This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - In theaters March 25, 2016

Discussion in 'Movies, Trailers, Cinema' started by ash333, Jun 14, 2013.

?

What did you think of Batman v Superman???

1. PERFECT! WOW!!!!!!

2. Very good. Few up & down but overal, very good!

3. Ok. Felt underwhelming...

4. Piece of crap movie!!!

5. Haven't seen... won't see! No interest here!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ash333

ash333 s'Mod
    Super Moderator Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +9,110
    Rating: 4.40 - 5 Votes Rating: 4.40/5 - 5 Votes
    Title: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Science Fiction

Director: Zack Snyder

Cast: Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Amy Adams, Gal Gadot, Jesse Eisenberg, Diane Lane, Jeremy Irons, Holly Hunter, Laurence Fishburne,

Plot: Fearing the actions of a god-like Super Hero left unchecked, Gotham City's own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis' most revered, modern-day savior, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it's ever known before.
    [​IMG]

OK you guys can keep smiling because WB has fast tracked the sequel for 2015 again helmed by Zack Snyder. Script is in the works now supposedly :)

WB Press Release:
    On the heels of the worldwide success of “Man of Steel,” director Zack Snyder is bringing together the two greatest Super Heroes of all time—Batman and Superman—for the first time on the big screen. The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures.

The current hit, “Man of Steel,” has taken in more than $630 million at the worldwide box office to date, and climbing. Along with its star, Henry Cavill, the upcoming film brings back Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane. The new Batman has yet to be cast.

Snyder is co-writing the story with David S. Goyer, who will then pen the screenplay. Production is expected to begin in 2014, with an anticipated release date in Summer 2015.

Silverman stated, “Zack Snyder is an incredibly talented filmmaker, but beyond that, he’s a fan first and he utterly gets this genre. We could not think of anyone better suited to the task of bringing these iconic Super Heroes to the screen in his own way.” Kroll added, “We are thrilled to be back in business with Zack and his team on this next movie. The success of ‘Man of Steel’ is a wonderful testament to the love and support that both fans and new audiences, worldwide, have for these characters. We are very excited to see what Zack has in store for all of us.”

Diane Nelson, President, DC Entertainment, noted, “Superman and Batman together on the big screen is a dream come true for DC fans everywhere. All of us at DC Entertainment could not be more excited for Zack’s continuing vision for the DC Universe.”

Zack Snyder, who made a surprise appearance at Comic-Con today, breaking the news to audiences there, later said, “I’m so excited to begin working again with Henry Cavill in the world we created, and I can’t wait to expand the DC Universe in this next chapter. Let’s face it, it’s beyond mythological to have Superman and our new Batman facing off, since they are the greatest Super Heroes in the world.”

The new film brings back Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder as producers. This time, Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas are serving as executive producers, along with Benjamin Melniker and Michael E. Uslan.

Thomas offered, “Whilst our ‘Dark Knight’ trilogy is complete, we have every confidence that Zack’s fresh interpretation will take the character in a new and exciting direction. His vision for Superman opened the door to a whole new universe and we can’t wait to see what Zack does with these characters.”​
    Batman-V-Superman-Dawn-of-Justice-Logo.jpg
    01.jpg

#1 ash333, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2016
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. ash333

ash333 s'Mod

Ratings:
    +9,110
    Being a huge Batman fan, I honestly wish they had released the ultimate cut in theaters. So what if it is over 3 hours long? Release it in theaters and if it is truly bad then it would be justified that Zack Snyder is to blame. Just my 2 cents.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
  3. bloodsnake007

bloodsnake007 Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
    Moderator Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +40,815
    *Possible Spoilers* BvS :batman: :mos: 8-bit

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
  4. bloodsnake007

Ratings:
    +40,815
    Official 'Ultimate Edition' Trailer #2 :batman: :mos:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Noodles

Ratings:
    +34,347
    The Ultimate Cut is released today on streaming services. I'm yet to see any cut of the film, but was planning to check out the theatrical cut first... however, I can't wait any longer! Going to check it out in a bit. :D

6. Noodles

Ratings:
    +34,347
    Well, I didn't love it as much as I'd hoped/expected, but it certainly wasn't the car crash critics made it out to be. I can definitely see what people meant about it being a tad messy and overloaded in places though... it had me lost and confused a few times. Overall I found it very entertaining and loved all of the main characters - Batfleck was awesome, although I think I still need to see more of him before I decide whether he's my favourite Batman. Wonder Woman was amazing, but underused... this obviously wasn't her movie though, so I can let that slide. Supes was great (and my favourite) as usual... I still wish they'd given him his own sequel before BvS though. Lex was good, although I wasn't really sold on him until towards the end. Irons is the perfect Alfred... can't wait to see more of him in the standalone Batman movie. I think the real winner though is the soundtrack... it made each scene even more epic than it already was. The movie gets a big thumbs up from me! :thumbs:

7. kaw

kaw Pop!/Movies/TV Mod

Ratings:
    +10,036
    @Noodles I'm guessing you watched the Extended Cut? Yes?

