Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Ultimate Edition) [France]

Release date: August 3, 2016
Purchase links: Amazon.fr - Fnac.com
Price: €26.99 (Amazon) - €32.99 (FNAC)

91GtRrCDbQL._SY606_.jpg

Contents:
- Blu-ray 3D active Theatrical Version (151')
- Blu-ray 2D Ultimate Edition (181')
- Blu-ray 2D Theatrical Version (151')
- DVD
- UltraViolet Digital Copy

Last edited by a moderator:
There tends to be a very quick price drop when it comes to Warner blu rays (I remember Mad Max & San Andreas experiencing a massive discount a few weeks after their release.). Man of Steel is still available, so I guess this one won't sell out rapidly... Yet the Fnac exclusive might sell out quickly.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: AlienKing
There tends to be a very quick price drop when it comes to Warner blu rays (I remember Mad Max & San Andreas experiencing a massive discount a few weeks after their release.). Man of Steel is still available, so I guess this one won't sell out rapidly... Yet the Fnac exclusive might sell out quickly.
Great! Thanks for the info.
Any other bonus on that fnac other than the OST?

Reactions: bloodsnake007
I have stuck an pre order in for now but hopefully will see actual photos before release date and payment is taken
This could still turn out to be same artwork as rest of europe so I will be hopeful at the moment if artwork different to WWA release

Warner (France) has on occasion released Steelbooks with unique artwork exclusive to the French release ("The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" / "Blade Runner"). So, it's always possible that the French Steelbook will have this artwork. However, there have been numerous examples of when the listings for some of Warner's French Steelbooks have initially displayed images of exclusive artwork ("The Dark Knight" / "The Matrix" / "Mad Max"), only for them to be subsequently altered to that used by everyone else. It's going to be a case of wait and see.

Even if Warner (France) does go with this artwork, there are caveats. The film was released in France with its title translated into French, "Batman v Superman: L'aube de la justice". If the Steelbook is indeed unique to France, then it will probably bear that title on both the front and the spine, as shown in the above image. This wouldn't bother me but there are many here, for whom any wording in a language other than English, would put this release beyond the pale.

A second problem with recent 3D releases from Warner (France), ("Mad Max: Fury Road" / "In the Heart of the Sea"), is that the 3D disc has only included a Dolby Atmos track in French, with the English track being a mere Dolby DD+7.1. In the case of the latter film, even the 2D disc only had a Dolby Atmos track in French.

I'm puzzled as to why Warner has decided to resurrect these flipper style Steelbooks. There were a number of such releases from Warner (Germany) back in 2009, when German Steelbooks had printed FSK logos on the front. Warner's answer to the complaints was to introduce the 'Wende-Steelbook', which had identical artwork on the back but without the FSK logo. Collectors didn't like them either and the idea sank into oblivion, until now.

It's really quite remarkable that Warner hasn't gone with the idea of two matching Steelbooks for this title, one with Batman on the front and one with Superman. It would obviate the need for a flipper and would undoubtedly increase their sales, since many collectors would double dip to get both.

Reactions: Ranavalone
My God it's very clear this isn't the final version. I mean look at it, there's a disclaimer tagline at the bottom of the steel.

This is going to be WWA, and FNAC exclusive is going to have WWA+the OST slipped into the steelbook. I really don't see Warner doing anything different for one country.