Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - In theaters March 25, 2016

What did you think of Batman v Superman???

• PERFECT! WOW!!!!!!

• Very good. Few up & down but overal, very good!

• Ok. Felt underwhelming...

• Piece of crap movie!!!

• Haven't seen... won't see! No interest here!

Results are only viewable after voting.

ash333

s'Mod
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Mar 3, 2011
Seattle, WA, USA
3.67 star(s) Rating: 3.67/5 3 Votes
Title: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Tagline: Justice or revenge

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Zack Snyder

Cast: Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Amy Adams, Jesse Eisenberg, Diane Lane, Jeremy Irons, Laurence Fishburne, Holly Hunter

Release: 2016-03-23

Runtime: 151

Plot: Fearing the actions of a god-like Super Hero left unchecked, Gotham City’s own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis’s most revered, modern-day savior, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it’s ever known before.

Affleck is a very wise casting choice by WB. He is a very useful addition to these Justice League films. He's not just an actor that looks and could act the part, but he's an AMAZING director and probably is a fan of the damn comic unlike other directors who get hired and always say "I was a fan of the comic since I was a little kid." Are we forgetting that these Justice League movies need a diverse group of talent to make these movies work. Snyder, Nolan, Affleck - do the haters not see the connection here?

1. Affleck has given audiences amazing quality work the past 7 years - directing and acting - Gone Baby Gone, The Town, Argo

2. People wanted Affleck to direct the Justice League movie. He's going to be part of the whole creative process in the next Justice League movies now that he's Batman, for Christ's sake! Nolan, Afleck, Snyder all involved - hello? ....and once again remember The Town and Argo?

3. The problem with Daredevil was the director, not Afleck.

4. Affleck has improved as an actor.

5. He's good at bro-bonding with his teammates (i'm guessing he will have great chemistry with Superman and with his future JL members). Affleck can play stand-offish loner yet he can still seem to be the center of the team, as well as still be likable with his attitude (sort of like Wolverine).

6. He can be a charasmatic Bruce Wayne and a gruff, weathered (The Town, Daredevil) Batman.

Not sure what to think of this announcement... I don't have anything against Mr. Affleck, he's a great director/good actor. I just think this kind of movie was too soon. Man of Steel 2 should of introduced Lex Luthor and/or Doomsday storylines and then... part 3 should of been about Superman vs. Batman and that film could of introduced the Justice League film. I don't know, that's just my thought. I loved Man of Steel... we'll just have to wait and see, who knows, Ben may surprise the hell out of us. Remember when Heath Ledger was cast as The Joker, yup people were upset about that too.

:thumbs:

Affleck is a very wise casting choice by WB. He is a very useful addition to these Justice League films. He's not just an actor that looks and could act the part, but he's an AMAZING director and probably is a fan of the damn comic unlike other directors who get hired and always say "I was a fan of the comic since I was a little kid." Are we forgetting that these Justice League movies need a diverse group of talent to make these movies work. Snyder, Nolan, Affleck - do the haters not see the connection here?

1. Affleck has given audiences amazing quality work the past 7 years - directing and acting - Gone Baby Gone, The Town, Argo

2. People wanted Affleck to direct the Justice League movie. He's going to be part of the whole creative process in the next Justice League movies now that he's Batman, for Christ's sake! Nolan, Afleck, Snyder all involved - hello? ....and once again remember The Town and Argo?

3. The problem with Daredevil was the director, not Afleck.

4. Affleck has improved as an actor.

5. He's good at bro-bonding with his teammates (i'm guessing he will have great chemistry with Superman and with his future JL members). Affleck can play stand-offish loner yet he can still seem to be the center of the team, as well as still be likable with his attitude (sort of like Wolverine).

6. He can be a charasmatic Bruce Wayne and a gruff, weathered (The Town, Daredevil) Batman.

well said :cheers:

Reactions: toddly6666
he was terrible in daredevil. everything about daredevil was done poorly. Direction, screenplay, editing, acting... but everyone has their own opinion and i respect that too ;)

he may have improved with his acting, but i just cant see him as "batman."

kilmer and clooney great actors but didnt suit "batman"

Last edited:
he was terrible in daredevil. everything about daredevil was done poorly. Direction, screenplay, editing, acting... but everyone has their own opinion and i respect that too ;)

LOL! Calm down Alvin! :hilarious: what number post is this? 5? :p

I agree with you in your last sentence, those two had a great career and Batman was just too much for them.

I like Affleck but I can't see Batman. This is tougher to swallow than Ryan Goslin as a tough guy. Lol I guess time we'll just have to wait and see how it turns out.

I would've liked it if they continued with the Joseph Gordon Levitt as the post Wayne Batman story line. Maybe that's just too much story for Superman Vs. Batman? And is it really "Vs."?

There is no fight between the two. Superman wins 100% of the time. Superman has proven that even with kryptonite, he will kill you before you can kill him, and than of course with the whole power of resurrection thing you can't ever actually kill him.

snyder can build worlds, absolutely gorgeous and stunning visuals. But he chooses style over substance. I think afflect has enough to range to possibly play this role convincingly BUT under the right direction.

there are so many factors into making this film work. How will the screenplay incorporate batman and how major will his role be ? We cant forget this movie is and should still be primarily about superman. This film, no matter who is acting really depends on the script and focal points. Crossing my fingers that snyder and company can pull this off

and the I Am Legend logo is much nicer than the first released logo.
picture.php

Reactions: Chandler_90
I'd of loved Christian bale to return as batman but as we all know that was very unlikely. I actually think Ben Affleck is a great choice. He looks very similar to Christian bale and suits the role of older batman perfectly. I'm guessing the new batman will be like the one in frank miller novel which is completely different style to any batman we've seen before.

I can't wait until they start production so we can see pics.

Also, I wonder if this will be man of steel 2 so basically the storyline from supermans angle or if it will be a 50/50 film in which we see the whole story from all views and has more depth into the "new" older batman character.

Remember what people said about Keaton? Everyone said he wouldn't make a Good Batman.......he Proofed everyone wrong. Maybe Affleck will do the same?
I think we all have this "NOW" vision of how Batman should be, Thanks to Bale & Nolan, and we can't see anyone else playing Batman as good as Bale. Can't wait to see how this turns out:D

I think it's a great choice. Yes, BA has had poor movie roles in past but he certainly made up for it in the last couple of years.

CB made Batman his own but I hated his Batman voice.

Last edited:
I think it's a great choice. Yes, BA has had poor movie roles in past but he certainly made up for it in the last couple of years.

CB made Batman his own but I hated his Batman voice.

I think its just an adjustment all around when we found out heath ledger was going to be joker, people really didnt know what to expect. But puting his career aside, he fits the bill perfectly

...by the way, Snyder hasnt messed up voices in his movies - the characters in 300, Watchmen, and MOS all had memorable, accurate, awesome voices.