of Matte varnish to tone it down giving it a "silky' appearance but still with a sheen but a muted sheen when compared side-by-side to a Zero finish.

Jury's out on which finish is the "best in show" as each has specific qualities that the others do not have and a particular finish may suit a particular steelbook better depending on several factors (and not my place to go into the minefield of Gloss vs. Matte vs. this that and the other here).

Reactions: lgans316
I thought you were Superman. Comes faster than a speeding bullet.
I am Superman, thanks for the compliment. :cool:
I can come faster than a speeding bullet when there is a need. But it doesn't matter because this gun got way more than six shots :naughty:
Also, you may have mistaken me for Flash :giggle:

Just the way I see it . . . and for accurate descriptions a message to Scanavo is the way to go.

ZERO VARNISHED = POLISHED MATTE
Best of both worlds (IMO) and used ideally for fine detail steelbooks to give that extra kick that plain matte Matte may not provide - at the same time keeping all the fine detail which might be "lost" if a full Gloss varnish is applied.

https://translate.google.com/transl...ro-finish-de-certains-steelbooks/&prev=search for a brief, interesting article - with pics - of the differences between Matte and Zero.

SATIN VARNISH = MATTE GLOSS
Almost as if a Matte steelbook has been given a layer of Gloss varnish followed by a layer of Matte varnish to tone it down giving it a "silky' appearance but still with a sheen but a muted sheen when compared side-by-side to a Zero finish.

Jury's out on which finish is the "best in show" as each has specific qualities that the others do not have and a particular finish may suit a particular steelbook better depending on several factors (and not my place to go into the minefield of Gloss vs. Matte vs. this that and the other here).

Thanks mate. So Zero Varnish IMO is thick matte finish which means this follows Man of Steel then wherein NA was gloss and it was so much better in terms of finish and look whilst the WWA artwork was only so-so because of matte finish :(

The recent UK Batman Steels had Satin finish and it was so much better than the matte finish counterparts released outside the UK.

So looks like Warner has screwed us over again unless something magical happens.

I wish they could something like the concepts that noodles does or slip overs like zesty makes they are all awesome

I am Superman, thanks for the compliment. :cool:
I can come faster than a speeding bullet when there is a need. But it doesn't matter because this gun got way more than six shots :naughty:
Also, you may have mistaken me for Flash :giggle:

Don't worry about it man. I once told a girlfriend I was like Spider-Man. She said "was it because of your finely tuned physique?". My reply was "No, it's because I cannot get out of the damned bath without assistance".

Don't worry about it man. I once told a girlfriend I was like Spider-Man. She said "was it because of your finely tuned physique?". My reply was "No, it's because I cannot get out of the damned bath without assistance".

I once told a girl I was like Thor, she said "whys that? you gona hammer me?" I said "nah, I enjoy wearing a red cape!"

https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...tion-2d-3d-blu-ray-slipcover-usa.75746/page-3

@Actarus declared there that UK ultimate cut is 8 min. shorter than US/ROW ultimate cut. and no-one challenged it. any thoughts ?

I am not declaring anything. Information is provided by the bbfc.

So any challenging you can take it up with The British Board of Film Classification.
As for it, I really don't care and as for you as well !

I don't know why you always try to seem to pick fights.