Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - In theaters March 25, 2016

What did you think of Batman v Superman???

• PERFECT! WOW!!!!!!

• Very good. Few up & down but overal, very good!

• Ok. Felt underwhelming...

• Piece of crap movie!!!

• Haven't seen... won't see! No interest here!

Results are only viewable after voting.

ash333

s'Mod
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Mar 3, 2011
Seattle, WA, USA
3.67 star(s) Rating: 3.67/5 3 Votes
Title: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Tagline: Justice or revenge

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Zack Snyder

Cast: Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Amy Adams, Jesse Eisenberg, Diane Lane, Jeremy Irons, Laurence Fishburne, Holly Hunter

Release: 2016-03-23

Runtime: 151

Plot: Fearing the actions of a god-like Super Hero left unchecked, Gotham City’s own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis’s most revered, modern-day savior, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it’s ever known before.

That's not meth Lex is cooking.

right.gif

Remember when fans wanted Josh Brolin or Michael Fassbender cast as Batman? Both actors were in Jonah Hex - a movie much worse than Daredevil. And once again, the main problems with Daredevil and Jonah Hex were the direction and writing, not the casting.

Bryan Cranston Shoots Down Lex Luthor Rumors

Last week, some unfounded rumors began to circulate the internet that Bryan Cranston had signed on to play Lex Luthor in Zack Snyder's upcoming Man of Steel sequel. Many of you wondered why we never posted this story and it was because we thought it was inaccurate and a fabrication. Now, Cranston himself says the rumor that he's signed a six-picture deal to play the bald antagonist are not true.

�Six? This is all news to me," he said to Boston.com. "I think that maybe my name is bandied about because I�m known to be bald. �What bald guy can we get?� The reality is they can take any actor and shave his head or put a bald cap on him.�

Casting is stil coming together for the untitled film, and Mark Strong has previously teased that he might be in the running for the role of Luthor.

The new film is being scripted by David S. Goyer from a story he co-created with director Zack Snyder. Man of Steel's Henry Cavill will reprise his role as Superman in the film along with Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman. Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane will also reprise their roles in the sequel. It is scheduled to hit theaters on July 17, 2015 with production expected to begin in February of 2014.

Reactions: Drum18
Josh Brolin Confirms He Was Up for Batman

Josh Brolin has confirmed to The Huffington Post that he was up for the role of Batman in director Zack Snyder's upcoming Superman/Batman movie, a role which instead went to Ben Affleck.

Asked if he had any conversations with Snyder about the role, Brolin said, "We did. I didn't have conversations about it, but Zack, that was part of his idea. It just didn't turn out. It's OK. It is OK. You know, another scenario might have worked better, but I'm happy for Ben."

He was also asked about the reaction to Affleck getting the role: "I've never seen such a global reaction in my life, I feel for him, truly. I would not want to be him right now. The reaction becomes so personal. It's like, '**** this guy, I wish he was dead.' And you're like, 'What? Dude, seriously? This guy is just working like you are. He's doing the same thing you are. He's trying to make the best choices he can... I want him to kick ass and I want everyone to love it and kind of eat their words."

ET Canada also chatted with Hugh Jackman about Affleck playing Batman.

"I have a great trainer for Ben," Jackman said. "But Ben is poised to crush it. I�m really happy for him. I�m so happy he got the part. The difficult part of the role is the Bruce Wayne part. I think he will crush it, and I'm really excited to see what he does. He's ready for it. I love Ben�he's super smart, very talented, and he will be around for a long time. I think people are gonna to love it."

Naturally, Affleck's wife Jennifer Garner, who starred opposite him as Elektra in Daredevil and the spin-off, is excited. "I'm excited about Batman, of course," Garner said. "Everything we do, we look at it together, and we say, 'Can we handle this? Can we take this?' And this was one where we were like, 'Let�s go to Michigan!'"

I really wish Josh brolin was cast as Batman.
I was very dissapointed that Ben Affleck was cast instead but i will judge him when i see the sequel.
For the villain, i think its going to be 2-3 villains in the sequel. One for sure is Lex Luthor, and maybe Braniac or Doosmday who knows.

What is this i hear about justin beaber having a role in the movie? please Please PLEASE tell me that its not true.

Yeah the little nobhead posted a picture of him on Instagram with a copy of the script. I sincerely hope it's a hoax. If it's true then I will not be watching it

David S. Goyer Thinks Superman Should be Able to Kill

Digital Spy reports that Man of Steel writer and Superman/Batman co-writer David S. Goyer talked about the controversial ending of this summer's Superman movie during last night's BATFA and BFI Screenwriters' Lecture.

While Superman has been reluctant to take a life in the comics, Goyer stated that's not the case for the movies.

"We were pretty sure that was going to be controversial," Goyer said. "It's not like we were deluding ourselves, and we weren't just doing it to be cool. We felt, in the case of Zod, we wanted to put the character in an impossible situation and make an impossible choice.

"This is one area, and I've written comic books as well and this is where I disagree with some of my fellow comic book writers - 'Superman doesn't kill'. It's a rule that exists outside of the narrative and I just don't believe in rules like that. I believe when you're writing film or television, you can't rely on a crutch or rule that exists outside of the narrative of the film.

"So the situation was, Zod says 'I'm not going to stop until you kill me or I kill you.' The reality is no prison on the planet could hold him and in our film Superman can't fly to the moon, and we didn't want to come up with that crutch.

"Also our movie was in a way Superman Begins, he's not really Superman until the end of the film. We wanted him to have had that experience of having taken a life and carry that through onto the next films. Because he's Superman and because people idolise him he will have to hold himself to a higher standard."

In another article on the event, The Hollywood Reporter says that Goyer was asked whether he was writing the upcoming Justice League movie as well. "Might be, can't say," he said.

AWESOME!!! New Batman Suit!

New Batman Suit in MoS 2 - from Yahoo Finance:

Comic book lord Kevin Smith says the new Batsuit blew his mind.

Well, this is good news Batfans.

For anyone who has been against the casting of Ben Affleck as the Caped Crusader, you can be assured that one thing is awesome so far: Batman's new suit.

Comic book lord and filmmaker Kevin Smith spilled during his latest Hollywood Babble-On podcast that he has seen a picture of Affleck in the new costume straight from director Zack Snyder and its awesome.

Over the weekend, Smith hosted a fan Q&A event with Snyder and stars Henry Cavill and Amy Adams in anticipation of the Blu-ray release of "Man of Steel" Tuesday where he says the director showed him a photo backstage.

From the podcast:

"I saw the Batman costume. More than that I saw a picture of him (Affleck) in the costume … Now, I don't want to give anything away 'cause that is up to them and stuff … but I am going to say this, I instantly bear hugged him (Snyder). You have not seen this costume in a movie on film before, and for a comic book fan, it was mind bending. I was like 'Get the f--- out of here, only you have enough power to pull this off.'"

The "Comic Book Men" star added that even hardcore Batfans will be able to get behind this costume.

"The costume, it blew my mind," said Smith. "It's its own thing. I was so elated."

It's been rumored the new Batman is being modeled after popular 2011 graphic novel "Batman: Noel."

And for anyone who was worried about bat nipple on the new look, Smith assured there will be none.

Me too, me too. Snyder also mentioned it would be really fun to have actual physical conflicts between Bats and Supes EEK! That would be tops!