Ive been looking at a lot of reviews for the Extended edition of the film and EVERYONE is saying it was WAY BETTER then the theatrical cut.
    People who didn't like the film and watched this version actually enjoyed it now!

I think DC / WB made a big mistake cutting this film just for the sake not wanting to release a 3 hour film. Apparently Character beats, Story elements, and overall flow of the film all work better now.
    Can't wait to watch it!

8. luke98

luke98 Contributor-Steelbooks
    Contributor Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +17,057
  9. Noodles

Ratings:
    +34,347
    I did mate. Obviously I can't compare it to the theatrical cut because I'm yet to see that version, but I've also been seeing more positive reviews for the ultimate cut. I'm very interested in checking out the shorter version though, just to see how it does actually compare. I imagine the studio were thinking a 3 hour run time might put a lot of people off seeing it in theaters... I know it puts me off anyway (I don't mind watching long films at home though), but then I'm not a fan of cinemas in the first place. :p

10. kaw

kaw Pop!/Movies/TV Mod

Ratings:
    +10,036
    I think they need to bring back an Intermission for really long movies then.

When I went and saw the Hateful 8 last winter they had one for it and it was fantastic!
    It allowed people to take a bathroom break / stretch your legs / and discuss the film (thus far) with your friends. I loved it!

It would really turn seeing the film into an experience... rather then just a movie.

11. Noodles

Ratings:
    +34,347
    Couldn't agree more. I already struggle to watch 2 hour long films without taking at least one break, so I'd have no chance lasting 3 hours lol.

12. jitstark

jitstark The Ninth Wave
    Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,676
    I've just finished watching the extended cut. I loved the film when it first came out but thought it was badly edited. The extended cut is MUCH better. The story overall makes a lot more sense.
    Clark actually does some investigative journalism. You can see why people are actually afraid of the Bat-brand and Lex actually seems like a mastermind of a bad guy rather than some insane eccentric. Even the comparisons between the funerals add so much to the subtext of the story. Love the fact that Luthor is being moved to Arkham instead of staying in Metropolis

And that extended Warehouse scene! Amazing!

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  13. SweetJsp

Ratings:
    +183
    Some critics are changing their mind after seeing the extended cut, and saying that Clark Kent/Superman is better represented. I haven't seen it yet until it is released in bluray, I can't wait!

• Thanks Thanks x 5
  14. bloodsnake007

Ratings:
    +40,815

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  15. C2V3N

Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +692
    Saw UC yesterday. WOW, I was blown away by how good this version is.
    We finally see Clark and Lane as a reporters and tension between batman and superman has much more sense.

Congrats Snyder and shame on you WB for not releasing this version in theaters.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. DADDYCOOL187

Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +7,328
    The UE is the shizznit...extended scenes and additional scenes that put the rest of the movie into perspective. On my 2nd watch of this edition :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. nefilim

BANNED Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,378
    how the funerals add anything to anything is beyond me. as we all know superman is not dead. totally useless waste of screentime...and Lex coming out as a mastermind ? did not to me. everyscene he was in we're almost unwatchable to me.

18. Flloydo

Flloydo Yo honey-dips, summertime, fine Jheri drippin'
    Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +16,705
    I have to admit, the UC is much much much better like I thought it would

Takes away the poor editing and adds clarity on scenes that were making no sense.

Much preferred lex and superman in this version too.

I have no idea why they editied pritty much the whole lex making doomsday and gaining the knowledge and cutting his hand out of the theatrical cut

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  19. Flash

Contributor Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,656
    I loved the theatrical version and from the sounds of it the extended is even better can't wait to see it :)

20. jitstark

jitstark The Ninth Wave
    Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,676
    I can see what you're saying, but this version ties Lex to everything that's going on, whilst the Theatrical version just makes it look like he's an incidental part of events rather than orchestrating it all.

What I meant about the Funeral scenes is that the UE makes it clearer that the Daily Planet are coming out for Clark Kent whilst the rest of Metropolis are honouring Superman. It's something I didn't find clear when I saw it in the cinema. Narratively speaking, the death is not a waste of time. It makes sense with regards to building the Justice League. Snyder has already said that he wanted it this way because if Superman asks you to join the JL, then it's easy to jump at the chance. whereas if It's Batman and Wonder Woman, it's a harder sell and gives you more storytelling avenues to explore.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  21. Noodles

Ratings:
    +34,347
    Damn... they cut that part?! No wonder people hated on the theatrical cut.